Options

Listen: Melanie Amaro shows how great a singer Alexandra is

1235»

Comments

• Options
    David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    X Factor USA was more a sprint compared to AI, double eliminations and a 3 horse final reduced the number of performances per artist. The relatively few performances meant that Melanie was able to get away with showing little versatility (Listen was a repeat). A big voice gets you so far but its not everything.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    X Factor USA was more a sprint compared to AI, double eliminations and a 3 horse final reduced the number of performances per artist. The relatively few performances meant that Melanie was able to get away with showing little versatility (Listen was a repeat). A big voice gets you so far but its not everything.

she was a big contender from the moment she sang in her audition. she wiped the floor with chris and josh. she had a standing ovation from everyone!! ive seen her audition on a camera too (not just the produced version) and her voice is incredible, the whole thing was like 10 mins long anyway, and all the moments were there, except paula wanting to meet her family and simon saying no to her. eventually melanie brought her parents on and they said that their daughter has a gift and that you know that. they said a joke and everyone laughed and then the clip cut off. but it showed how powerful her voice is. and like alex burke, for 19, the girl has one hell of a voice. she only can go UP in terms of experience, range and talent :D
  • Options
    SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    iluvdannii wrote: »
    I think Melanie is amazing! but i think Alexandra had that star quality! but then again Melanie could still be a star imo!

100% agree on all you said.

Love Melanie........... but Alexandra was AWESOME and should really be doing better than she has been doing. I wish someone in the States would take her on.

Has she tried to hit the States? What happened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sarn wrote: »
    100% agree on all you said.

Love Melanie........... but Alexandra was AWESOME and should really be doing better than she has been doing. I wish someone in the States would take her on.

Has she tried to hit the States? What happened?

shes building her own career and has been for time. shes heading there with LP2 in 2012. pop into the Alexandra appreciation forum for updates and the like. this is also the reason too:

from Zack06:
    [I think Simon was too emotionally invested in Leona at one point. I don't think he liked the idea of someone coming along to steal her thunder. When Ben Shepard (former GMTV host) called into X-Tra Factor after Alex won the 2008 final, Shepard said he thought Alexandra was the best vocalist that's ever been on the show. Simon looked aghast, as if he wanted to say, "how dare you insult Leona by making that claim". Simon just never wanted to class her on Leona's level as a singer, and it was obvious. It's becoming really clear how special a vocalist Alex is, but he was too blind to see it. No one could compare to Leona in his eyes, and that always spelled trouble for how he'd handle Alex.

That personal bias stopped him from doing as much for Alex as he could have done. If he wanted to, he could have hyped her up to the Americans Leona style, and Alex was more than good enough for them to buy it. But he left it to Beyonce to help Alex secure an American record deal, and put zero effort into getting her through in America. Bit of a waste really. ]

simon didnt look and analyse properly. he was too up himself. he thought leona was the best thing since sliced bread. beyonce got alex a US deal and so simon had no obligation/desire to take her to the USA. so she had to plan it all herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    with melanie and star quality v alex and star quality... the elephant test should be used. i see janelle monae, beyonce, gaga and i see a star. something hard to define but when you see it (the x factor) you cant deny it. i think melanie's got it, but its easy to see why people cant. however do it this way: melanie v chris v josh. and she wins hands down. no one thought alex would be so incredible 3 years on from her win.we cant tell melanie's career yet (no one thought alex would do pop, i think besides bad boys, an overcome style album would suit melanie (a bit of movement would do wonders for her, I'd love her to become a stage diva ie 'you owned that stage'). funny....3 years ago one diva won after singing listen and 3 years on ANOTHER incredible diva won after singing listen. karma's smart. and thank GOD for beyonce and dreamgirls :D

lets hope they BOTH rule in the USA next year! :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie is rather lackluster =s

I'm not a fan of her voice, its decent but nothing special. Can see this girl being great in the West End though :)
  • Options
    da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmao @ Alexandra fans

better than Beyonce?!!!

Delusional much?!

Anyway, I like Alexandra's listen version to Melanie's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    da3bool wrote: »
    lmao @ Alexandra fans

better than Beyonce?!!!

Delusional much?!

Anyway, I like Alexandra's listen version to Melanie's

no its true. you cant compare a 19 year old to a near 30 year old. so compare age like for like, and the reality is that beyonce couldnt sing like alexandra at 19. the closest solo we have around that age is her debut which is 23. so compare this (beyonce at 23 - dangerously in love 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf2Xau4Qvwk) to this alex at 23 - the silence (on an off day BTW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w26UoPBrwXU and whos loving you at the MJ tribute - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aED1GTZvLA)

its not delusional at all. also beyonces material has given her flexibility to freak out (i love that phrase :D) whereas alex's hasnt. when alex is 30 lets compare again to this year.