Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Motorcycle Diaries

Fantastic landscapes and scenery of South America as a young Che Guevara goes on a soul searching trip with his friend. On the way they meet a variety of poor, underprivileged and indigenous people in Chile and Peru where Che's ideologies are forged. Throw in a fair bit of humour and you have a very good watch.

8/10
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Space Warriors (2013) Last night think was on Sony movies I gave this a 5 out of 10 was an all right film.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inherent Vice (2014) 7.5/10
    Wakolda (2013) 7/10
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Aliens (1986) 10/10
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dumas 6/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    just watched The Stepfather ( the newer remake one, it had Amber Heard in it, blond girl who was in All the boys love Mandy Lane, i only recognised her to towards the end lol )

not bad thriller, i rented it once from Blockbuster and recorded it when it came on tv
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fear City (1984) - Topless dancers are been attacked/murdered in New York by a crazed martial arts expert. Ex-boxer (with a tragic past) turned topless dancer agent Tom Berenger must stop the attacks, because the cops are useless. Sleazy rubbish, but I enjoyed it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Fear City (1984) - Topless dancers are been attacked/murdered in New York by a crazed martial arts expert. Ex-boxer (with a tragic past) turned topless dancer agent Tom Berenger must stop the attacks, because the cops are useless. Sleazy rubbish, but I enjoyed it.

sounds like a film off that movie mix channel..lot of oldish movies go on there..Tom Berenger, wow, not heard from him in ages and last time i did see him was in Shattered, good film too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    sounds like a film off that movie mix channel..lot of oldish movies go on there..Tom Berenger, wow, not heard from him in ages and last time i did see him was in Shattered, good film too

I bought it from CeX for 20p, mainly because I liked the DVD cover. Picture quality was pretty good. Melanie Griffith was hot back then! It was good to see Michael Gazzo (Frankie Five Angels in The Godfather Part 2), and Joe Santos (Dennis in The Rockford Files) in other roles, too.

I'm going to seek out some more films by this director (Abel Ferrara).
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pooh's Heffalump Movie [2005]. Director: Frank Nissen

6/10

Back to the Hundred Acre Wood. Mama heffalump is voiced by Brenda Blethyn.

Struck by Lightning [2012]. Director: Brian Danelly

5/10

Yet another American high school misfit movie. Please stop making them.
  • mark6226mark6226 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    We went to see Paddington in Newcastle this week and thoroughly enjoyed in it. But once again the picture quality was awful. Very low res. A couple of weeks ago I saw my first movie in a "digital " cinema. First time I had been since 94. I had expected hi res screens with bluray quality pictures and instead it looks like a remnant from the dark days of VHS.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agents Secrets - 8/10
  • NephelerNepheler Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mark6226 wrote: »
    We went to see Paddington in Newcastle this week and thoroughly enjoyed in it. But once again the picture quality was awful. Very low res. A couple of weeks ago I saw my first movie in a "digital " cinema. First time I had been since 94. I had expected hi res screens with bluray quality pictures and instead it looks like a remnant from the dark days of VHS.

I went to see The Imitation Game at my local single screen cinema a few weeks ago. I hadn't been to the cinema since 2012. I was surprised at how poor the picture quality was, especially since they'd updated the technology there a couple of years ago. Didn't enjoy the film much, either. I wouldn't go back there again. I'm sticking to watching films at home from now on.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,165
    Forum Member
    Shanghai Express (1932) - 7/10
  • gtfc1984gtfc1984 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Scarface (1983) 10/10 - Sky Movies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Constant Gardener - Decent acting, but a pretty dull affair. Not something I'll watch again.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Imitation Game - 6/10

Cumberbatch acts his socks off in a not very good film.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forest Of The Hanged (Padurea spanzuratilor) (1965) 9/10
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Equaliser - 7/10
    Before I Go To Sleep - 7/10
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Room - Erm... interesting film. The right thing would be to bash this with a 0/10 rating but it's just so bad it's good, helped by the impenetrable 'performance' by Tommy Wiseau.

5/10
  • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Babadook - 7.5/10

Builds suspense nicely without relying on jump scares and gore. Very good.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Begin Again (2014) 7/10
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wild Card with Jason Statham - don't waste your time, seriously, give this one a miss. Was after an action film, got something with about 5mins of fighting and 17 hours (ish) of him playing cards.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Transcendence - 6/10
This discussion has been closed.