Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    A member of apparent good standing on GB has said he has it on good authority that he knows the title of the Anniversary Special is (make of it what you will)...
    "Doctor Who?" This wouldn't surprise me, as it keeps things vague so as to not give anything much away, is quite a poignant title, and is relevant to the story as we know it so far :)

Also, the opening episode of Series 7B seems to have been met with much praise. Den of Geek really seemed to like it, though nobody is allowed to say very much about it until next Monday :)
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A member of apparent good standing on GB has said he has it on good authority that he knows the title of the Anniversary Special is (make of it what you will)...
    "Doctor Who?" This wouldn't surprise me, as it keeps things vague so as to not give anything much away, is quite a poignant title, and is relevant to the story as we know it so far :)

Also, the opening episode of Series 7B seems to have been met with much praise. Den of Geek really seemed to like it, though nobody is allowed to say very much about it until next Monday :)
    Because no-one could just guess that title? Besides wouldn't it end if it was that, and S8 was confirmed recently?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    It seems GQ posted their article early, realised their mistake then promptly took it down - http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2013-03/15/doctor-who-matt-smith-new-series-premiere

CURSES.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes:Dr who in "family guy" twice , really funny jokeeeee was in faamilyy guy aabout pot smokers liking dr who, also it was in blue harvest that tom baaker openingg creditssss was ssshown ,i dont condone pot , itt was the joke i ddid like
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Because no-one could just guess that title? Besides wouldn't it end if it was that, and S8 was confirmed recently?
    Obvious as it seems, I really don't doubt it as a possibility at least. The title doesn't mean we learn his name or anything, it could easily be a plot point that the Doctor has forgotten who he is, or something? We've had multiple episodes end with the question being 'Doctor Who' now after all. :)
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems GQ posted their article early, realised their mistake then promptly took it down - CURSES.

DONT CLICK ON LINK, IT WILL MAKE YOUR BROWSWER FREEZE

Sceptilianus, it might be best to remove the link
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    It seems GQ posted their article early, realised their mistake then promptly took it down - http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2013-03/15/doctor-who-matt-smith-new-series-premiere

CURSES.

Not a problem...

Google Cache provides:
    What we learnt at today’s Doctor Who premiere of The Bells Of St John

Tweet
    By Alex Rees 15 March 13

BBC
    After he survived a close encounter with Guillermo Del Toro-esque sociopathic snowmen over the festive period, GQ were delighted to receive an invitation from everyone's best-dressed Time Lord. This morning the BBC screened The Bells of St. John, the first episode of Doctor Who's new series, debuting at the end of this month. The show's executive producer Steven Moffatt describes the premiere as "a proper London thriller; as close to James Bond as the Doctor - who's mad - can get." Other details of the episode remain under embargo but, as the BBC's own website teases, the plot of the new episode concerns "something sinister lurking in the Wi-Fi" (and no, it's not just those mortifying Facebook pictures). In a quick Q&A following the episode, Moffatt as well as the show's leads Matt Smith and new assistant Jenna-Louise Coleman kept things coy - but here are five key points:

1. Having seen Coleman's character Clara pop up (and die) twice already, third time is the charm: "This is take three, and this is the Clara we'll be with and get to know over this series' eight episodes," explained Coleman. "That is," Moffatt chimed in, "unless we decide to kill her again."

2. Clara also has a profound effect on the Dr himself. Smith noted her presence "reignites the Doctor's curiosity in the Universe. Clara gives him a new sense of life."

3. Their adventures this season will include submarines, Ice Warriors and a trip to the heart of the Tardis. There'll be scripts written by Neil Gaiman and Mark Gatiss, among others, and guest stars including Diana Rigg, "playing an old bag brilliantly… with charm and sexiness and grace," said Smith. There'll also be a new "classic monster" designed by Moffatt, according to Coleman.

4. On balancing old monsters with the new, Moffatt explained, "We don't need to go into the back catalogue so much anymore. We've now fused the new show with the old. I resisted the Ice Warriors' return, for example - they're slow and you can't hear what they're saying. So [this series] sees a super version of the original. They're in a familiar form but with one big surprise at least."

5. The show's upcoming 50th anniversary special, in 3D, sounds astonishing. Says Smith, "It pays homage to everything and looks forward at the same time. It does exactly what it says on the tin."

"The Bells of St John" premieres on BBC1 on 30 March

Nothing said about the episode, really. Not sure why removed... :confused:
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Paintings" says Matt Smith.

So I'm guessing the Doctor goes to Hogwarts and talks to a bunch of living Paintings of his former incarnations.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posters for the first four episodes from the Radio Times:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-18/new-doctor-who-episode-posters---first-look#.UURDQBNNocU.twitter

Presumably these include the final episode titles?

Look really good, anyway. :)

*scuttles away to avoid any real spoilers*
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    "Hide", eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Hide", eh?

They must be confident in it to evoke "Blink" in the title.

Have to say I'm looking forward to all of these episodes conceptually - hope they deliver!

Also, looks like Akhaten is a saturn-esque planet - thus the "rings"
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 7 isn't being promoted at all, this is rubbish!

;)

From GB - Prequel Incoming
    Freeview guide listing a prequel to the new series from next Saturday from 17.15 (23rd March) on BBC Red Button - Ch 301 on Freeview -

'The Doctor takes a break on Earth, despondent that he can't find Clara'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

;)

Two weeks late is better than never I suppose.
  • Options
    C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

Stop being an impaitent greedy chops, we're getting the promotion hard and heavy now. I said this in the comic relief thread but DW is not the center of the BBC's universe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh* I am starting to get nostalgic for the days of that chap tvstudies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 was being a bit funny/ironic by saying that:p

Because some people really will have those views. ( We are all expecting some big trailer stuff to come though, so if it doesn't eventually appear then maybe they have a point).

But this is a DW forum, so when a BBC celebration ( FOR charity) is on, then why shouldn't we here, on the DW forum be talking about the DW content, of said BBC celebration, and hoping to see as much DW as possible. It's only reasonable. I'm sure Eastenders fans like to see Eastenders stuff on there etc. My wife liked the Call the Midwife stuff.

It is supposed to be ( one of) the BBCs so called flag-ship shows, that they do make money off all around the world, so it is not unreasonable to expect a bit of celebration to go on for the fans of it. In a celebration year.

At the same time though, some people are going a bit over the top. Lets just watch and see the programme before we judge what it has been like. I can already picture some people seeing the posters and saying " cold war is going to be my favourite episode, but I don't like Hide because it tries too much to be like Blink"

I wish there were more stuff happening for year 50 of the show/ maybe there is stuff we don't know about yet- who knows. But I will be very happy all the same if the quality is so good. The quantity wont matter so much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    Stop being an impaitent greedy chops, we're getting the promotion hard and heavy now. I said this in the comic relief thread but DW is not the center of the BBC's universe

I'm pretty sure the ;) was to indicate sarcasm.

;)

EDIT: ^^^^ Ahh, beat me!
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't let me see them :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »

i think they might have posted it earlier than they were supposed to, i am only came across it because i clicked on a link for an unrelated story and the link took me to that instead...;)

I've already saved the posters though :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish there were more stuff happening for year 50 of the show/ maybe there is stuff we don't know about yet- who knows. But I will be very happy all the same if the quality is so good. The quantity wont matter so much.

I suppose the 50th will be like Christmas. You're either one of those people who only celebrates once the shops start advertising it in the streets or on TV, or one of those who put up their decorations in July, after only having taken them down two months previously.

Or you're one of those perhaps lucky people who aren't fans of Christmas (by religion or otherwise) and don't celebrate it at all, and are expert channel-hoppers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a bit like the Emperors new clothes. Only those who have the right privileged genes can see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose the 50th will be like Christmas. You're either one of those people who only celebrates once the shops start advertising it in the streets or on TV, or one of those who put up their decorations in July, after only having taken them down two months previously.

Or you're one of those perhaps lucky people who aren't fans of Christmas (by religion or otherwise) and don't celebrate it at all, and are expert channel-hoppers!

I wish the gvmnt would make an island 'Christmas- free' and those of us who want to escape for a month could go there on holiday in December. ( somewhere warm).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you can see then here:

https://twitter.com/Muttley76

(top 4 tweets)
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. The Hide one looks brilliant but isn't that episode called The Hider In The House?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. The Hide one looks brilliant but isn't that episode called The Hider In The House?

It was, but it's possible it's been changed.
This discussion has been closed.