Options

Who'd prefer Sally Sparrow as companion?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    nyingynyingy Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoonix wrote: »
    Don't take it too much to heart. You can't help having a Sally Sparrow crush and a sticky keyboard.

Perhaps if you started monitoring your own posts thoughtfully with due care and attention towards others? If you're about to post something you think the older grumpier more miserable FM's may get a whiff of "pointless repetitive spam" over, then do think carefully, as they'll quite rightly criticise you for it. And in all honesty, the blame for this occurrence would be all your own.

But like I say, don't be too offended - I've been there with a crush on Daphne out of "Scooby Doo" - took the wise words of a few grumpy FM's to make me see the error of my ways - Ariel from "Little Mermaid" is much hotter! And smells of fish naturally! So just take on board what's being said, clean your keyboard, and perhaps consider a subtler approach to declaring your love for a fictional character.

I have to say I've found the thread on potential Sparrow spin-offs has made me smile quite a bit: A Sparrow Amongst the Pigeons, ha!

nyingy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Yoonix wrote: »
    Don't take it too much to heart. You can't help having a Sally Sparrow crush and a sticky keyboard.

Perhaps if you started monitoring your own posts thoughtfully with due care and attention towards others? If you're about to post something you think the older grumpier more miserable FM's may get a whiff of "pointless repetitive spam" over, then do think carefully, as they'll quite rightly criticise you for it. And in all honesty, the blame for this occurrence would be all your own.

But like I say, don't be too offended - I've been there with a crush on Daphne out of "Scooby Doo" - took the wise words of a few grumpy FM's to make me see the error of my ways - Ariel from "Little Mermaid" is much hotter! And smells of fish naturally! So just take on board what's being said, clean your keyboard, and perhaps consider a subtler approach to declaring your love for a fictional character.

And i thought i was the only one with childhood feelings for Daphne :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    The Run Away Bride was set up as a trial run for her character. They had every intention of bringing her back but CT couldn't committ to it for series 3, hence Martha being created. So RTD always intended to have her back, where as no such decision was made about Sally Sparrow.

Oh right. So are you a producer or writer on Doctor Who?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    I wish people would get over sally sparrow, yes she was good in blink but she is not going to be the next assistant if it will be anyone it will be georgia moffett - it would make more sense than sally sparrow!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen "The Doctor's Daughter"? On what do you base this; what she looks like, her performance in a 30 second trailer or something else?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    Smerph wrote: »
    Have you seen "The Doctor's Daughter"? On what do you base this; what she looks like, her performance in a 30 second trailer or something else?

It has nothing to do with her acting ability or the way she looks. If she is the doctors daughter it is highly unlikly he would just forget all about her (unless she dies), i was saying it would make more sense if she was the companion over sally sparrow not that i wanted her to be the next companion.

And no i haven't seen the doctors daughter, but i have read on another thread here that the dr who producers were very impressed with the way she acted, and it also says on the talktube page its possible she will be announced as the next companion.