Spotify Mobile Free

18days18days Posts: 674
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know when this service will go live. I cannot find it anywhere.

Comments

• JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's already live. It just works :)
  • 18days18days Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it all started to work for me a few hours after the announcement or a few hours after my post. I'm actually quite impressed with it. I have listened to quite a few songs that i would never have played if it wasn't for the shuffle mode.
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kmusgrave wrote: »
    It's already live. It just works :)

It's not live on Roku 1 Channel; still reports Premium subscription needed.
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKW wrote: »
    It's not live on Roku 1 Channel; still reports Premium subscription needed.

Same here on NowTV box, guess they don't count these as mobile devices.
  • 18days18days Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they were opening it up across all platforms.
    Although I've just noticed the name of the thread & I titled that myself lol.

Edit
    From their website.

"Spotify is now free on mobile, tablet and computer. Listen to the right music, wherever you are. Get Spotify for free."
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great that we can now listen on our phones without the need for a subscription, one issue I do have though. It seems you can only to skip tracks a certain number of times before the option just vanishes, (it does re-appear the next day). Apart from that, it's super.
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    It's great that we can now listen on our phones without the need for a subscription, one issue I do have though. It seems you can only to skip tracks a certain number of times before the option just vanishes, (it does re-appear the next day). Apart from that, it's super.

That's a typical trend on most online players, Aupeo for example, if you want all the functions and no adds you have to pay for the full version.