why wasnt westlifes-when youre looking like that released?

2»

Comments

• Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    The video is a LIE! :eek: It was all done for the cameras...the TOWIE of its time, ha ha!

On a similar note, whenever Westlife's song with Diana Ross was on TV, my mum would comment that it looked like Diana's image was added in to the video.

It was, and it was awful. Terrible, terrible choice of song, terrible 'duet', I can't think of anything good about it...and I like to see the positives in Westlife. :D

I wasn't a fan of Against All Odds either, but I know they were hugely excited about working with Mariah Carey at the time, Mark Feehily especially apparently, and they met up with her to do the recording at least.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was actually the one and only song of theirs I really liked. I actually brought the album just to get this song!
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really cant believe it... because i remembered reading a ceartain part in westlfe "our story" the book...

that they've met with mariah, and mark was such in awe seeing his idol...

so i guess they really recorded the song? or maybe just met??
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    i really cant believe it... because i remembered reading a ceartain part in westlfe "our story" the book...

that they've met with mariah, and mark was such in awe seeing his idol...

so i guess they really recorded the song? or maybe just met??

I had a Westlife 'webpage' back in the old days... (I say 'webpage', it was a Word document, playing with hyperlinks and backgrounds, it was never online, I was maybe 14. :o) and it had a 'quotes' page on it (I know, I am cool...), and one of the quotes from Kian says: "When we first met Mariah at the American Music Awards we were all stunned. Then we met up again to do the recording. She came down the stairs and suddenly the whole place went totally silent. We didn’t know what to say!’"

So assuming it's a true quote and not made up, they did meet up for the recording. Whether they recorded their vocals together or separately who knows!
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    I had a Westlife 'webpage' back in the old days... (I say 'webpage', it was a Word document, playing with hyperlinks and backgrounds, it was never online, I was maybe 14. :o) and it had a 'quotes' page on it (I know, I am cool...), and one of the quotes from Kian says: "When we first met Mariah at the American Music Awards we were all stunned. Then we met up again to do the recording. She came down the stairs and suddenly the whole place went totally silent. We didn’t know what to say!’"

So assuming it's a true quote and not made up, they did meet up for the recording. Whether they recorded their vocals together or separately who knows!

i can totally assume that they recorded together... :)

based on what you've read and what i have,
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just going by that ever-reliable source Wikipedia's assertion that Mariah did not re-record her vocals for the duet. OK, ignoring the fact that the two tracks have different instrumentals, let's find out!

Mariah's solo version
    Westlife duet