Do actors log in to Digital Spy?!

marios mummarios mum Posts: 806
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't often post - I like to read others' comments and find it interesting when we're all thinking the same thing - a prime example at the moment are the comments about Julie Walters' accent in National Treasure. If I were an actor in a drama such as this I think I'd be curious to know what the viewers were saying. I'd also be interested now to hear what Julie Walters has to say re her accent - we are the viewing public and I sometimes think we should get a response. So do you think actors do log in to see what is being said about them and their performance?

I must say I don't watch daytime TV when I think a lot of 'celeb' interviews take place so she may have commented on it.

Comments

• gasheadgashead Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter how much they deny it, I suspect all actors like to keep abreast of the reviews of their work one way or another. I seriously doubt, though, that that extends to logging into forum sites - of which DS is just one of many, and probably not the most well known - to see how the GBP perceives them. How would they ever find the time to work? :D In any case, should they be concerned enough to want to know, Twitter is far more immediate and easier to keep an eye on, and many celebs employ Media Managers or something to manage their on-line 'image' for them.

In Julie Walters case, she's been around long enough and received so many awards and nominations to hopefully be confident enough in her abilities as an actor - accents included - not to worry what a bunch of armchair critics think.
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    - of which DS is just one of many, and probably not the most well known - to see how the GBP perceives them.

Which other forums are more well known and popular?
  • Gerry MandarinGerry Mandarin Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me luvvy, I am a thespian trapped in a man's body and not afraid to admit it darling.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    Which other forums are more well known and popular?
    Well, I've no idea how they rank in a Top 10 Most Popular, but you've got Reddit, IGN, 4Chan, AVForums, is Channel 4 Community still going?, Quora, to name but a few others with a massive user-base.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    We all know that actors Google themselves, so they will likely end up here, eventually.

Of course they don't really need to sign up in order to read these forums.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they all read the reviews, but they don't give a shit about us pondlife viewers :p

who the hell does Pitman think he is, he's never been to drama school ? :p
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They might use social media in general but DS in particular? Doubt it. They'd be suicidal if they read some of the comments about them on here! :D
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actors like movies/tv too.

Even ones we're not in.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    of course they do. Actors are out of work all the time and like the sound of their own voice. What better place than DS
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Some definitely do. Some have gone so far as to sound off on social media about DS forum members, the actor who played Andy Sugden in Emmerdale being a case in point.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    They might use social media in general but DS in particular? Doubt it. They'd be suicidal if they read some of the comments about them on here! :D

If you honestly think that, please stay away from Twitter... you'll be scarred for life.
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    An Emmerdale actor used to post in the soap forum and I'm pretty sure a CS "actor' used to as well.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    If you honestly think that, please stay away from Twitter... you'll be scarred for life.

Trust me I do stay well away from Twitter. ;-)
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Miles (Jimmy in Emmerdale) used to be a regular poster and often gave great insight to what goes on during filming. The only other one that coems to mind who I have spoken to a lot on here is Julia Sawalha who posted almost daily when Lark Rise To Candleford was on.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan sugar posts here
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    There are people on here who are definitely acting.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do we know that this isn't the place where all actors hang out?
    After all wouldn't they use usernames as well?
    If you're not an actor then maybe you're one of the odd ones out who just stumbled onto the forum completely oblivious to it.
  • Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Some definitely do. Some have gone so far as to sound off on social media about DS forum members, the actor who played Andy Sugden in Emmerdale being a case in point.

He probably ought to decide if he is an actor or a BTCC driver!