Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    I would say one handball you might just get away with but when it happens twice then I doubt a referee worth his salt could turn that down.

:D:D:D

Cmon crofty, you're not going to hook me with such poor bait.
    Its an establishment conspiracy ...

Or maybe just a referee who is unable to referee fairly due to the team he supports? Or maybe just a whistle happy referee who awards lots of penalties in all the matches he referees.
  • ArcticJayHArcticJayH Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    So you therefore know that Lennon never said that the current Celtic side would win the Champions League then?

Kind of makes your other post look rather stupid.

Care to elaborate why you think my post is rather stupid ?

Because i got one word wrong ?

Are you mad because Celtic lost today?, Did my post hit a nerve ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    True, still can't understand why Vernon plays wide right.

Touché :p

Seriously though, that's two offside goals and a harsh penalty decision in the two semis. Hibs are the only team out of the four who didn't directly lose a goal due to a dodgy decision.
  • ArcticJayHArcticJayH Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical Celtic fans eh ?

Always looking for an excuse and can't accept defeat :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArcticJayH wrote: »
    Care to elaborate why you think my post is rather stupid ?

You said that you were laughing uncontrollably because Celtic were beaten by Hearts today and that Neil Lennon had claimed that the current Celtic side could win the Champions League.

When it was pointed out to you that Neil Lennon never said that the current Celtic side could win the Champions League you said that you already knew that.

That is why your original post looks a bit stupid.
    Are you mad because Celtic lost today?

Of course I'm disappointed that Celtic lost today but we have no right to win everything.

Some you win, some you lose.
    Did my post hit a nerve ?

How could your post hit a nerve when it was completely baseless? :confused::confused:
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil Lennon (and some Celtic fans) need to get a grip!
    We didn't lose today because of "personal" refereeing decisions or conspiracies. We lost because we couldn't muster a decent attempt in the entire first half, we played Hooper in some sort of no-mans land position, Ki failed to score with two point blank headers and (last 10 minutes apart) Hearts looked much more likely to score in the 2nd half.
    The penalty that shouldn't have been given was offset by Hoopers offside goal.
    Lennon has to realise that sometimes you have to give the opposition credit. I honestly believe that his time may be up if he continues with this "It's not our fault!" nonsense.
    We lost two big games at Hampden because he got the selection wrong and the team didn't play anywhere near their best.
    Kilmarnock and Hearts both deserved their wins.

PS to Hearts fans: There will still be green and white ribbons on the Cup at the end of the day!
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Or maybe just a referee who is unable to referee fairly due to the team he supports? Or maybe just a whistle happy referee who awards lots of penalties in all the matches he referees.

http://i44.tinypic.com/33lkq5k.gif

The reason the penalty was given should be pretty clear in the above Gif ...

Did "Big Vic" play any basketball before he joined your mob??;)
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When all said and done, we are still SPL Champions for 2011-12
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://i44.tinypic.com/33lkq5k.gif

The reason the penalty was given should be pretty clear in the above Gif ...

Should it?

There is no deliberate handball there.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Lennon always have to throw his toys out the pram though? Funny as it is. He is a bad tempered, deluded, narcissist, and any of the non old firm SPL managers could have done a better job at Celtic than he has this year.

That is all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how the promotion and relegation places for the Scottish First and Second divisions are decided. My interest is in Dumbarton who I follow for family reasons though I hardly ever get to watch them.

At the moment Cowdenbeath are top of the Second division, do they get automatic promotion or do they play off with the team second from bottom in the First division ( Ayr). Dumbarton are third in the Second division, do they play off with clubs in second and fourth places as well as the club at the bottom of the First division ( Queen of the South)

Thanks for any help , it just looks a bit confusing to me !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C4 News' Alex Thomson will be on Radio Clyde tonight from 7 in which he will tackle those journos who aren't happy with him head on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a more vile person than Neil Lennon in football ?
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Only the third one in 4 weeks, that has went against us, & they wonder why us lot are paranoid ?

League Cup Final - Stokes dived, referee rightly didnt give a penalty

Yesterday - Celtic score an offside goal which is allowed to stand wrong decision, Hearts get a penalty for not one but two handballs in the box correct decision, Webster initially I thought it was a handball but appears he got his hand out of the way no penalty correct decision. Ian Black should have been sent off so ref got that decision wrong. Overall though he did a good job.
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the promotion and relegation places for the Scottish First and Second divisions are decided. My interest is in Dumbarton who I follow for family reasons though I hardly ever get to watch them.

At the moment Cowdenbeath are top of the Second division, do they get automatic promotion or do they play off with the team second from bottom in the First division ( Ayr). Dumbarton are third in the Second division, do they play off with clubs in second and fourth places as well as the club at the bottom of the First division ( Queen of the South)

Thanks for any help , it just looks a bit confusing to me !

Champions get automatic promotion - So Cowdenbeath if they win the league will come up, Alloa won the 3rd division so have already been promoted.

Bottom clubs are relegated - Queen of the South will go down if they finish bottom of the 1st division,

Playoffs - 2nd place plays 4th place, 2nd bottom of division above plays 3rd place I think. over two legs then the two winners play each other.
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    harveybest wrote: »

Oh for Gods sake.
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Champions get automatic promotion - So Cowdenbeath if they win the league will come up, Alloa won the 3rd division so have already been promoted.

Bottom clubs are relegated - Queen of the South will go down if they finish bottom of the 1st division,

Playoffs - 2nd place plays 4th place, 2nd bottom of division above plays 3rd place I think. over two legs then the two winners play each other.

Many thanks for that
    Forum Member
    Many thanks for that

would like Dumbarton to come up as its only a trip across the water for me,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lee Hughes?

Oh no wait, he only killed someone. :rolleyes:
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm a Rangers fan and I have absolutely nothing against Celtic.

That is except Neil Lennon. I think he is an absolutely odious little man. I really liked and respected the likes of O'Neil and Strachan but Lennon on the other hand is a total embarassment to the club and I fail to see how some fans can continue to support him
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    would like Dumbarton to come up as its only a trip across the water for me,

Ah, yes , those old Clyde paddle steamers ( I imagine they have more modern boats now) I assume you are a Morton fan. My great granddad was the Chairman of the Rock, and my uncle and cousin played for them. I used to watch Dumbarton at the old Boghead, and now I visit the area every couple of years or so and sometimes take in a game , though sometimes an away match. I always look for the Rock's result first thouigh before Rangers and Celtic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    33lkq5k.gif

Above clearly shows that the refs decision was in fact the correct one.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    DaddyKev wrote: »
    33lkq5k.gif

Above clearly shows that the refs decision was in fact the correct one.

Quite the opposite I would have said
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Clearly shows the Second Celtic player moved his hand towards the ball hence the penalty was awarded and the correct decision at that.
    Forum Member
    Ah, yes , those old Clyde paddle steamers ( I imagine they have more modern boats now) I assume you are a Morton fan. My great granddad was the Chairman of the Rock, and my uncle and cousin played for them. I used to watch Dumbarton at the old Boghead, and now I visit the area every couple of years or so and sometimes take in a game , though sometimes an away match. I always look for the Rock's result first thouigh before Rangers and Celtic!

yeah Morton fan, prefered Boghead to the Strathclyde homes stadium even if it wasnt in great shape:D

this is the first time in a few season's that we didnt draw Dumbarton in any of the cups, seemed to be a permanent fixture in the Challenge Cup
This discussion has been closed.