Options

if you had the 50th trailer would you show it now?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Truculent and whatever else I might be (and I am!)I don't actually take this stuff all that seriously. Doctor Who I do but the forum? Its sometimes jolly good fun and amusing. That said if I'm debating something I always think its best to throw yourself into it properly otherwise what's the point hence my posts might seem a bit 'serious face' on occasion but its all good fun. I also alas do temper my personality on here as I learned very swiftly within two months of joining that my knockabout and sometimes sarcastic way of communicating doesn't translate well to this forum and resulted in two quick bans which I wouldn't want to happen again. I must say I find it depressing indeed that this forum and indeed subsection of the forums has quite a few 'alert' happy members which just curtails feisty full blooded discussion. In that I agree with Granny.

As for Sebbie I have no malice or ill will towards him. I don't recall crossing swords before. I respect his differing views. What I will not respect is that tactic of insinuating I am ignorant which is insulting indeed and clearly I'm not alone In thinking it was. Declare an impasse! Agree to disagree! Place me on ignore! But do not insult my intelligence by saying the answers are there but I'm too thick to see them. Its lazy and rude. And sounds like the people who shout down any lone questioning some of Moffats plot resolutions with the battle cry 'You just don't understand it'.

I apologise for insinuating you are thick. My intention to insinuate you didn't read it properly, but I think I went overboard. I don't recall ever having any crossed series with you either, so please don't take this as such. For the record, I thought I had explained adequately, and didn't want to have to again... I tend to have discussions and I disagree with people and agree with people all the time on here. As for talking down to people all the time, that, I feel, is being sensitive. I tend to write as I would speak, so anything written on this forum I would gladly say to anyone. But anyone is entitled to feel however they want to about my posts.

And here I will leave this matter.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Just out of interest, Lii, did you post in Tingramretro days?

I was, and his presence on the forum seemed to drag every thread down.

After long enough of his continued trolling, each thread became "oooh, I wonder how ting is going to react to THIS!" and then after he posted, instead of talking about the topic in hand it became "debate exactly how wrong he is on this topic" from then on...

Some people think they're bigger than the forum, and when the entire forum became the Ting show it seemed to lose a lot of its lustre for me.
    No doubt his knowledge of classic who was second to none, and no doubt he's made a mark in that we still speak of the "ting era" to this day

But when people become that belligerent and one note you have to wonder if they're milking it in the air of self parody or there is something else a lot more serious going on offline that affects their online persona.

We're all Doctor Who fans, we're all supposed to be FOR Doctor who, not against it.
    We don't always act like that though :p
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was, and his presence on the forum seemed to drag every thread down.

After long enough of his continued trolling, each thread became "oooh, I wonder how ting is going to react to THIS!" and then after he posted, instead of talking about the topic in hand it became "debate exactly how wrong he is on this topic" from then on...

Some people think they're bigger than the forum, and when the entire forum became the Ting show it seemed to lose a lot of its lustre for me.
    No doubt his knowledge of classic who was second to none, and no doubt he's made a mark in that we still speak of the "ting era" to this day

But when people become that belligerent and one note you have to wonder if they're milking it in the air of self parody or there is something else a lot more serious going on offline that affects their online persona.

We're all Doctor Who fans, we're all supposed to be FOR Doctor who, not against it.
    We don't always act like that though :p

Well, I liked Ting's posts. I think it's good to have a few eccentrics around, it prevents tedium,

But he's long gone, so it hardly matters.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I liked Ting's posts. I think it's good to have a few eccentrics around, it prevents tedium,

But he's long gone, so it hardly matters.

I think the fact Ting still gets mentioned on this forum means he at least had an impact even if I disagreed with the vast majority of his views, though having a Classic Who chat with him was always a different matter entirely. Do miss the arguments myself and Crazzy used to have with him though! :D

And just commenting on the main topic, I don't see why the BBC would need to start showing the trailer for the 50th now. You'd still have to wait until November 23rd to see it and by then, nearly two months of trailers would imo be overkill and drive me nuts by the time 23rd November gets here.

:)
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »

Where was that shown?

(Looks excellent :))
  • Options
    thorterrthorterr Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    thanks alien_who
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a trailer! In a matter of weeks the episode would have aired! Just wait till then.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I don't think there's anything wrong with starving us from seeing anything until the last moment possible - think of all the threads etc we've had and when we get a picture etc we are all over it, it's actually quite clever marketing, by doing nothing, it makes us want it more
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    It's just a trailer! In a matter of weeks the episode would have aired! Just wait till then.

Referring to a special celebrating 50 years of the worlds longest running sci-fi series as just an "episode" may be the very worst thing anyone has said on the matter!

Please imagine Colin Baker shouting "AN EPISODE!" at you in his best outraged and indignant voice until you feel suitably admonished.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was that shown?

(Looks excellent :))

Not sure granny.. I found the link on facebook and just assumed it was already circulated on here and was old news
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    Referring to a special celebrating 50 years of the worlds longest running sci-fi series as just an "episode" may be the very worst thing anyone has said on the matter!

Please imagine Colin Baker shouting "AN EPISODE!" at you in his best outraged and indignant voice until you feel suitably admonished.

In the nicest way possible get a life!:o

It is just a episode it's not actually the end of the world. I really don't think what I just said has been the worst said on the matter! Now that is just the cringiest thing someone has said on the matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is just a episode it's not actually the end of the world. I really don't think what I just said has been the worst said on the matter! Now that is just the cringiest thing someone has said on the matter.

Well, as it's here, we'll let you off lightly. Don't go around saying things like that on Gallifrey Base though, you may not come out in one piece.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure granny.. I found the link on facebook and just assumed it was already circulated on here and was old news

Well, I haven't seen it before, and unlike others on here, I like trailers and such - the more the merrier, so thanks for posting. :)

Oh, dear, another sense of humour bypass. This is what I meant earlier by people taking things too seriously and being too quick to take offence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That one was from ComicCon. Someone took the request to not leak the 50th anniversary trailer very literally and leaked that one instead!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, dear, another sense of humour bypass. This is what I meant earlier by people taking things too seriously and being too quick to take offence.

It must have been the Colin Baker reference, Some people never did understand the subtly of his performance. If only they'd given him a costume that made him stand out more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That one was from ComicCon. Someone took the request to not leak the 50th anniversary trailer very literally and leaked that one instead!

Good on 'em!:D

I hadn't realised there were TWO trailers we weren't getting! I am now doubly outraged!!!:mad::mad:
    It must have been the Colin Baker reference, Some people never did understand the subtly of his performance. If only they'd given him a costume that made him stand out more.

:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all, yeah I used to post on here loads when Ting was around and the constant petulant bickering made it less fun so I had a rest but had to come back again, we're nearly at the big 50... If I had the trailer I'd just tease you all with it :D
    It took me a little while to realise that was filmed on a mobile there. I must be getting senile myself. Thanks Allen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a shame ting isn't allowed special dispensation from his ban just for the 50th... I remember him once writing some dialogue for the first three doctors in there style... it was pure class.. anyway ya welcome for the link. I honestly thought it was more widespread
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How would an October 19th release date for the trailer sound to people on here? I.e. just over a month before the episode airs.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would an October 19th release date for the trailer sound to people on here?

A bit premature :D
  • Options
    thorterrthorterr Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    A bit late,anyway im glad ive seen the trailer to adventure time and space x
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How would an October 19th release date for the trailer sound to people on here? I.e. just over a month before the episode airs.

Sounds reasonable than any date speculated between July and September. But, we'll see....