Luther, BBC1

Comments

• mrs brownmrs brown Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Idris Elba has revealed that plans are afoot for Luther to return to television.

Great news I love Luther and I am sure Idris loves it too.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic that Alice would be back too! Love her.
  • AnthonyCAnthonyC Posts: 2,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best. News. Ever. !!! Hope its true. Any sources?
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news!

Luther is coming back next year for a brand new miniseries! Yes!!!

Filming starts in March next year and i imagine it'll be on screens by late Autumn.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s219/luther/news/a611252/idris-elba-returning-to-luther-for-2015-miniseries.html#~oW6pPqHXGHLsCv
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Great news!

Luther is coming back next year for a brand new miniseries! Yes!!!

Filming starts in March next year and i imagine it'll be on screens by late Autumn.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s219/luther/news/a611252/idris-elba-returning-to-luther-for-2015-miniseries.html#~oW6pPqHXGHLsCv
    :D:D:D:D
  • digipersondigiperson Posts: 4,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I literally just finished watching Luther today, and now I see this, great stuff!

Excellent series, good crime drama, will have The Fall 2 and Broadchurch 2 to fill the void in the meantime! :D
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    What wonderful news to wake up to! John Luther is back...yay!😍

If only it was a maxi series not a mini one!😜
  • laurence1870laurence1870 Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Good news but what happened to the movie idea? About a year ago now Idris pretty much confirmed it was all in the works but can't see it happening now.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    It is great news, but what's the deal with this US remake, without Idris?

Can't be done, surely?
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More information has come out. It will be a two-part special, so basically two 60min episodes.

Oh well, it's better than nothing.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Luther is also getting a Russian remake it seems. :D
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never saw this at the time but recently watched all 3 series and I enjoyed it, despite the sometimes slightly preposterous plot developments.

Series 1 started off slowly but by the last two episodes it was racing.

Series 2 kept up the pace

The first half of series 3 met expectations but I thought it dropped off a bit at the end.

Still, it was the best mini series I have watched for some time!
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeus wrote: »
    I never saw this at the time but recently watched all 3 series and I enjoyed it, despite the sometimes slightly preposterous plot developments.

Series 1 started off slowly but by the last two episodes it was racing.

Series 2 kept up the pace

The first half of series 3 met expectations but I thought it dropped off a bit at the end.

Still, it was the best mini series I have watched for some time!

I went to Brazil in the summer and met some Americans that were over there at the time. They asked me what I thought of Luther as the show is now massive over there now.I have got series three on DVD but I have not had the chance to watch it yet.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Returns Tuesday 15th December at 9pm.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot wait.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Returns Tuesday 15th December at 9pm.

I believe it’s 2 X 1 hour episodes – does anyone know if it’ll air Tues 15th Dec and Weds 16th Dec, or Tues 15th Dec and Tues 22nd Dec?

As The Apprentice will still be on I suspect it’ll air over 2 weeks, but BBC America will be showing both episodes (in a 3 hour slot, with adverts) on Thurs 17th Dec, which would mean they get to see it before us!
    Unless we get it in a Tues and Thurs slot in the same week...
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I believe it’s 2 X 1 hour episodes – does anyone know if it’ll air Tues 15th Dec and Weds 16th Dec, or Tues 15th Dec and Tues 22nd Dec?

As The Apprentice will still be on I suspect it’ll air over 2 weeks, but BBC America will be showing both episodes (in a 3 hour slot, with adverts) on Thurs 17th Dec, which would mean they get to see it before us!
    Unless we get it in a Tues and Thurs slot in the same week...

They are not showing 2 episodes over the same week. The TV schedules only show programmes until 18th December so it looks like the 2nd episode will be 22nd December.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are not showing 2 episodes over the same week. The TV schedules only show programmes until 18th December so it looks like the 2nd episode will be 22nd December.

Thanks. Looks like the US are getting it before us then (well, all of it before us anyway).
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,791
    Forum Member
    It needed to come back, they had to sort out at least what would happen to Luther after it looked like he could get stiched up yet again for the muder of Warren Brown's character.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,791
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    watched all 3 seasons in the last 3 weeks, it was fun reading this thread after every episode

so much ciriticism during season 1 but then it all went silent lol

i enjoyed it,all 3 seasons were good, standout moments for me were the taxi killer, pig mask killer and that petrol station scene,oh and ripleys goodbye.

any news on film or s4?

I thought the first series was the best with only one slightly dodgy episode, might have been the second one where Luther is begging some kid to give himself up or something. That was a bit cringey I thought but apart from that it was good, hence why it got another series.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching this on Netflix. The shows on there are only 51 minutes long or so. Was it not shown in a 60 minute slot on BBC? Did they have to cut scenes out or something?
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said in a thread not so long ago about a BBC three-part "series" that it wouldn't be long before the Beeb had the nerve to call a two-parter a "series" and here we are....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Been watching this on Netflix. The shows on there are only 51 minutes long or so. Was it not shown in a 60 minute slot on BBC? Did they have to cut scenes out or something?

Sounds like Netflix has some sort of international version, the episodes have always been 57/58 minutes on the BBC.