Comments

• Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Scott looks his age to me
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,216
    Forum Member
    Okay, the dates and ages in this show were always wacky, but last night they just confused the hell out of me.

Meredith was 16 at the rough time of the Hale fire, yet she was supposed to be around in the 70s? Someone tell me I'm wrong. And did I see that Peter was 38 at the same time?

They go to school all year round going off last series so I don't pay attention to dates and ages. Though maybe werewolves age slower than humans
  • Options
    PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    They go to school all year round going off last series so I don't pay attention to dates and ages. Though maybe werewolves age slower than humans

The first episode of this season has been the only time they've been on Summer Vacation, other than that, you're right they've been in the school year for the entire series. But as seniors now, next season will probably have them graduate, and maybe off to college?
  • Options
    diplodocusdiplodocus Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    The first episode of this season has been the only time they've been on Summer Vacation, other than that, you're right they've been in the school year for the entire series. But as seniors now, next season will probably have them graduate, and maybe off to college?

I think they're only supposed to be juniors at the moment.

Season 1 and 2 both take place during the second semester of their sophomore year.
    When season 3 starts they've time skipped the whole summer, and 3A and 3B take place during the first semester of their junior year.
    Season 4 started at the beginning of the second semester of their junior year (which is why lacrosse is back)
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diplodocus wrote: »
    I think they're only supposed to be juniors at the moment.

Season 1 and 2 both take place during the second semester of their sophomore year.
    When season 3 starts they've time skipped the whole summer, and 3A and 3B take place during the first semester of their junior year.
    Season 4 started at the beginning of the second semester of their junior year (which is why lacrosse is back)

Agreed. We may have had four seasons, but their main time line only covers about a year.
  • Options
    Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    So, did no one watch the season finale then - or at least want to talk about it? :p

Well, even though I remain a big Teen Wolf fan I have to admit this has been the least effective season for me. Not because it didn't have good ideas, which it did, and not because I didn't enjoy it, which I did... it was more to do with the storyline which I found a bit sloppy at times and meant that the plot-holes and contrivances necessary to link it all together became more noticable. Usually I can let that sort of thing wash over me with this type of show but in this case it began to jar with me a little too much.

Admittedly this season was always going to be a challenge after the loss of Allison, Isaac and the twins, and unfortunately I still haven't warmed to Kira and Malia enough to buy into their relationships with Scott and Stiles. Stalia especially comes across as forced to me and I did find myself hankering after scenes of Stiles unrequited pursuit of Lydia again.

Some of the other things I didn't care for were the sledgehammered social message that everyone was suddenly having major money problems.

Meredith's undetermined age and the spurious reasoning of how the old 1960's computers behind the wall operated (and continued to update) the deadpool.

Scott's wimpy alphaness throughout the whole season, especially in the penultimate episode where he didn't even turn wolf during his fight against Kate and the Berzerkers. Although to be fair, that was maybe a deliberate thing considering the way he was clearly shown to find his true alpha prowess in the climactic fight against Peter.

The fact that every Tom, Dick and Harry ended up trying their hand at being an assassin and didn't seem to bat an eyelid that their hit list comprised of supernatural beings. (Having said that, maybe a lot of them didn't actually know their intended targets were supernatural.)

The serious lack of homo-eroticism. That's always been one of TW's guilty pleasures, but apart from Mason's quip about Brett at the lacrosse game it's all been a bit straight-laced this season. Not even a naked torso in the background of the locker room. Ok, I'll admit that's a shallow dislike, but it did start to make TW come across like some ten-a-penny episode of Grimm occasionally. I didn't really miss Danny but I did miss the lack of any explanation as to why he was no longer around. Mason's an agreeable replacement for him though. :)

What I did like was Liam - easily the best new character of the season. In my book he's already jumped ahead of Kira and Malia as someone I want to invest in. I really enjoyed the whole big-brother-little-brother thing he had going on with Scott and I especially liked that it was as a result of seeing Peter attack his baby-beta that caused Scott's protectiveness and true alphaness to kick-in (matrix style) in the final battle.

Meredith being revealed as the Benefactor was a real jaw-dropper of a moment for me! Despite my misgivings over the incongruities of her age and the timeline, I liked the explanation of how and why she ultimately became the Benefactor.

The Berzerkers. I thought they were a good scary 'monster', especially in the early episodes, but they weren't really used to their full potential. Maybe having them being the big-bad of the season rather than just being Kate's henchmen would have been better. Still, I quite liked Peter being the big-bad so I wasn't too bothered in the end.

Do we really have to wait a full year for Season 5? :(
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the lack of discussion about the finale says a lot I know I was so underwhelmed I couldn't even be bothered to moan about what I thought about it or the season as a whole :D

I'm just hoping season 5 will be a return to the highs of season 3b!!
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    I think the lack of discussion about the finale says a lot I know I was so underwhelmed I couldn't even be bothered to moan about what I thought about it or the season as a whole :D
    QUOTE]

I too was totally underwhelmed I do love little Beta, but miss a lot of the Stiles banter with Lydia and Derek, Malia is growing on me but don't care for Kira.

The main bit I loved was Derek as a wolf with his blue eyes and how he destroyed the Berserker and told Kate he was evolving not dying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Teen Wolf, because even at its worst it still tries harder than most shows out there, but... I found this season was arguably their least entertaining. For a start the character interactions, these were so banal and few and far between, shoved in so randomly amid the heavy action that I felt like no one really meant anything to each other. When we did get good interaction -Scott and his Dad, Stiles and the Sheriff, Derek and Scott, it was too brief and rarely followed up on.

And the whole Benefactor arc, seriously, what was the point because (along with Kate) it had little bearing on either the season opener, or the two close-out episodes. So yeah, while I still enjoyed myself, I hope next season they have action and the big-bad as the secondary plot to character growth. Indeed, the only person I felt any empathy for this year was Liam.

A+ for effort. D- for execution.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole season was the weakest of all 4, but still great, that says something because the other three were fantastic, but even though this season was the weakest, it's still above most shows nowadays! The only problems were the lack of interaction between great characters, we saw them, but it was very short. I would have loved to have seen more Peter and Derek interaction, and their interactions with the group.

It kind of seemed really split up. I mean, yes, Stiles and Scott were together with Malia and Kira, but it's kind of like when friends get in relationships, their "other" friends move away. It seemed like Lydia and Derek were very distant and were very much stand alone characters this season and didn't really have many scenes with the others. And Scott's ridiculous "innocent" act. He was not alpha like at all, he was acting like a new werewolf, he was scared to fight, it was kind of cringey to watch.

Lydia had her stuff with Meredith, Derek had his own relationship interests, etc...

However, the final was incredible in my opinion. It was tense and tied up the stories. And must say what was brilliant were...

- Malia and Peter... uncomfortable!
    - The Bezerkers were scary, and very effective, great villains there
    - Most importantly... DEREK, that was brilliant at the end!
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    So, did no one watch the season finale then - or at least want to talk about it? :p

Well, even though I remain a big Teen Wolf fan I have to admit this has been the least effective season for me. Not because it didn't have good ideas, which it did, and not because I didn't enjoy it, which I did... it was more to do with the storyline which I found a bit sloppy at times and meant that the plot-holes and contrivances necessary to link it all together became more noticable.

The show has lost all of its magic for me and I've lost all interest in it (at the moment anyway). It used to be a fantasy horror drama with cute guys running around in various states of undress, now it's a "serious" show that has "grown up" I have very little interest in the new themes; plus, the story wandered horribly in season 3 and season 4 seemed even less focussed.

It's just taking itself way too seriously and has lost all the charm that it had in season 1 (when everyone had their shirts off in every other scene).

Call me shallow, but we've all got to have a guilty pleasure and TW has jumped ship as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    The show has lost all of its magic for me and I've lost all interest in it (at the moment anyway). It used to be a fantasy horror drama with cute guys running around in various states of undress, now it's a "serious" show that has "grown up" I have very little interest in the new themes; plus, the story wandered horribly in season 3 and season 4 seemed even less focussed.

It's just taking itself way too seriously and has lost all the charm that it had in season 1 (when everyone had their shirts off in every other scene).

Call me shallow, but we've all got to have a guilty pleasure and TW has jumped ship as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think you're shallow, and I agree that it's skewed too dark now, which was some of the problems Buffy had. It needs to gets its mix of fun and angst back in balance.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're trying to do too much with the show.

We get a million storylines running at once.

I just preferred the old series cause it was Scott + Co. and they all worked together. Now it just focuses on one particular character an episode.

I said earlier I felt like Derek was so underused this season. Like a sub character which is disappointing. It's almost like the writers used this season to just introduce more characters and help us get over Alison going.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea when season 4 will be available on itunes?
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Teen Wolf, because even at its worst it still tries harder than most shows out there, but... I found this season was arguably their least entertaining. For a start the character interactions, these were so banal and few and far between, shoved in so randomly amid the heavy action that I felt like no one really meant anything to each other. When we did get good interaction -Scott and his Dad, Stiles and the Sheriff, Derek and Scott, it was too brief and rarely followed up on.

And the whole Benefactor arc, seriously, what was the point because (along with Kate) it had little bearing on either the season opener, or the two close-out episodes. So yeah, while I still enjoyed myself, I hope next season they have action and the big-bad as the secondary plot to character growth. Indeed, the only person I felt any empathy for this year was Liam.

A+ for effort. D- for execution.

That was the point though (deadpool), wasn't it? It was just one of those "random **** goes wrong" things due to circumstance.

In perspective I thought the season was awesome and one of my favorite shows on at the moment but...

I agree though, the show is running into all the problems the later seasons of Buffy experienced;

Losing its humour and becoming mostly dark and gritty.

Suddenly the entire town has a massive supernatural stock never seen before that "have always been there" (like with Buffy's demons). It makes the first few seasons seem odd in regards to wolves/Alphas (I mean there must be atleast anoher unmentioned Alpha in town...?) I thought the whole point of "supernatural tree" was to attract weird stuff, but it turns out it's always been there.

Why has Kira not been training her powers? Didn't she used to be able to electric things by touch? When she picked up that chain, I though for sure she was going to use it as a conductor and waste that Berserker...

I'm guessing that deputy is a firestarter? Some sort of "monster" version, though.(with his resistance to fire).

The season started off awkward though, with Isaac just vanishing and ZERO fallout fron the hospital massacre. Not even any extra security? Either it's just being ignored or there's an in-universe cover-up.

It was also glossed over; another Banshee ability is to know who is supernatural, and who and where they are. Unless she had access to a pre-made listing made by someone else? More conspiracy...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I mostly ignore the age ranges. Whenever they expect me to believe Scott is 18 I just roll my eyes.

The episode was okay. I like Meredith and hope she sticks around for the show. Peter turning into badass villain again. I love Peter but I don't want him too evil :D

I want to see a scene with Peter Vs Malia / Stiles. I wonder what he thinks of them :D

Well he was trying to get his daughter to kill Scott, to pass the Alpha on to her. So he at least cares for his daughter. Unless he planned on killing her after... He did not seem pleased at all about Derek being harmed. So not totaly evil.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    I loved the season and darker/gritty doesn't bother me and I don't need to talk about it to have enjoyed it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So looked for info on season 5... LOTS of info. Maybe these count as spoilers?
    20 episodes. Starts in June 2015.

Major character isn't coming back.

Liam will get a love interest, and it sounds like his friend may learn the secret of wolves. Liam is now a regular.

Malia's mother Desert Wolf is in play.

Parrish storyline reveals.

Argent and whether he captures his sister and interactions with that hunter group.

I think it's obvious who's not coming back. Anyone who watches Walking Dead should know, but I won't say. He may star on an episode or two, but he appears to have been comatosed for a reason. Of course, the fact he's comatosed and not killed is likely a spoiler that they don't expect him to last long on The Walking Dead, so gave him a way back. Though it seems the actor playing Peter us in a show called Chigago PD, too. So who knows...?

Steven Brand was added to the cast as the new villain, Dr. Valack.

Episode one is titled "Creatures of the Night" and series as a whole contains a plotpoint not seen in the series to date, that makes the series "badass".

It introduces a new creature, and to be honest what creature is usually referred to as a creature of the night? And is usually associated with werewolves? Are we getting some type of animal shapeshfter with...vampire like powers?

Synopsis at IMDB "Everyone is shocked after the return of an old face".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dang it, every time I see this thread active I get my hopes up that someone has word of a UK airing. Oh well :(

I'm guessing the next season will hit early summer, late spring?
  • Options
    dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok - just to resurrect this thread....

Netflix UK, who already have the first 5 seasons of Teen Wolf have just added the 6th (and final) season now.