Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've got me going now :D:D:D
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These pair smirking are going to get their asses ripped in a minute.
  • Options
    RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    He's French.

That's one big impediment!
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This all seems to be very staged to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    He's French.

He doesn't sound very French to me lol.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NAAFI, not Naffy... (red bee - pls take note)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That floor could do with some spit and polish.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which slimy c®cksucker just signed their own death warrant?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right. Missed half, so back to the beginning on plus 1. Get in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These types of programmes used to be well done but tonight's episode was very poor imho.
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »
    These types of programmes used to be well done but tonight's episode was very poor imho.

Agree, ITV with it's Bad Lad's Army was better from what I remember.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    Agree, ITV with it's Bad Lad's Army was better from what I remember.

Yeah, the big guy and the little guy were good at beasting.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    Cracking programme tonight

It's rather different to the 2007 documentary 'commando on the frontline' in that it's showing the somewhat less glamorous side of Recruit Training

I like the Corporal, scary but human, he's been a drill instructor a little bit too long though by the looks of it, he'll square that aware when needed though

Can't say I've ever heard of a troop entirely failing the foundation inspection for being totally gopping, was funny though and the lads could see the humour in it too

Looking forward to the rest
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching on +1, doesn't say much about the Corporal's leadership skills if they're not up to scratch at Inspection. Felt for the ones who couldn't stop laughing.

What, he's French?!!!
  • Options
    P.RamleeP.Ramlee Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was one of the cadet's faces blurred out?
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    tgabber wrote: »
    The corporal seems a bit too fond of his Weetabix - he could do with a few laps around the parade ground to get rid of that spare tire and double chin - I thought marines were supposed to be super fit!

Yeah, I think you're confusing fitness with looking like a gym queen on an underwear advertisement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nod: Y'orl right, Corporal?

Corporal: What the fück did you say!? Next!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    P.Ramlee wrote: »
    Why was one of the cadet's faces blurred out?

I believe in these 'reality' shows that the participants have to explicitly consent to being filmed. Perhaps that guy didn't consent.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nearly gave up half way through this, but glad I stayed with it to see those two giggling during the inspection.

What was all that standing about & sleeping naked stuff? Noticed The Corporal used a towel to cover his modesty.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    Nearly gave up half way through this, but glad I stayed with it to see those two giggling during the inspection.

What was all that standing about & sleeping naked stuff? Noticed The Corporal used a towel to cover his modesty.

During inspection everyone is stood to attention at the end of their beds until the last Recruit has been inspected

and the naked thing is simply all about cleanliness, straight after you've showered and dried off your clean for when you get in bed, due to how many people died in past wars on the battlefield not due to being shot or blown up, but because of lack of cleanliness, is the reason why its such an important detail in Training, wearing a pair of boxers in bed obviously isn't going to kill you but its all about discipline, its rather bizarre to watch or experience at first, most people have never been stood in a room of 30/40 naked men before but it becomes normal pretty quick :D
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I want to see the dog from the intro again! Hes the image of my dog, and not only that but mine "sits like a person" just like the army bloke said!

I liked the show although im confused how they were expected to get everything clean in such a confined space.

Laughed at the men getting wet from the arse crack water :D
  • Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,934
    Forum Member
    You can tell they've either *massively* edited a lot of the exchanges between the recruits and the corporal, or this program is actually more of a semi-staged training-lite reconstruction of the real thing.

It resembled a holiday camp compared to other commando training documentaries. Seems a little odd to me the way they've put it together. Something isn't ringing true.

Was still quite entertaining though.
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone passes the first main inspection, especially as it the cpl doing it.

They still haven't found out who is boss yet and they will keep failing as a unit until they do. Two weeks is not long enough to get the picture.

The "officers inspection" is the one that matters, as much for the cpl as the recruits.

It was good stuff, we have seen it before in other programmes but this one had a touch of humour, the poor souls getting tongue tied at the cpls door, the weetabix, and the pantomine inspection, for example.

The really hard training without the rolly-polly cpl will be a different matter.