Options

Magaluf video shows 'British' girl performing sex acts on 20+ men for free drink

Comments

• Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    OK, you wrote the part about the drunk getting robbed weirdly and I though you were trying to say a thief isn't responsible.

The point I'm making is that everyone knows people do stuff drunk, they won't do sober, so why should you have people who have to police this, who decides when the person is now doing something because they couldn't make a proper decision. When does someone say, oh wait, this isn't something they would do sober, but this thing is?

I assume you haven't been on this type of holiday, or to these resorts, and seen them in full swing.
    There's no rules, no one tells you that you've had enough to drink, no one is going to say, wait, don't do that, because you aren't in a state to make a responsible decision.

The bottom line is, you choose to drink alcohol, you choose to take the responsibility of your actions under the influence. Just like anything else, you drive with no seatbelt, you accept the fact that if you crash you dramatically reduce your chance of survival.

Why has it become so acceptable to blame everyone but yourself?

No, it is crime take advantage of someone, even by his/her own decision became under the influence, when they cannot properly give consent.
    What you do to yourself when under the influence is your own decision, not wearing a seatbelt for example, but if it affects others, drink driving for example, you are responsible. The same if others interfere with you and put you in danger because they see you are drunk and cannot make clear decisions, they will be hold responsible for what happens to you. It's the law.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I'm beginning to question whether you've actually seen the video.
    She was able to navigate her way round the bar without stumbling or falling over. She seemed able to home in on the penises and suck on them. She didn't get abusive or start a fight.

I'm intrigued - what do you consider 'smashed' to look like? I assume you're definition of smashed is sucking off 24 blokes, and in that case, even after a particularly heavy night's drinking, for the record I have NEVER been smashed!!! :D

Oh please. If your argument is that she was sober. I rest my case.
  • Options
    TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RegimentUK wrote: »
    As you've demonstrated here and on many occasions.

In practice what he says is true its often a slag like this who has no principles that has regrets and then blames it on rape.

Round of applause....you've just reinforced my original comment.
  • Options
    TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Well, she had to be up for it in the first place, maybe naively being misled she was going to get a real holiday, but either way most sensible women would refuse, especially if there was a risk of the event being recorded, which it was in this case.

Whether the lads complied or not is unknown, as far as I know, but I wouldn't comply just to get a 3-4 second blowy, personally. It takes a bit longer for me to get going than that. Not worth it for me, but each to their own.

You might say what happens in places like Magaluf should stay in Magaluf, but in this case it didn't happen.

If they were not up for it surely it would have been sexual assault. Reporting would suggest that the men willingly joined in so are just as sleazy as she was.
  • Options
    Corkhead.Corkhead. Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    >:( How dare she??? She has committed treason as far as I'm concerned, it's thoroughly embarrassing for us British people, nay humiliating, she should have her passport confiscated!

Well, that's an interesting viewpoint.

Treason: the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.

As far as I can tell, this young lady has committed no crime. She hasn't attempted to overthrow the government or the Queen. Where's the treason..?

She may have been indiscreet and behaved in a way that should get her a good talking to from her father, but withdraw her passport.? On what grounds..? Methinks she would have a very good case for suing HM Government if they did such a thing..... and she'd win..... and she'd end up having her legal fees paid by the state (that is, you and I, the taxpayers).

Sounds to me like she is a consenting adult who used her own property (her body) for a purpose which, whilst distasteful, is not illegal.

It's a big fuss over nothing.

The only annoyance I feel over this issue is that a cheap tabloid newspaper has seen fit to splash this all over the front page and inflame a nothing situation out of all proportion, encouraging haughty moralists to vent their faux outrage all over the twittersphere.

Really.... Have they got nothing more important to foam at the mouth about..?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »

But who are you to say how drunk she was? From the evidence given, she looks perfectly capable of moving about and doing certain activities, with no trouble at all.

At what point is the person not able to make a responsible decision?

How do you know she didn't make the decision with perfect clarity of thought?

Btw, I don't know if anyone noticed, but there is a guy at the end who gets held by his mates, while his friends pull his pants down, while the girl is shouting "come on, get it out". He didn't look like he wanted anything to do with it. Is this now a sexual assault?
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corkhead. wrote: »
    Well, that's an interesting viewpoint.

Treason: the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.

As far as I can tell, this young lady has committed no crime. She hasn't attempted to overthrow the government or the Queen. Where's the treason..?

She may have been indiscreet and behaved in a way that should get her a good talking to from her father, but withdraw her passport.? On what grounds..? Methinks she would have a very good case for suing HM Government if they did such a thing..... and she'd win..... and she'd end up having her legal fees paid by the state (that is, you and I, the taxpayers).

Sounds to me like she is a consenting adult who used her own property (her body) for a purpose which, whilst distasteful, is not illegal.

It's a big fuss over nothing.

The only annoyance I feel over this issue is that a cheap tabloid newspaper has seen fit to splash this all over the front page and inflame a nothing situation out of all proportion, encouraging haughty moralists to vent their faux outrage all over the twittersphere.

Really.... Have they got nothing more important to foam at the mouth about..?

I suspect Jenny_Sawyer's post was tongue in cheek. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it is crime take advantage of someone, even by his/her own decision became under the influence, when they cannot properly give consent.
    What you do to yourself when under the influence is your own decision, not wearing a seatbelt for example, but if it affects others, drink driving for example, you are responsible. The same if others interfere with you and put you in danger because they see you are drunk and cannot make clear decisions, they will be hold responsible for what happens to you. It's the law.

Haha, so it wasn't her decision to suck all those cawks?

But what if someone told me to drink drive, because they really needed to get home, and I felt the peer pressure, which made me do it? And I killed someone, would I be OK to be left off because I was influenced by other people to do the drink driving?

edit
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think some people might care a little bit too much what some random girl did in Magaluf.
  • Options
    Corkhead.Corkhead. Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I suspect Jenny_Sawyer's post was tongue in cheek. ;-)

Yes, that occurred to me too, but even having this as a topic of discussion at all seems to me to be a complete overreaction to something that happens in a thousand bars around the world on any given night.

I just thought the thread needed to have some sense of proportion injected into it.

Anyone who thinks that what this girl did was somehow depraved has clearly never served in the Royal Navy.

You want to see outrageously offensive behaviour..? Just watch sailors on shore leave anywhere in the world. Magaluf..? That's Sleepy Hollow compared to Singapore.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it then, a cheese tasting session?

Anyway I blame the local authorities as well, the place is getting out of hand now.

I agree, places like Magaluf, Ayia Napa, Kavos and other such chavvy places need to tighten up their laws and restrict these drinking dens. They are probably more concerned with losing tourist money though.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, so it wasn't her decision to suck all those cawks?

But what if someone told me to drink drive, because they really needed to get home, and I felt the peer pressure, which made me do it? And I killed someone, would I be OK to be left off because I was influenced by other people to do the drink driving?

edit

I don't know why you're not able to understand the post, because I thought Viridiana was perfectly clear, but to put it another way; sex without consent is rape. In law, a person is deemed incapable of giving consent if they're drunk or drugged.
  • Options
    Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is there any comment from the girl in question?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why you're not able to understand the post, because I thought Viridiana was perfectly clear, but to put it another way; sex without consent is rape. In law, a person is deemed incapable of giving consent if they're drunk or drugged.

So Viridiana believes this girl was legally raped?

I'd love to see a fella go to a police station and tell them he was raped because he couldn't give/remember giving consent last night due to drinking too much.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She said "nyom nyom nyom *slurp* nyom nyom"
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her family have spoken but I don't think she has.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Taglet wrote: »
    If they were not up for it surely it would have been sexual assault. Reporting would suggest that the men willingly joined in so are just as sleazy as she was.

Like I have repeatedly said, if she wasn't willing to perform this act in the first place, it would never have happened, so she is more culpable than the men, something you seem unwilling to embrace.

Everybody has some blame factor, but she is most to blame for being willing to do it in the first place. Bottom line. No woman or women willing to suck your dick = event doesn't happen.

She wasn't sober, no doubt, but she wasn't smashed either. You can hit a middle ground.
    The thief committed a crime. Being drunk in itself it's not a crime. People taking advantage of you because you are intoxicated is.
    Being drunk does not excuse a crime or any criminal activity, even though it can be a contributory factor. This is the law pure and simple, i cannot believe people do not know this.

There wasn't a crime committed, as no one was assaulted or beaten up and no money was stolen. Being taken advantage of is not a crime in itself. The worst you could describe it as is bribery for a supposed holiday, which turned out not to be a real holiday, but some alcohol instead. It depends on exactly what happened. If being taken advantage of becomes a crime, then that should apply to everybody, not just people that have been drinking.
    I do. She certainly didn't appear to be "totally smashed" to me. She looked fully in control of herself as she made her way around the men. That was the first thing that struck me when I watched the video - I'd been expecting to see a clearly very drunk girl who was very much the worse for wear, but I actually saw nothing of the sort. I'm sure she'd probably consumed alcohol during that evening, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say she was totally smashed.

That's the impression I got from looking at the censored video. She'd no doubt been drinking, but she wasn't smashed or paralytic, IMO.
    Well you seem to forget she was totally smashed. So people were indeed taking advantage of her.

You are no less of a thief if you steal from someone totally drunk. It's exactly the same here. If the bar took advantage of the fact she was in no state to make proper decisions, they have something to answer for here.

We don't know for sure how drunk she was.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whose claiming she was sober? Not me.:confused:

Are you saying there's only 2 stages of drunkenness - sober and smashed with nothing in between? You claim she was 'smashed'. I stated she seemed fully in control of her actions. I didn't claim for a second she was sober, just not 'smashed'.

Surely you can accept that you can drink and be tipsy or slightly drunk without being so inebriated that you are no longer in control of your faculties?

Just wondering if you're having trouble reading the posts on this thread? You're not smashed are you...
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Whose claiming she was sober? Not me.:confused:

Are you saying there's only 2 stages of drunkenness - sober and smashed with nothing in between? You claim she was 'smashed'. I stated she seemed fully in control of her actions. I didn't claim for a second she was sober, just not 'smashed'.

Surely you can accept that you can drink and be tipsy or slightly drunk without being so inebriated that you are no longer in control of your faculties?

Just wondering if you're having trouble reading the posts on this thread? You're not smashed are you...

Their posts are what I would call sdfghuytarrtjkgtfd (censored). Not worth getting a holiday for, for yet again breaking the swear filter.

How ironic. By randomly sliding my hand across the keyboard I managed to spell the word tarrt (sic *). LMAO.

(*) Or not in this case. :p
  • Options
    autumnautumn Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gross. Bet most of those penises hadn't seen soap and water for a few days. She must've had a good few drinks to do that. Dangerous seeing that half the population has herpes and who knows what. I think that maybe she's had some kind of abuse in her life, or prostitution. I can't think of any woman who would be able to do that, let alone want to, even drunk. Maybe I'm naive. Hopefully she's had a course of antibiotics and a STI screen. Truly risky behaviour, but it's a permissive society, so.....
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect Jenny_Sawyer's post was tongue in cheek.
    ;-)

Saying nothing here ;-)
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    autumn wrote: »
    I think that maybe she's had some kind of abuse in her life, or prostitution. I can't think of any woman who would be able to do that, let alone want to, even drunk. Maybe I'm naive. Hopefully she's had a course of antibiotics and a STI screen. Truly risky behaviour, but it's a permissive society, so.....

I am really not defending the girl's choice here or saying I would do it but this is so OTT it's unreal.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I agree, places like Magaluf, Ayia Napa, Kavos and other such chavvy places need to tighten up their laws and restrict these drinking dens. They are probably more concerned with losing tourist money though.

Why do they? People go out there for a good time, knowing exactly what to expect, lots of sex and drink. If you don't like it don't go, but don't insist on stopping others enjoying themselves.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Saying nothing here ;-)

Hahaha...:D
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they? People go out there for a good time, knowing exactly what to expect, lots of sex and drink. If you don't like it don't go, but don't insist on stopping others enjoying themselves.

agreed, i really get fed up with these moralising, do gooding, kill joys trying to tell others how to live their lives and what to do with their bodies. Maybe the spotlight should be on them for a change and why they think it is acceptable to interfere and show no level of tolerance? :confused: