Options

Falling Skies Season 4 (US PACE)

Comments

• Options
    GibraltarianGibraltarian Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    What did the writers take whilst concocting season 4? Thought it was just vme being thick and not knowing what was going on, but twitterverse and loads of online fora are to the brim with same comments. Season 4 is everywhere and nowhere. I dont know what is going on. It is messy - the acting has got really awful, especially the Doctor Woman - she smirks after the delivery of amost every line! Anbd the plot - WTF!
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    You do have to wonder just how much damage those opening couple of episodes have done to the series.

For a show that's always really been fairly comfortable ratings-wise, the most recent episode, the third of the season, pulled in its lowest ever numbers. No doubt based on the mess of the first two episodes.

Granted, the latest episode was better, but they really need to up their game AND hope that viewers come back. If the season levels out at less than 3m viewers then I think they're in a bit of trouble when it comes time for a renewal decision by TNT.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I almost wet myself laughing when I saw the Faraday suit. I honestly thought it was a plan to kill Pope then realised the producers just think the audience are stoopid and can be treated with contempt.

I don't think I can force myself to watch another episode though :(
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I guess some of us spoke too soon?

Whilst I obviously can't speak for everyone, I thoroughly enjoyed Episode #4 and thought it was a huge advancement compared to episodes #1, #2 & #3. I figured we'd not see Jeannie again (at least, not in her normal form) and I think it's a fair bet that the Espheni who was speaking to Tom (about a greater threat) was, to a point, speaking the truth, and that we're essentially Espheni guinea pigs; them using us to create the perfect soldier.

I guess Lexi has a little more of a transformation to come yet too, am curious to see just how that'll play out and whether she'll actually side with, or turn upon her creators.

As stated, a step in the right direction. Wish we'd kind of got here sooner, cause very little of what we've seen so far has led us to this point. Much of it I think could have been skipped.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is where the season should have started really, rather than going through most of what we've been through, which was basically very little.

Good to have Mira Sorvino join the cast, she'll keep me watching for a while. Although shame it is post apocalyptic wear.
  • Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    I've actually enjoyed season four far more than previous seasons.

I couldn't take another year of Tom having heart-to-hearts with his sons every five minutes and the 'story of the week'.

We've had far more aliens, far more action and much quicker pacing.

It has gone completely bonkers at times but it's all making enough sense for me to like it. The first couple of episodes had a difficult job as there had to be a certain about of course correction to move the stories and characters into the new writers positions.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone seemed to enjoy episode 4 more, so I gave it a go.

I really can't see why people think its an improvement. Apart from the banter between Pope and New Attractive Blond and the almost interesting communication between the two Fishheads (who should have rubbed their hands together as their evil plans are workingr) it is still plagued by poor acting, messy direction and a weak script.

And I can't be the only one who groaned at the 'An American Tail' hommage :D I almost started singing 'Somewhere Out there' :D

And don't get me started on Jeannie - I almost ruptured something laughing at her 'transformation' and it still hurts. :D
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    All caught up now. It's miles better than last year, but still rather annoying in too many places. The 5 minute family reunions every episode need to stop.

Since it's ending in season 5, they need to hurry up and show us where it's going. The aliens who showed up and tried to take over the fight have now pissed off again.....our 'heroes' are rather useless at attacking......alien-daughter is just plain weird. It's not going to end with everyone coming together as one happy family, so time to step it up.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^also Sarah Carter needs to start shooting things again. :)
  • Options
    ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^also Sarah Carter needs to start shooting things again. :)

The show could be an hour of her sat there reading, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes and I would still watch it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :)

though
    going by the end of the last ep methinks she'll be doing those things on a big white fluffy cloud. :( - I know this is US pace but just in case.
  • Options
    HeWhoIsHereHeWhoIsHere Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    This show is so bad now it is like watching a car crash, you just can't turn away.

None of the characters are interesting and I actually get happy when they die off.

I really hope that a Mason dies to prove they are not divine entities impervious to all doom and gloom. Although not Hal, cause if he dies there won't be any pretty boys to look at anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The super-powered-alien-daughter has defn lessened the enjoyment of the show for me. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The super-powered-alien-daughter has defn lessened the enjoyment of the show for me. :(

They didn't learn from 'V' nor 'BattleStar Galactic 1980'.

Star Childs just don't work.

Still at least she got rid of Lourdes for us. What a stupid moo she was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet she's kicking herself now for not doing the whole "hey hold on a mo, can I first just clarify that we're on the same page here luv" thing, well she would be if she wasn't all dead 'n stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bet she's kicking herself now for not doing the whole "hey hold on a mo, can I first just clarify that we're on the same page here luv" thing, well she would be if she wasn't all dead 'n stuff.

And then we have the idiots who knelt down in front of the Mech, peace and love, man!

I cheered when they all got shot. :)

This show is sooooo dumb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^guess they just didn't believe hard enough, numpties.
  • Options
    My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this show it fills the void left by the walking dead but is in its own league of naffness. I can't stand the whole blonde super human Lexie storyline it's just stupid and feels like a desperate attempt to inject a bit of mystery into the slow parts of the plot. They should just keep to the various aliens and their evil plan to Wipe out the humans and how we fight back.forget the unconvincing romance between Tom and Ann , she was just a bunk up at the end of the world they're not the new Adam and Eve.
  • Options
    geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like it, its just good mindless fun. I do think this Season has been much much better than S3, but yeah I couldn't care less about the whole star child nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The way Lourdes died so early I honestly expected her to return by the end of the episode. Thankfully not. Decent enough character through season 2 and early 3, but dreadful otherwise.

Shame Tector's gone as well. Still wish Tom and Matt would die.
  • Options
    LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really love this show but agree about the lexi stroyline not my cup of tea at all seems out of place with everyting else. Love the Mason clan hope they all make it to S5 along with weaver and pope. not so bothered about anyone else. Anne does my nut in!
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been finding this season more watchable than I expected, mainly because of having four plot lines means there's enough going on to be interesting. That said, it's still rubbish. I've not bothered watching the latest episode, so now I'm well spoiled :) I actually kinda liked that Lourdes had gone from being a fairly fanatical Christian to being a star child high priestess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that was another crappy filler episode.

Who is it that thinks we want to see 45mins of 2 people trapped in a hole, and other people trying to save someone else from an illness?

This is a scifi show about aliens invading earth. Lets have more stuff about them, and not the 5 mins we had from a distance of them trying to metamorphosis us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed. And another family reunion :cry:
  • Options
    geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a really poor episode, season 3 terrible. Glad Maggie is alright though even though it was an entirely predictable storyline.

Still waiting for Matt and Anne to be killed, preferably by the high priestess / star child who then disappears forever