Options

BBC IPLAYER not working

Johna456Johna456 Posts: 288
Forum Member
anyone having problems downloading stuff off the iplayer, keeps getting to 30percent and crashing, but tried downloading on movies and other on demand stuff it works no bother

confused

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,531
    Forum Member
    According to the News the BBC have had big problems with system failures on iPLayer, but all is supposed to be fixed now?.
  • Options
    Johna456Johna456 Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    not with my box, wife not pleased she missed fridays eastenders lol
  • Options
    onephatonephat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My drx 895 is the same. Works fine on my Sony Bluray but on Sky everything just fails. All other ondemand stuff on the sky box works fine.
  • Options
    SJLSJL Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    It starts the download Ok, but never gets to the "Available" stage. I tried downloading the Chris Hoy documentary from both BBC One HD and BBC One channels. Both failed.

When looking at the Failed recording information it reports "Failed Rec: Subscription needed".

What subscription?

I tested a 4oD download and that was fine.

Glad it wasn't just me.
  • Options
    onephatonephat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its working again now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    onephat wrote: »
    Its working again now

Presumably they had more problems that they thought? :D
  • Options
    dale2011dale2011 Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I can't find anything on iPlayer. There's nothing available for download since 24th July.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dale2011 wrote: »
    I can't find anything on iPlayer. There's nothing available for download since 24th July.

same on my box mate DRX 895
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will content be uploaded to sky's bbc iplayer again mine says no programmes on bbc one for Monday will they just leave it now or put the content back for this week
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee_w wrote: »
    When will content be uploaded to sky's bbc iplayer again mine says no programmes on bbc one for Monday will they just leave it now or put the content back for this week

There is no programming on BBC One due to Commonwealth Games coverage. Some shows will be listed as BBC Two.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the other channels work but not BBC ONE
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daniel99 wrote: »
    the other channels work but not BBC ONE

As above, there are no programs on BBC1 (or very few), due to Commonwealth Games coverage, most things have been moved to BBC2.
  • Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    I cant fathom out why the commonwealth games are not available on the Iplayer via Sky but are via their app and connected TVs but not in HQ but fuzzy vision only.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marti S wrote: »
    I cant fathom out why the commonwealth games are not available on the Iplayer via Sky but are via their app and connected TVs but not in HQ but fuzzy vision only.

Have you tried asking the BBC?.
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marti S wrote: »

Its likely to be rights as the sky service is a progressive download and the others stream.
  • Options
    RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt also they will not be wanting unduly affect impending DVD/Blu-ray sales ;-).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    There is no programming on BBC One due to Commonwealth Games coverage. Some shows will be listed as BBC Two.

Oh thanks for that it explains the issue

They have a tab for commonwealth games to why have they stopped bbc one getting content
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    BBC iPlayer on a Sky box seems incomplete. Much easier to fire it at the TV from a tablet. Very irritating though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TeeGee wrote: »
    BBC iPlayer on a Sky box seems incomplete. Much easier to fire it at the TV from a tablet. Very irritating though!

Again, ask the BBC about it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've noticed very recently that, despite months of it being fine, there's now an issue again with content not being added. Last week's episodes of Dragons' Den and Gardeners' World never appeared, and last night's episode of the latter isn't there yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder of the bbc is in trouble mind you if an agreement is made it should be done
    There doesn't seem to be an issue so much with demand 5 and 4 od and itv player
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like I said back in post #2, the BBC had a major iPlayer failure (it was on the news), it could well still be a problem from that?.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Hi all. Is there still an issue with missing content? Things like In The Club seem to be missing but are fine on phone and TV.
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lee_w wrote: »
    I wonder of the bbc is in trouble mind you if an agreement is made it should be done
    There doesn't seem to be an issue so much with demand 5 and 4 od and itv player
    They do not have the 1200 different versions of each programme that the BBC iPlayer provides......
    But please log the missing programmes with the BBC ..... They cannot have the staff to check absolutely every thing ,,,

Use the " contact us "on http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/programme_latest_issues
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rendez2k wrote: »
    Hi all. Is there still an issue with missing content? Things like In The Club seem to be missing but are fine on phone and TV.

Yeah, we seem to have gone back to the old days where content just never appears on the Sky platform. The last two episodes of Dragons' Den and Gardeners' World never materialised. Death in Paradise from Monday and In the Club from last night are missing.

Just very unreliable indeed at the moment.