House of Cards Drama Channel 12th July

2»

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    *swoon* Sharpe really brightened up the Yesterday channel!

These series have been repeated so often now, for me the "edge" has certainly gone off Sharpe.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    you definitely should try the Kevin spacey remake it's brilliant, cannot fault the acting at all, I would say it's as good if not better in some parts than the original

I fail to see how this US production could be better.
  • StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it would be dim - in the midst of endless reruns of other things like Catherine Cookson serials - not to show To Play The King and The Final Cut.

Richardson was just superb... like he was in everything, from the RSC to Porterhouse Blue and in between. For my money, he was also the best portrayal there will ever be of Monty (in Churchill and the Generals, where Timothy West was Churchill).
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite IR part was in Private Schultz, but FU comes a close second...

K
  • xendesktopxendesktop Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I fail to see how this US production could be better.

It's superb. And since it's not from one of the mainstream US channels, it's got a bit of IQ about it.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Currently watching US House of Cards (on episode 5); it's very watchable and doesn't tread on any toes regarding the UK one. My only concern is that it doesn't feel unique enough; American TV has lots of anti-heroes, there's a few political shows. The UK House of Cards had a Shakespearean quality to it that makes it stand out.