Helen Flanagan posing with gun to head

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Don't quite get the photo anyway. What's a gun got to do with lingerie? Maybe I'm not 'arty' enough to understand why a half naked girl would put a gun to her head. Not sure whether this was an advertising campaign or just photos for a lads mag, but whatever is this a good image to put out, regardless of the recent shootings?
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Posing with guns to your head is stupid, tweeting the said pictures is even more stupid.

What is the most insensitive and ridiculous, is some stupid reporters going to grieving parents, who lost their children due to someone shooting the children,and showing these pictures for the shock value. HF has nothing to do with America, this shooting or the parents. The parents shouldn't have to worry about some silly ex-soap actress from UK, and her idiocy.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    katetow wrote: »
    Don't quite get the photo anyway. What's a gun got to do with lingerie? Maybe I'm not 'arty' enough to understand why a half naked girl would put a gun to her head. Not sure whether this was an advertising campaign or just photos for a lads mag, but whatever is this a good image to put out, regardless of the recent shootings?

Seems a bit daft regardless of the reason. She doesn't have her finger on the trigger, which is one thing I guess lol.
    Forum Member
    Not everyone should or is going to stop doing things because of a tragedy that doesn't directly affect them. Nobody has a right to pass judgment on her for posting a picture on her own page. She probably didn't know some journalist was going to wave it in the faces of grieving parents for the sake of a trashy headline.

Very true about the journalist. Thing is with public judgment - that is all a lot of these 'celebs' have. If she wants to remain popular with the general public, and hence remain a popular celeb (if she is), then she needs to be careful of her actions.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Helen Flanagan ‏@helenflanagan1
    I am absolutely disgusted in this. Completely cruel. I will absolutely NOT stand for this kind of bullying. http://lockerz.com/s/270118411
    Anyone who knows me knows I have the biggest heart.... I feel really chocked up that's so cruel.
    Honestly I've got tears streaming down my face how can you do that to someone over something so tragic #feelsick can't believe I woke up to that
    I've just been crying to my bf before he left for work.... Now I am just absolutely livid. I am really worried about my mum :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Don't care either way for her, but to use a photo taken in October to try and stir up outrage with a grieving community just goes to show how pathetic the Sun and Daily Mail really are.
    Forum Member
    Kuldiin wrote: »
    Don't care either way for her, but to use a photo taken in October to try and stir up outrage with a grieving community just goes to show how pathetic the Sun and Daily Mail really are.

Exactly. The papers are in the wrong in this one, no doubt about that.
  • You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    katetow wrote: »
    Very true about the journalist. Thing is with public judgment - that is all a lot of these 'celebs' have. If she wants to remain popular with the general public, and hence remain a popular celeb (if she is), then she needs to be careful of her actions.

I totally agree with you in that respect, the picture itself is bound to provoke both positive and negative responses based on it's content. What I meant, and should have worded better, was that I think they should form those opinions irrespective of the tragedy in the US. We're in a world of 7 Billion people and not everybody is going to change their behavior for something that doesn't personally affect them. We can't hold that against her.
    Forum Member
    Exactly. The papers are in the wrong in this one, no doubt about that.

Agreed. Good to see Leveson having an effect :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Kuldiin wrote: »

The Daily Mail have a nerve they posted the same set of photos a few months ago with no problem.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2225761/Helen-Flanagan-channels-Marilyn-Monroe-shows-new-tattoo.html
    Forum Member
    aggielane wrote: »
    The Daily Mail have a nerve they posted the same set of photos a few months ago with no problem.

It's the Daily Mail, that's all that needs to be said.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a new photo and why the hell did our newspapers think it was appropriate to fly all the way to USA to show grieving families the photo?

It was available to be seen by anyone with access to the net on her Twitter page, so it's not solely the responsiblity of the Sun.

She's the idiot for posting it after the shootings happened.
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2225761/Helen-Flanagan-channels-Marilyn-Monroe-shows-new-tattoo.html

It is the Daily Fail, any way they can bash women they will do it.
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with you in that respect, the picture itself is bound to provoke both positive and negative responses based on it's content. What I meant, and should have worded better, was that I think they should form those opinions irrespective of the tragedy in the US. We're in a world of 7 Billion people and not everybody is going to change their behavior for something that doesn't personally affect them. We can't hold that against her.

Very true. And I totally agree that this is pretty low of the media. It's the media that has put a slant on this which was never intended. Blimey, who'd be famous?
    Forum Member
    It was available to be seen by anyone with access to the net on her Twitter page, so it's not solely the responsiblity of the Sun.

She's the idiot for posting it in the first place.

Like the parents of these kids in America were REALLY going to check out Helen Flanagan's twitter page to see what kind of photos she has tweeted on there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not clever to have a picture of anyone holding a gun to their head at any time.
    Forum Member

She's the idiot for posting it after the shootings happened.

Yeah, she was stupid to post it, but The Sun then decided to be just as stupid to generate outrage about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Yeah, she was stupid to post it, but The Sun then decided to be just as stupid to generate outrage about it.

You do realise the internet can be seen by anyone with access to a PC don't you?

If it hadn't been the Sun, another organisation or individual would have said something about her posting it on Twitter.
    Forum Member
    Not clever to have a picture of anyone holding a gun to their head at any time.

Even less clever for various newspapers to then reprint pictures and make sure it is circulated worldwide
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Flanagan is a brainless idiot who should have her social networking accounts cancelled. A three year old would have had more sense. Time she spent some of her easy gained money on getting advice on how an adult behaves.

This.

The Sun are sick for showing the parents the picture but Flanagan is a grown-up and I cannot believe even one person would stick up for her. Crazy!
    Forum Member
    This.

The Sun are sick for showing the parents the picture but Flanagan is a grown-up and I cannot believe even one person would stick up for her. Crazy!

I don't think anyone is sticking up for her, but placing the blame of the papers for being insensitive douches just for the *shock* factor at the expense of grieving parents. This doesn't take away form the fact, that HF is an idiot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    It does say the picture was originally published from a Photoshoot done in October.

I was going to deffend helen, but it seams she posted the pic on monday :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This.

Yes the sun had no justification what so ever for showing that pic to parents very very insensitive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even less clever for various newspapers to then reprint pictures and make sure it is circulated worldwide

Perhaps better for her not to have posted the pics on Twitter in the first place, then the Sun wouldn't come out with the faux outrage?
    Forum Member
    You do realise the internet can be seen by anyone with access to a PC don't you?

If it hadn't been the Sun, another organisation or individual would have said something about her posting it on Twitter.

Probably, but would they have gone to the families in order to foster more outrage?