Catfish

mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I watched this movie last night for the first time.

I found it very confusing in places, but I did find myself sympathising with the woman who set all this up.

I wonder if she got help, she obviously was very lonely and found this as a way of getting the attention and love she craved.

I found her husband abit of an odd one, I didn't find him to be very supportive to her mental needs at all.

It's nice that Nev was understanding too, even though she lied so much, even to the point of emailing him as the daughter and saying how her "mum" was very sick with cancer.

She told some awful lies, it was just like she couldn't stop, or was too afraid to stop, because she didn't want to be humiliated and that if all the lies stopped then she'd go back to her mundane life getting no attention or much needed conversation or love,

Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Seen the tv show heard of the movie but I might give it ago today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a really good film, you're right about how it drags your sympathies about and really makes you concered for...the well-being of all concerned.

I dd hear Kevin Smith doubting the truthfulness of the film but it all seemed depressingly believable to me.