Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aidan11 wrote: »
    Apparantly not him or the grumpy old man. I've been given a different name (although this is probably speculation too).

The one I've been told is a keen golfer who used to often play live at her majesties.

Do you mean someone with gap teeth?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Is he from Liverpool ??
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aidan11 wrote: »
    Apparantly not him or the grumpy old man. I've been given a different name (although this is probably speculation too).

The one I've been told is a keen golfer who used to often play live at her majesties.
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Do you mean someone with gap teeth?
    Is he from Liverpool ??

I wondered about him, never seen anything about him in these forums though. It was just he was one of the few comedy legends i could think of in his seventies, unless you are talking comedy actors as oppposed to comediens
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    It seems that social networks are helping to turn serious allegations of sexual assault into a perverse game of: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n0EtBDywLoI/UHtGGMKNorI/AAAAAAAAAKs/T-fKCrd6vG4/s1600/guessWho.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abuse expert Alison Millar calls revelation of fresh evidence into a historic paedophile ring in North Wales ‘beyond comprehension’
    http://www.leighday.co.uk/News/2013/April-2013/Abuse-lawyer-reacts-to-North-Wales-care-home-repor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    video - N Wales councillor Malcolm King tells #c4news authorities didn't try hard enough to crack down on child abuse
    http://www.channel4.com/news/north-wales-child-abuse-operation-pallial-police-report
    includes interview with Steve Messham, who's been in a psychiatric hospital for 6 months, explaining why he disappeared from Twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Operation Pallial is promising but the Jillings Report remaining suppressed looks dodgy
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/will-black/paedogeddon-to-paedobritian_b_2973030.html

Sir Peter Morrison 'seen' at abuse care home
    http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2012-11-07/sir-peter-morrison-seen-at-abuse-care-home/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Adults can be sexually abused too

Mild to you perhaps because you willingly accepted such behaviour. For those who didn't, it would not be considered mild.

The difference is that witches don't exist, so hunting them is pointless persecution. Sexual abusers do.

In private, a publically charming and affable person may be very different.

Witches aren't some mythological creature, you know. They DO exist and it is in fact, a religion (Wicca). My best friend is a white witch. She doesn't do 'magic' but is indeed a witch. Please educate yourself in the future before you make such sweeping statements,.
    I did distinguish between mild "groping"/bottom pinching/ cuddle types and full sexual abuse. Bottom pinching was regarded as the norm if you visited Italy in the 60s/70s. Don't tell me it isn't the same now as I am fully aware of that. PC is now crazy and as a feminist in the 60s who fought for equal pay and equal rights I find the current pathetic attitude to being whistled at or having your bottom pinched very silly. Grow up and take compliments. There is no feminism today. It has died and been taken over by women who cannot be feminine.

I find your general comments patronising. I was in private with Rolf as it was in a TV studio and there were times when no one else was around. You don't know so don't comment.

I would rather see some of the alleged politicians questioned. What has happened re the North Wales care home investigation? This side has gone quiet and yet the celebs are still being brought in. It is easy to get them and hard to get through the walls protecting the political and public figures.

I'm beginning to think that all of this is some kind of arrest-gone-mad scenario. And why are only famous people from that time (when things WERE different and the term 'PC' didn't exist) being arrested or accused? It all strikes me as being very strange.

And I'm not saying that 'groping' or pinching someone's bum was right; but it was 'accepted behaviour' at the time (not 'acceptable', but 'accepted', which are two entirely different things; just in case someone misunderstands me). I had a driving instructor in the 70s who was more interested in my legs than in teaching me to drive - I just gave up my driving lessons. Of course, now I would probably report him. Things have changed. (I wouldn't report him now for what he did then, but would do so if he did it today).
    Ivy Rose wrote: »
    I've thought that since the first few arrests after the Jimmy Saville story leaked. They are desperate to be seen to be doing something but are only going after the easiest of targets.

So far, Operation Yewtree is coming across as one of the most pathetic things I've had the misfortune to witness. I know we don't know what's going on behind-the-scenes, but it just seems so farcical already from what we have witnessed.

It is beginning to become farcical. It's also evident that they should completely disassociate any accusations of groping by people who were adults at the time from paedophilia as theya re entirely different things and have completely different ramifications. It's all very well saying 'police in the Savile case have arrested/are questioning someone but this has no relation to the Savile case'. That just blurs the lines and the public at large will hear that these people are being questioned in relation to the 'Savile case' and the rest will go in and out of one ear. They will then jump to the conclusion that all of these people are paedophiles when, in fact, this is not the case.

Also, when it's a case of 'he said/she said' - although I feel for any victim (of real assault, rather than just having your knee groped - I personally got a bit annoyed by it but am not mentally nor emotionally scarred by such a silly action), I do wonder about the validity of some of these allegations.

It all seems to have taken on a life of its own. No-one seems safe.
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why are only famous people from that time (when things WERE different and the term 'PC' didn't exist) being arrested or accused?

Not only famous people are investigated - there are prosecutions every week for historic cases of sex abuse.
    And I'm not saying that 'groping' or pinching someone's bum was right; but it was 'accepted behaviour' at the time (not 'acceptable', but 'accepted', which are two entirely different things; just in case someone misunderstands me)... (real assault, rather than just having your knee groped)

I've seen nothing to suggest that the police are investigating mere historic bum-pinching or knee-groping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davidmcn wrote: »
    Not only famous people are investigated - there are prosecutions every week for historic cases of sex abuse.

I've seen nothing to suggest that the police are investigating mere historic bum-pinching or knee-groping.

Spot on!
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davidmcn wrote: »

The Hairy Cornflake maintains thats pretty much all he's been charged with. I suppose we'll see if it ever comes to court.
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    The Hairy Cornflake maintains thats pretty much all he's been charged with. I suppose we'll see if it ever comes to court.

He hasn't (yet) been charged with anything as far as I know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »

you mean accused of! And it isn't!
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    After hundreds of claims the police and NSPCC came to the conclusion in the Yewtree report that Jimmy Savile was not part of a paedophile ring.

Yesterday Operation Pallial reported there had been 140 complainants from 1963 to1992. The report states, 'No evidence of systemic or institutional misconduct by North Wales Police officers or staff in connection with these matters has been identified.' Again there is no indication in the report of some widespread paedophile network.

If as some people have asserted children were being transported here and there to be abused, it would have been identified in the Yewtree and Pallial reports?
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skynews 10.30

William Roache (ken barlow) arrested on suspicion of sexual assault

edit..historical allegations
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For something that allegedly happened in 1967? Getting increasingly uncomfortable with these arrests, to be honest......
  • gemini666gemini666 Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    For something that allegedly happened in 1967? Getting increasingly uncomfortable with these arrests, to be honest......

Yes, I agree, I am too.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gemini666 wrote: »
    Yes, I agree, I am too.

Yeah, I mean, I'm genuinely all for people being made to account for their past actions, but too many of these claims seem to be very, very old and involve people about whom there hasn't been a whiff of scandal. How do you defend youself against the allegation that you sexually assaulted someone in 1967!?
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,778
    Forum Member
    So, Bill Roach gets into trouble for`rape comments` and weeks later is arrested on suspicion of`hisorical`rape? Hmm...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »

So am I.

Not that there is any reason to think that the allegations are not true, but there does seem that celebs/famous people are fair game as opposed to the 'office gropers' etc, who are not famous enough to merit headlines
  • fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So am I.

Not that there is any reason to think that the allegations are not true, but there does seem that celebs/famous people are fair game as opposed to the 'office gropers' etc, who are not famous enough to merit headlines

But the allegations aren't of groping - they're of rape of a fifteen year old girl. When he himself would've been 35. One might almost think that this sheds some light on his ridiculous comments of forgiving paedophiles, and victims bringing it upon themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the allegations aren't of groping - they're of rape of a fifteen year old girl. When he himself would've been 35. One might almost think that this sheds some light on his ridiculous comments of forgiving paedophiles, and victims bringing it upon themselves.

I apologise...the first reports did not mention rape at all
  • fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I apologise...the first reports did not mention rape at all

I apologise also, I didn't realise that :o
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    So am I.

That's the point though, we wouldn't necessarily know if those people had been arrested or questioned because it wouldn't be reported. That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening.
This discussion has been closed.