Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    So only one can be called scum and not both?

You seemed to be inferring that yourself.
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    I don't think this will change the view of anyone but I have to say it.

I am sickened at the idea of the atrocity let alone someone actually carrying it out. I'm disgusted that a fellow human is capable of such a deed and trying to gain some form of political/religious gain out of it. I wonder if this is an example of a failure of all humankind or specifically something within their culture, their upbringing or (clearly) their religion. I don't recognise their religion as being the same as mine. Nothing I have ever been taught in all my life matches with or even remotely suggests this is an act that is permissible let alone necessary.

I am saddened for the loss of life and the family affected - my gut wrenches at the whole thing. They need to be first and foremost in our thoughts. Let us fight intolerance and terrorism by not giving into their plots and desires to break us apart or striking fear into us.

Good post :)
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamez-fan wrote: »
    OH do the EDL hack serving soldiers to death?? do the EDL play pass the parcel with young pre teen girls???

That reminds me, as a white person I would also like to apologise for Stuart Hall, Jimmy Savile, Stuart Hazell, Mark Bridger... actually I could be here a while because I need to apologise for every white sex offender because, as a white person, I am obviously responsible for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Really?

There just happened to be two mentally unbalanced people who believed that an "We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" driving through Woolwich.

Having spotted a person on the pavement, they drove onto the pavement and struck the person, then got out and hacked him to death - and blow me coinkydink upon coinkydink - that person just "happened" to be an off duty soldier!!

Got to repeat..................really????

Maybe the suggestion is that to commit such a crime is suggestful of a mental instability.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

There just happened to be two mentally unbalanced people who believed that an "We must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" driving through Woolwich.

Having spotted a person on the pavement, they drove onto the pavement and struck the person, then got out and hacked him to death - and blow me coinkydink upon coinkydink - that person just "happened" to be an off duty soldier!!

Got to repeat..................really????

Exactly. Can we please stop blaming this on mental illness. We nutters are rarely violent and aren't known for travelling in packs either.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    Roll your eyes all you want . Religious fanatics are responsible for many appalling acts throughout history upto and including the present day .
    You would be foolish to deny this . Good evening .
    :rolleyes:

Non religious nutters do all that crap too.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Sky News

75-100 EDL Supporters.
    Missiles thrown. Glass bottles.

Wide area. Police having issues detaining them. It has become more serious in the past 10 mins or so.

Watching Sky now...EDL look an intelligent mob don't they?
  • Options
    RampentRampent Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    just watching the footage on newsnight and can't beleive that whilst a man with bloody hands and a knife raged at the camera, a woman calmly walked past him with her shopping trolley. I know Londoners are good at ignoring each other from what I've heard, but that's just bonkers.

That was pro insane!! The guy holding the phone/camera - I would have shat myself :eek::eek:
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Few pictures here as well: https://twitter.com/NicoHines
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    just watching the footage on newsnight and can't beleive that whilst a man with bloody hands and a knife raged at the camera, a woman calmly walked past him with her shopping trolley. I know Londoners are good at ignoring each other from what I've heard, but that's just bonkers.

I was :eek: at that, Christ I'm not a brave man but no way could I just stand back watch things like that happened, I would have got something heavy and smashed his head in.

All serving military should be required to carry their side arm when off base for personal protection,
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The West have carved up and divided the Middle East for centuries, in our own best interests. They have happily armed dictators, who are the only people able to control the disparate tribes. The best and only concern to the west was that generally these dictators were, on the whole benign. We reap what we sow. My late husband said that on the night Iraq was invaded. He knew, he was in the British military for 37 years as an officer. He was appalled at the invasion.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ryanbain75 wrote: »
    Maybe the suggestion is that to commit such a crime is suggestful of a mental instability.

Sorry, this is a terrorist attack on a member of HM Forces in reprisal for what they perceived as an attack upon them.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    so what do the knuckledragging morons from the EDL think they are going to achieve by rioting with the police?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These thugs wearing balclavas says it all.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    To show respect for the victim and to show cowardly terrorist scum we will not be intimidated by Fcukwit wa.nkers who attack kill or maim in the name of some bloody religion lets buy and proudly wear the help for hero's t shirt.

I already do and have done for a couple of years. Nothing to do with terrorist attacks. Everything to do with my family and extended family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newsnight: BBC terrorism expert saying one a Nigerian, radicalised by Il-Hajarum (sp?) in 2003 maybe known to the police; not confirmed but stopped by police trying to go to Somalia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I posted this link in the EDL thread but I'll make no apologise for linking it again...Woolwich attack: As the story of the killing breaks, the EDL will have something sinister in store

Thanks for this sniffle :)
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    The guy who was filmed talking to the guy recording didn't seem mentally unbalanced, he was calm, not shouting and knew what he wanted to say. He knew what he was doing and carried it out.

Yes. But in his mind he probably thought he didn't do anything wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stills of the man with the bloodied hands on the front pages of several papers tomorrow.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    that strange guy that was earlier on bbc news is now on sky. whats so good about him?

and already blaming the government for this again
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i do think that both the news and the government are perhaps making this whole situation worse by labelling it as a terrorist attack so early.
  • Options
    yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    The Telegraph has an interview with a woman who talked to the killers and kept their attention on her - pretty horrific, but interesting.

Confirms the apparent main guy wasn't drunk or high or obviously mentally ill, that he was coherent and knew what he was doing.

Also says that he wanted to "start a war in Britain tonight", so thanks, EDL, for doing exactly what he wanted :rolleyes:

Brave lady
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    You seemed to be inferring that yourself.

Um, how exactly?? sorry I am a bit confused by what point it is you are trying to make
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Once again, you have to acknowledge the role that western actions in the middle east have played in radicalising Muslims. That's not an endorsement of the attack in any way, simply a statement of fact. If this is sort of act is to be framed as a war of cultures or something, we can't pretend that our hands are clean.
    As I said before, we just cannot win though, the majority of Iraq were against Saddam, we removed him, yet still some Muslims hate us for the invasion and use it as a justification for terrorism. If we had carried on supporting Saddam, a secular dictator, that could also have been used as a justification for terrorism.
    FMKK wrote: »
    I would like to see where you've gotten the statistic that the people of Afghanistan and Iraq wanted the west to invade. Keep in mind that the west at different times supported the regimes of Saddam Hussein and the Taliban.
    I don't think there's any doubt the majority Shia of Iraq wanted Saddam removed. In Afghanistan's case, after the initial removal of the Taliban, most were in favour of their removal. If the Taliban and their other supporters from Pakistan hadn't continually sent in fighters for the past 10+ years the country could have been put on a stable footing. As it is, they have succeeded in creating enough conflict & instability to think any change might be better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    So the EDL have gone to Woolwich to get p1ssed in the local pub? Fools.
This discussion has been closed.