Options

Wolves Thread

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Why couldn't you take the lad with you?

Well I was only offered one free ticket for a start. Plus taking a 2 year old to a match is close to my definition of hell.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,048
    Forum Member
    Congrautlions guys.

See you all again next season.
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    What would be the expectation for Wolves back in the Championship next season?
    Will a season of solid mid- table be acceptable or will Jackett be under pressure to be aiming for Top 6?
    What are the chances of back to back promotions for Wolves, just like Norwich and Southampton have achieved in recent seasons?

Personally I'd be happy with a solid mid table finish but I think many Wolves fans will be expecting a strong tilt at the play offs. We've got 2 more seasons of premier league parachute payments so I'm guessing the board will be wanting us sniffing around the promotion race sooner rather than later
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    What would be the expectation for Wolves back in the Championship next season?
    Will a season of solid mid- table be acceptable or will Jackett be under pressure to be aiming for Top 6?

I would expect the Wolves to be challenging
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I was only offered one free ticket for a start. Plus taking a 2 year old to a match is close to my definition of hell.

Fair enough. I wouldn't take my 5 year old daughter to sit with me in the Kop at Meadow Lane
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I would expect the Wolves to be challenging

Yeah me too, even though you have been in League 1, your players, were mostly Prem Standard players,
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would also expect the Wolves fans to be challenging. I have to say Kenny Jackett has done a brilliant job, the main thing he has done is bring a sense of team spirit to the club, and got rid of the bad apples.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah me too, even though you have been in League 1, your players, were mostly Prem Standard players,

Really? I'd say we've got very few if any players who are Premier League standard. Maybe Sako when he fancies it, not sure who else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? I'd say we've got very few if any players who are Premier League standard. Maybe Sako when he fancies it, not sure who else.

Jamie O'hara?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jamie O'hara?

It's Good Friday not April Fools day mate.:D
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a dull game at Molineux today! ;-)
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is everyone drunk?!

Sounds like Molineux is foul of glory hunters ;)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 more points needed for the title.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice game for the 30k to enjoy in the sun!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Nice game for the 30k to enjoy in the sun!

Pity about the embarrassing 4 pitch invasions though!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

This is definitely the last time I turn down a free ticket! Although I did ask the boss for the day off and she said no.

I wonder when the last time we were involved in a 10 goal thriller was?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes - probably not regular fans?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Yes - probably not regular fans?

Did the pitch invasions come from the South Bank? In which case they probably were regular fans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did the pitch invasions come from the South Bank? In which case they probably were regular fans.

Yep - the invasions came from the south bank. When the rest of the South Bank chanted "Where were you when we were shit" a few of them waved their season ticket cards at us so at least some of them were regulars

No problem with an invasion at the end of the game although I don't quite know why it was necessary cos we hadn't won the title or anything. But invading after a goal was stupid and invading cos the ball had hit the side netting was just plain embarrassing!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is definitely the last time I turn down a free ticket! Although I did ask the boss for the day off and she said no.

Well, I tried my best to help out!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    By the way if anyone was wondering, last time there was 10 goals at Molineux was 27th November 1965 when we beat Portsmouth 8-2! We also lost 9-3 away to Southampton that year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Hi Rotherham fan here

I knew this would be a good game after the first game at New York stadium, wish I was there yesterday. A lot of our fans was full of praise for your fans not those that went on the pitch. Just like to congratulate you on a very good season. I know some may say you had the money but you have still got to get the right squad. Anyway good luck for next season and hope to see you there.

Up the millers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The referee would have been well within his rights to abandon the game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The referee would have been well within his rights to abandon the game.

He would yes, but it would have been a complete overreaction. I can't remember the last time I game was abandoned because of a pitch invasion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was one pitch invasion yes, I think when you get to 3 or 4 pitch invasions in the same match it probably isn't. It wasn't as if we had scored a last minute goal to get promoted.

What would have happened for instance if a Rotherham player faked injury, pretending he had being punched by a fan! (Extreme made up situation maybe, but certainly possible.)

But this is not unique to Wolves though. I disagree with pitch invasions from fans from all clubs.