The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either it's a nice piece if cheesy pop or a hunk?

Yes, you have to wait and see ;)

(Though I have been mistaken before. Hm. )
  • weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    CHRIST! My fantasy song's been nabbed by someone else! Pretty sure it'll win, it's quite excellent.

I will bet you a pound it wasn't my song. :D
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm pretty sure he's hoping it's not!!!!:p
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What else have you dredged up from the 80's :D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    In Eurovision news, this weeks TV Themes playlist is surprisingly hard going and I've no faith whatsoever in the song I've selected for fantasy.

In non-Eurovision news, I've just found out that I'm graduating Uni with a First Class degree :D
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Eurovision news, this weeks TV Themes playlist is surprisingly hard going and I've no faith whatsoever in the song I've selected for fantasy.

In non-Eurovision news, I've just found out that I'm graduating Uni with a First Class degree :D

That's brilliant news 21CB in the words of Silvia Night (no, not those ones!) congratulations you have arrived !
  • weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    What else have you dredged up from the 80's :D

The 80s is a bit modern for me. We haven't had any songs from Alma Cogan yet have we? (you might have to Google her, but I bet thms is a fan..) :)
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    That's brilliant news 21CB in the words of Silvia Night (no, not those ones!) congratulations you have arrived !

Thanks Anne! :D

One of my friends sang Congratulations by Cliff Richard down the phone to me when they found out- I can't escape Eurovision, even in the "real" world! :D
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Congratulations!! :D Brilliant news, I'm really pleased for you :)
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Congratulations!! :D Brilliant news, I'm really pleased for you :)

Thanks!

I had a bit of a wobble in my last few assignments because I only got a 3rd for one of them (it was about Hitler's use of propaganda, I think I can be excused) but all of my module grades overall averaged out as a first. Phew!

I'll have my votes with you, shortly! Just giving the Playlist a once over (for the second time!)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few Eurovision fanpages are posting that Cyprus has officially confirmed their 2015 participation.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Congrats 21CB! :)
    BBAnne wrote: »

:D
    Thanks Anne! :D

One of my friends sang Congratulations by Cliff Richard down the phone to me when they found out- I can't escape Eurovision, even in the "real" world! :D

Speaking of, he's been in the royal box at Wimbledon today with that shrivelled old hag, Cilla in tow.
  • MallaryMallary Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/07/03/jedward-sea-rescue-video-free-spirit/54689/

Jedward almost got taken by the tide! Even though back in Switzerland we don't have a coast, I know not to go off when the tide is out when on holiday or in the UK!
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    A few Eurovision fanpages are posting that Cyprus has officially confirmed their 2015 participation.

Surprisingly it's been confirmed they're returning to JESC which pretty much guarentees their return to ESC!
  • WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the return of Cyprus! I don't know why but I always like Cyprus. As for the Jedward story, I guessed something must have happened when a whole host of Waterline jokes came through my timeline.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats Jake! You should be estatic! :)
    Forum Member
    Congrats Jake! You should be estatic! :)

Thanks!

I'm very, very happy- although quite scared because I'm now in the big, bad world! I'm looking into routes into teaching so hopefully get a plan lined up soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was meant to share this a few days ago, but totally forgot. My boyfriend is from Holland, and even though he's practically fluid in English, he does sometimes get some things "confused". We were listening to the Eurovision CD when "Clichéd Love Song" came on. When Basim sings "She's so flaky", he turns to me and goes "Why is he singing about her having dandruff?" :D:D:D
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've currently received votes from:
    nunaney
    phill363
    kvn
    brb
    nick1990
    EuanDesu
    weedydiamond
    penguinperson
    ESC Ross
    Lisa.B

At the "10 votes" mark, I can tell you that we still have one entry on 0 points. It's all to play for, with some obvious front runners so far and some dark horses sneaking up...

Voting closes at 5pm on Sunday. Results should be at some point after 9pm, once I've had change to finalise the results. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was repiorted ages ago...

http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/06/01/eurovision-2015-cyprus-return/51956/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya Everyone! Welcome to Hatfield House in Hatfield, Hertfordshire for Fantasy Heat 2 :blush::blush::D (I mean, who doesn't wanna visit Hatfield?!? To quote Groupon: "Hatfield is a beautiful Saxon Town!")

Fantasy Heat 2 Submission is now [highlight]OPEN[/highlight]

The rules for the contest are simple. You can enter any song, as long as it hasn't been used in the past, been a ESC Entry or been performed at a national final. So please check before submitting! please consult the wiki for list of songs already taken from 2010-2013
    http://dsfantasyesc.wikia.com/wiki/DS_Fantasy_ESC_Wiki

Non-Voters will have their final result reduced by 33%, so make sure to vote!

Just PM me with your entry :)! Entries close Sunday 6th July at 21:00 and voting will open sometime on Monday 7th.

Goodluck :)!

31 entries so far! You have until Sunday to enter:)

21stCenturyBoy
    avb
    BBAnne
    big bro geek
    brb
    Chickens hit
    Cuishla
    ESC Ross
    EuanDesu
    Jaccobabe
    Jem Casper
    kvn
    Lisa.B
    NancyS
    nick1990
    NightFox_Dancer
    nunaney
    Only_You
    Pandora.
    penguinperson
    Phil363
    portugal
    QuartzMan
    spindiddly
    Stanld03
    steeleuro_wolf
    SubZER0
    TerryP
    thms
    weedydiamond
    Yugimuto1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »

It was rumoured, but not confirmed. Turns out they haven't confirmed for 2015 afterall, just for JESC and they are due to make a decision on ESC within the next week

http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/07/04/cyprus-cybc-eurovision-participation/54607/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was rumoured, but not confirmed. Turns out they haven't confirmed for 2015 afterall, just for JESC and they are due to make a decision on ESC within the next week

http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/07/04/cyprus-cybc-eurovision-participation/54607/

Ah silly Cyprus. Hopefully JESC means ESC as well :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started on this weeks list. V difficult
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    13 songs get a second listen. Have a feeling there will be a lot of changes in my ranking.

Most of these are new to me, thought they might be very well known for people in UK...
This discussion has been closed.