Options

Dark Angel (Starring Jessica Alba)

LMLM Posts: 63,510
Forum Member
✭✭
The horror channel have been showing the show from the start for the last two weeks and I finally caught up with the several recordings I did

I know the show didn't last long, but i have to say i am really loving the show so far. Anyone else like it?

Comments

• Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The horror channel have been showing the show from the start for the last two weeks and I finally caught up with the several recordings I did

I know the show didn't last long, but i have to say i am really loving the show so far. Anyone else like it?

Awesome show. I actually bought the boxset of season one and two. Don't have them now. Needed money so traded them but im gonna buy them again at some point. There is even 2 books. One is a prequel and one is set after the end of the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the last episode of season 2 a major cliffhanger or just open ended?
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Both, tbh.

Season 1 is great, 2 is...less good. I'd like to see a reboot or a continuation, but with less characters like Joshua.
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Joshua was my favourite character in Dark Angel, would have preferred more of him :D

It was a good show, should really have had another season to tie things up. I really must try to remember to buy the book that was set after it finished.
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    I liked Season 1 more than Season 2, and the impression I've got from reading various interviews is that some of the cast agrees with me.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is the last episode of season 2 a major cliffhanger or just open ended?
    It looked to be setup for a major cliffhanger and season 3 would have been quite different with a full on war but it never got tht far.

After I watched it I read up on it and it was apparently the schedulers that killed it off but putting it on at the wrong time, or wrong days, basically nightmare slots up against hit shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks

I know this show has always had a bit of a following and have wanted to check it out for years.
  • Options
    KeyboardSamuraiKeyboardSamurai Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed this show when I saw it some years ago, can't remember which channel it was on, I had Sky for a while, it may have been on the old SciFi channel.

I liked the atmosphere in addition to the very pleasing Alba, also, there were some quite well choreographed fight scenes as well.

I have all episodes of both seasons in .avi format, reasonable/passable quality and will be re-visiting this series soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah i loved the show...used to watch this and Alias alternatively from 2001 onwards...both Sydneys in my life :D

Yeah i did wish James Cameron got to do the third season as intended...i loved both seasons of the show very much :)
  • Options
    Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    There is even 2 books.
    Three, actually. Before the Dawn, Skin Game and After the Dark.

Del Rey in the States published all of them but Ebury in the UK only released the first two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Loved it, I agree season one was better. But I loved Jensen ackels (ap?) character development in season 2. Was gutted when it was cancelled.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Angel was the reason it took me so long to give Firefly a chance, as there were suggestions at the time that Whedon's show was part of the reason for Dark Angel's demise. Suffice to say, I was kind of bitter.

Still, we did get two full seasons and, as unresolved cliffhangers go, Dark Angel's isn't one that's particularly frustrating. Sure, there's a bunch of stuff that wasn't resolved, but there's no immediate "Aaaaagggh, how are they gonna get out of/undo that!!!???" scenario either.
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Dark Angel was the reason it took me so long to give Firefly a chance, as there were suggestions at the time that Whedon's show was part of the reason for Dark Angel's demise. Suffice to say, I was kind of bitter

God yeah, same here. :D ....then I saw Jessica Alba and all of my anger went away. :p

Apparently, she and Michael Weatherly (well before his head-slapped days on NCIS ;)) were a couple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use to be obsessed with this show it was so good, gutted that they cancelled it !
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard it was cancelled to make way for Americas next top model no other reason. Whatever reason it was. It should have had a final season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I heard it was cancelled to make way for Americas next top model no other reason. Whatever reason it was. It should have had a final season.

Dark angel was on a different network to Top model, so i doubt it. Top model was on UPN and Dark angel was on FOX
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    From wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Angel_(TV_series)#Broadcast_history
    The first season of the show premiered on Fox on Tuesday, October 3, 2000. The show aired on Tuesday nights after That '70s Show and Titus during the 2000–2001 television season

The following season, however, Fox moved Dark Angel to Friday nights preceding the network's new series Pasadena in order to try to reverse their string of bad luck with the Friday night death slot curse and to give the network's new series 24 a better time period during the week. Their efforts to improve Friday nights were unsuccessful though as Pasadena failed to find an audience and was canceled before the end of its first season on the night, while Dark Angel saw its second season audience drop by nearly 4 million viewers and was subsequently canceled. The final episode of the series aired on May 3, 2002 as a special 90-minute episode.

Though canceled due to sagging ratings in its second season, Dark Angel has been syndicated on the Sci-Fi Channel in the United States and E4 in the United Kingdom. In 2003, both seasons of the show were released on DVD.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this when it was on.

I can't remember now what was in series one and what was in series two but at first each episode seemed to be set up for JA to whup someone's ass, which was good fun...........then we had all the episodes about 'the facility' where 'they' experimented on people then all the episodes about the wolfman............

I remember it as tailing off but can't remember why............:o

Not watching it again though..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After viewing it as a whole, I have to say I am a fan. I liked the finale of season 2 and although not everything was wrapped up, i was happy with how the show left because it pretty much ended with everyone joining together fighting for unity.
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this when it was on, have both box sets though, remember getting the 1st one from Hong Kong on EBay :) so it has foreign language written all over it. I loved Joshua & the way he spoke "getting busy" :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed Season 1 but I think the show lost its way a bit with season 2 and as a result I kinda lost interest in it.
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember it just being the middle of season 2 that was awful, it started out and finished strong, I've never seen it since its first showing on Channel 5
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stone Free wrote: »
    I remember it just being the middle of season 2 that was awful, it started out and finished strong, I've never seen it since its first showing on Channel 5

The Horror Channel tend to air it, which is where i first watched it.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big fan. Loved the manticore kids story of running away and surving while hunted. More so their abilties and the Sandman's true intentions with his creations - which wasn't fully resolved by the end. The finale was good as it was open-ended.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great show. Still ranks as one of my Top 5 shows. Just a shame it was cancelled just when the overarching storyline was really kicking into first gear. Bloody FOX.