Most successful housemates after BB?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
Forum Member
I know Sam Pepper made over £1,000,000 through his Youtube career which started 2 months after he left BB, so he's almost definitely the most successful housemate in there for less than a month, but have there been any housemates more successful than him overall? If so, who?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Jade Goody
  • Jungle CatsJungle Cats Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chrisb611 wrote: »
    Jade Goody

I'm not sure I would consider dying at 27 a 'success'
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to go for alison,she's still on telly after all these years.
  • AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade Goody
    Chanelle Hayes
    Imogen Thomas
    Aisleyne Horgan Wallace
    Craig Phillips
    Allison Hammond
    Josie Gibson

Makosi has done very well after BB, shes a star in Nigeria, and has her own talk show, so she's doing pretty well.

Brian Dowling did pretty well, as he actually presented the show, for two years.
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member

She had a successful career. Don't be a smart-arse.
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Sam Pepper made over £1,000,000 through his Youtube career which started 2 months after he left BB, so he's almost definitely the most successful housemate in there for less than a month, but have there been any housemates more successful than him overall? If so, who?

What's a "Youtube career" when it's at home?
    And how could you make £1 million at it? :confused:
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    emptybox wrote: »
    What's a "Youtube career" when it's at home?
    And how could you make £1 million at it? :confused:

He uploads short videos weekly to YouTube and gets paid through ad-revenue and sponsorships. He also owns a snapback business. You can see his YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/Sam and his stats at http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/OFFICIALsampepper
  • Jungle CatsJungle Cats Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zadeth wrote: »

depends how you measure 'success'. I don't meausre success as how much money someone makes, but how much of a positive impact they make on society.

Jade's impact was nothing but negative
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Steven's a successful businessman. I believe he's been looking at a new opening this week. :D
  • goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zadeth wrote: »

By far the most successful, most since have been trying to recreate her formula.
  • FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Lawler has done well for herself doing radio presenting.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By far the most successful, most since have been trying to recreate her formula.

So true.:)
  • ArwenEvenstarArwenEvenstar Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As of May 2009 apparently Craig Phillips has accumulated wealth of £15,000,000

WOW!!!!
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven's a successful businessman. I believe he's been looking at a new opening this week. :D

He is also planning to visit 119 countries to open it :p
  • ArwenEvenstarArwenEvenstar Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Craig Phillips actually gave away his £70,000 prize money to his friend's niece so she could gave an operation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member

Neither would I, but in terms of success after BB, she got the most work and exposure out of it ........only my opinion of course
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a stupid reply that is.

Before she died she was a millionaire and, had she lived whould, I am sure have continued to do quite well.

We all know that she tried to "copy" Helen from BB2 and it worked because Jade was certainly anything but stupid and she invested in other things very well.

It would not have been in her plan to die.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna Nolan has a very successful tv and media career in Ireland

Brian Dowling is doing a pilot for a new game show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People always fight over these things (and tend to diminish the achievements of those they dislike). I think, a) we have to limit it to media success, and not try and discuss people who happen to be successful in completely different careers; and b) we have to overlook the fact that some media projects have been rubbish. I which case I will make a stab at putting them in order. (And I am inclined to treat Eire as if it was the UK even though it is a far smaller market.) I have missed out Deana because I'm not sure she actually gained anything at all by being in BB.

1. Jade
    2. Brian Dowling.
    3. Craig Phillips.
    4. Anna
    5. Alison
    6. Josie
    7. Kate
    8. equal, Aisleyne and Nikki, tied together forever.
    10. Ok, Sam, though the nature of his fame is a bit different.

11. Chanelle
    12. Adele
    13. Jon
    14. Spencer
    15. Sam and Amanda
    16. Brian Belo
    17. Gerry
    18. Benedict
    19. Grace
    20. Nick.

I've probably missed someone obvious. Still, it's the best I can do for now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    People always fight over these things (and tend to diminish the achievements of those they dislike). I think, a) we have to limit it to media success, and not try and discuss people who happen to be successful in completely different careers; and b) we have to overlook the fact that some media projects have been rubbish. I which case I will make a stab at putting them in order. (And I am inclined to treat Eire as if it was the UK even though it is a far smaller market.) I have missed out Deana because I'm not sure she actually gained anything at all by being in BB.

1. Jade
    2. Brian Dowling.
    3. Craig Phillips.
    4. Anna
    5. Alison
    6. Josie
    7. Kate

11. Chanelle
    12. Adele
    13. Jon
    14. Spencer
    15. Sam and Amanda
    16. Brian Belo
    17. Gerry
    18. Benedict
    19. Grace
    20. Nick.

You have a good memory... I dont remember some of those names .. but would agree with Jade being the name most synonmous with BB although I wasn't a fan.
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She made around £ 3 million to 5 million for her children before she dies IIRC, to bad according to the papers Mr Taxman grabbed back most of it. >:(
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1. Jade
    2. Brian Dowling.
    3. Craig Phillips.
    4. Anna
    5. Alison
    6. Josie
    7. Kate

11. Chanelle
    12. Adele
    13. Jon
    14. Spencer
    15. Sam and Amanda
    16. Brian Belo
    17. Gerry
    18. Benedict
    19. Grace
    20. Nick.

Really ?

I would suggest you look up on how well she is doing - which is pretty good.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alison Hammond(especially considering she only lasted a few weeks, which was a travesty)

Still hate Davina for revealing the voting percentages at the start which caused her to go>:(
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    "Fame" wise:
    Josie Gibson - Work out DVD/television appearances
    Sam Pepper - very successful on YouTube
    Anna Nolan - presenter of Irish Bake Off
    Alison Hammond - presenter on This Morning
    Jon Tickle - Brainiac: Science Abuse
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite the cheeky answers, of course Jade is up there as the most successful housemates.

BB3 gave rise to...
    Kate - TV presenting, modelling, DJ, current radio presenter. She has done very well
    Alison - Well known for her telly stuff
    Johnny - got some acting work. Was on Corrie in a minor role if I recall. Now running his own business

BB1
    Craig - millionaire x 15
    Anna - successful television career in Ireland

BB4
    Ray - successful radio career in Ireland for years but not sure what he is doing now