So NOW can we all buy Steve's Christmas single?

Comments

• amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Lizzy- no-one should tell anyone what they should and shouldn't buy.... but I'm not offended by anyone promoting something they like/recommend. Sorry if I've come over like that!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    amanduh wrote: »
    I think we need an entirely new one!! Would be nice to see a few new ones on the Now This is Christmas 1000 CDs!!

Well I do like the one on the Sky Movies Christmas Promo, by Orba Squara - It sounds newish.

Unfortunately can't get it here yet. I won't be classing SBs song as a Christmas Song even if it is Christmas Number One. So I do understand what you mean though.

I will just get my Christmas Tunes stuck on my iTunes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I do like the one on the Sky Movies Christmas Promo, by Orba Squara - It sounds newish.

Unfortunately can't get it here yet. I won't be classing SBs song as a Christmas Song even if it is Christmas Number One. So I do understand what you mean though.

I will just get my Christmas Tunes stuck on my iTunes.

Will check that one out. When I heard Steve was doing a Christmas single I was cock a hoop as there were rumours of a fantastic Christmassy one that I certainly hadn't heard of before, BUT, I think he went with Don't Give Up as it goes so well with the charity and is quite poignant for him given all the flack he's received after winning the ruddy show! :D
  • OvertheUnderOvertheUnder Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Why not if thats what people like and want to buy? Who are you, or anyone else for that matter, to tell me what I should want at Xmas number one.

Xmas number one is the song that the most people buy in that week, and everyone is free to choose for themselves what they want to purchase.

It could be X Factor or something completely different. The Music Police should give it a rest. :yawn:

I do understand what you are saying but the whole idea was for the british public to take back the Xmas No.1 spot away from X factor's artists, winner and losers. I do respect steve's choice to donate the profits to charity but it all seems a little contrived.

Also If people are free to buy the Xmas No.1 why does the X factor nearly always Railroad the whole thing??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Will check that one out. When I heard Steve was doing a Christmas single I was cock a hoop as there were rumours of a fantastic Christmassy one that I certainly hadn't heard of before, BUT, I think he went with Don't Give Up as it goes so well with the charity and is quite poignant for him given all the flack he's received after winning the ruddy show! :D

Why you get my post removed?

I know you got me banned the other week.

:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do understand what you are saying but the whole idea was for the british public to take back the Xmas No.1 spot away from X factor's artists, winner and losers. I do respect steve's choice to donate the profits to charity but it all seems a little contrived.

Also If people are free to buy the Xmas No.1 why does the X factor nearly always Railroad the whole thing??

I do see where you're coming from. Perhaps if Mr C hadn't been so greedy and released the winner's single in the new year, there wouldn't be quite so much 'interest' or campaigning?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again but for me, he's the White Witch from Narnia, making it always winter but never Christmas. :mad:
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is as likely to overtake the X Factor single as Wagner was to get to the semi-final and that was with his fans voting 10 times each for him, who's going to buy 10 singles a time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do see where you're coming from. Perhaps if Mr C hadn't been so greedy and released the winner's single in the new year, there wouldn't be quite so much 'interest' or campaigning?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again but for me, he's the White Witch from Narnia, making it always winter but never Christmas. :mad:

Yeah exactly - I personally wouldn't give a monkey's who's number 1 any other time of the year but I miss the festive spirit of hearing a light hearted or even serious toned Xmas no.1 like Slade or Live aid on the radio, or CD etc.

I cant see any of the most recent Xmas No.1 songs ever getting on the annual 'Christmas album'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah exactly - I personally wouldn't give a monkey's who's number 1 any other time of the year but I miss the festive spirit of hearing a light hearted or even serious toned Xmas no.1 like Slade or Live aid on the radio, or CD etc.

I cant see any of the most recent Xmas No.1 songs ever getting on the annual 'Christmas album'

Yep- we're long overdue a Christmas rip-roarer!

I hope he does really well this year, but whatever happens- I really hope he brings out that rumoured one next year... it's a pearler! (I'm so sorry to be a tease cos I don't know if I'm allowed to say!!) :o
    Forum Member
    he should sell a few on his tour then.

Funny his 'new tour' standing outside singing a few songs in shopping centres.

Not the Brompton Arcade is it?

What's next Bingo Halls?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coffee shops. Caffee Nero.

Do you want the dates?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the shopping centres and Caffe Neros are up on QRistmas.com minicooper!! No Pizza Expresses this time sadly. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Lizzy- no-one should tell anyone what they should and shouldn't buy.... but I'm not offended by anyone promoting something they like/recommend. Sorry if I've come over like that!!

You havent :)

It doesnt. Anyone who releases a single in time for XMas no 1 is in the running for Xmas no 1. The X Factor may choose to release the winners single in an attempt to get that slot, but that doesnt mean that they can force people to buy it. Its good marketing - they know the winner will have fans who will buy it, but equally they may CHOOSE not to.

Sir Cliff Richard could choose to release a song for Xmas week that is or is not an Xmassy tune and he would, I assume in that scenario, like to have the Xmas no 1. But again, people can CHOOSE to buy it or not.

Its all a case of personal choice. You can't blame the X Factor for choosing its release time carefully, anyone who wants Xmas no 1 is free to do the same - and its the choice of individuals which song, if any, they choose to buy and support.

All this whining from people, including some artists in the music field, that there's no point in anyone releasing anything these days as X Factor has it all sewn up are just silly in my opinion. I can't buy something you don't release and nor can anyone else. If you are that concerned about it, release a bloody good song and market it well - do the work don't just whine and whinge about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You havent :)

It doesnt. Anyone who releases a single in time for XMas no 1 is in the running for Xmas no 1. The X Factor may choose to release the winners single in an attempt to get that slot, but that doesnt mean that they can force people to buy it. Its good marketing - they know the winner will have fans who will buy it, but equally they may CHOOSE not to.

Sir Cliff Richard could choose to release a song for Xmas week that is or is not an Xmassy tune and he would, I assume in that scenario, like to have the Xmas no 1. But again, people can CHOOSE to buy it or not.

Its all a case of personal choice. You can't blame the X Factor for choosing its release time carefully, anyone who wants Xmas no 1 is free to do the same - and its the choice of individuals which song, if any, they choose to buy and support.

All this whining from people, including some artists in the music field, that there's no point in anyone releasing anything these days as X Factor has it all sewn up are just silly in my opinion. I can't buy something you don't release and nor can anyone else. If you are that concerned about it, release a bloody good song and market it well - do the work don't just whine and whinge about it.

Obviously other artists have opportunity to release their material for the Xmas No.1 but no one individual artist has the capacity to take on and beat Syco/X Factor purely on the merit of the music.

It will be a real shame we keep if having X factors artists releasing poor material and receiving the Xmas No.1 on a silver platter each year.

Even Steve can't beat Simon without an Internet campaign.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You say "Even Steve" like he is Bono :D

Mr B is a complete flop and this latest effort will be the same. The shame of it is that it is under the guise of being for charity when the reality is it is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to get "revenge" on his tormentor and one time mentor as evidenced by the "campaigns".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously other artists have opportunity to release their material for the Xmas No.1 but no one individual artist has the capacity to take on and beat Syco/X Factor purely on the merit of the music.

It will be a real shame we keep if having X factors artists releasing poor material and receiving the Xmas No.1 on a silver platter each year.

Even Steve can't beat Simon without an Internet campaign.

There are plenty of artists who diss XFactor (Elton John comes to mind) who have their own personal fortune and could easily release a good tune and market it appropriately with viral campaigns, radio play, tv ads etc etc if they want to. I say if they REALLY want to take away Simon's so called power, use their own power.

I would say that EJ amongst others, if they wanted to, could give the X factor single a run for its money probably even without the huge publicity.

But they choose not to.
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The winner's single, co-written by Cowell, sounds like another total bore.

As for Steve Brookstein's single. ... It sounds really good...Great song and brilliantly sung.
    For that reason I'll be downloading it.

If it keeps Cowell from making an extra fortune, as writer of the Christmas number one, that's a bonus.
  • philster1972philster1972 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Couldn't stand him or his singing?

Both!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    The winner's single, co-written by Cowell, sounds like another total bore.

As for Steve Brookstein's single. ... It sounds really good...Great song and brilliantly sung.
    For that reason I'll be downloading it.

If it keeps Cowell from making an extra fortune, as writer of the Christmas number one, that's a bonus.

I second those emotions.... glad you like it BillyBoy! :)
    And as for Mr C's supposed Footprints offering... he even nicked that idea!! He has NO shame. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    I will be buying this - well I shall be downloading it, as many times as I possibly can

I love this song - I like what it represents and I like that the proceeds are going to streetsmart

There but for the grace of life I dont have to live on the street. I dont have to be cold or wonder where my next meal is coming from.

I am far too lazy and selfish to give up my time but I wouldnt spend my hard earned money on a charity I didnt believe in

I dont expect anyone to do anything they dont want but neither do I see why people feel the need to deride others for the way they choose to help or raise awareness

Merry Qristmas

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    I will be buying this - well I shall be downloading it, as many times as I possibly can

I love this song - I like what it represents and I like that the proceeds are going to streetsmart

There but for the grace of life I dont have to live on the street. I dont have to be cold or wonder where my next meal is coming from.

I am far too lazy and selfish to give up my time but I wouldnt spend my hard earned money on a charity I didnt believe in

I dont expect anyone to do anything they dont want but neither do I see why people feel the need to deride others for the way they choose to help or raise awareness

Merry Qristmas

:D:D:D

I have given a donation to this charity last week and not bought the single.

It is a ok version but yet another karoke cover by Brokesteen.

I thought he thought his own music was great and did not want to do any more covers.

Obv Joe public think he own music is shite and he is using a charity to kick start his career..

Saddo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Oh Minicooper you make me laugh
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice enough lads but I don't do boybland. :)

I think they have enough fans to get them to number 1, you won't be missed.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Hey Everyone - where's your christmas spirit?

I am shocked that so many people believe what they read in the papers.

As far as I know, the Streetsmart charity approached Steve and his wife (who is now doing very well in the jazz music industry) to record the single (I think the charity suggested the song too).

If you like it and what it stands for then download it.

If you like the x-factor single and want Simon's smirk to get even bigger then do so.

Please do some real research before making horrible comments on these type of forums.

Best wishes to everyone for a very merry christmas :)
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D If only you could see Steve's wife, you'd realise how funny that particular and yet popular misconception is!!

http://www.eileenhunter.co.uk/

Mrs Brookie, I think you got caught out there. And Happy Qsmass to you too. ;)