Will Simon bring Dannii to America?

BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,714
Forum Member
I know most people think that Simon hates Dannii but she did X Factor for four successful years and is his chief judge on AGT. She has said she has been in contact with him since her departure from the X Factor and when Alan Carr asked her about BGT she acted all coy and just smiled.

So, does anyone else have the feeling, with the news of Paula and Nicole's axings, that Dannii might be headed stateside?

Comments

• rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Nope I don't think that Simon really wanted her on the panel and only kept her on here to make Cheryl look good but then Dannii started gaining alot of fans and Simon didn't like that
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love me some Dannii Minogue :p but she hasn't got a chance for X Factor US. She is virtually unknown to America, and would only be known as Kylies sister because at least in the UK Dannii was known also with her solo career (7 top 10's isn't bad in my books) yet the only significance of Dannii's career in the US was a few entrys on the US Dance chart but they don't really count for much.

Imo, if Simon had any sense to make them both work, he'd put Kelly Rowland in Nicoles vacant chair and bring Dannii back with Tulisa. The only thing that might be weird is that it was Louis/Tulisa Vs. Kelly/Gary. And if Dannii came back to Uk, we all know her chair is beside Louis seeing as they are good friends.

I really want Dannii back in the spotlight though. Whether it was X Factor or even filling in for Amanda on BGT. Hopefully she will soldier ahead with a new album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    No. They are looking for two big names that are well known to the American public.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Dannii: Hi I'm Dannii Minogue!

America: Who? You mean that woman who sang "Can't Get You Out Of My Head?. Did you dye your hair?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Dannii: Hi I'm Dannii Minogue!

America: Who? You mean that woman who sang "Can't Get You Out Of My Head?. Did you dye your hair?

:D ^ ^ ^ Exactly.

Besides after many, many years (a couple of decades actually)
    I think she likes spending a lot of time down under.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Dannii Minogue is the massive talent that a lot of people on here seem to think she is, then why doesn't she hurry up and release a new album, and steal that dominance off her elder sister once and for all?

It's not like she's got X Factor to distract her from plugging away at her music career now.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being Dannii back to X Factor UK I say. She was massively popular and probably the best judge/mentor.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSB1980 wrote: »
    If Dannii Minogue is the massive talent that a lot of people on here seem to think she is, then why doesn't she hurry up and release a new album, and steal that dominance off her elder sister once and for all?

It's not like she's got X Factor to distract her from plugging away at her music career now.

I think she rather likes bringing up her child and is in no rush to bring out an album (one was in the pipeline before she got pregnant). She's bringing her child up in Australia, so she must think it's a far nicer place to bring up a child than the UK.

Simon hinted in an interview that he would have Cheryl back on the panel, no mentions of Dannii, so you can take from that he's not interested in furthering her career.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Can't see Dannii appearing on either X factor anytime soon, she was having marital problems not so long ago and seems to want to concentrate on bringing her family up and being close to her husband (which is a refreshing change) she also has her fashion stuff and magazine columns, good Luck to her I say. I think X Factor has had its day but if Cowell can wring another series out of it he will...
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    p2bab wrote: »
    No. They are looking for two big names that are well known to the American public.

Those he got rid were not the biggest names available, but the way he did it may discourage people to participate in another Circus Cowell. Well, Sinitta and other hangers on probably wouldn't mind, hanging on, but isn't slowly a time he sod off with his tired old formula to obscurity? :mad:
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,714
    Forum Member
    I miss Dannii being on TV, I wish ITV2 showed Australia's Got Talent!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I love Dannii, but I don't think she would be asked to go to America. If anything, I think she would be back on the UK show, but who knows!
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he needs to get some really big names to save the show. I'd like her back on UK version though as she gave intelligent comments and didn't come out with old tired cliches like Biffa and Cowell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    p2bab wrote: »
    Simon Cowell is offering Beyoncé Knowles $100 million a year......

.....He wants a big-name female star on the panel,” a source told the Web site. “Mariah [Carey] is good, but she’s not that hot today.

“He wants Beyoncé because that would immediately give him the bounce needed to beat ‘American Idol.’ ”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/simon_wants_51HkpqK4jvkahwRXkGdzjI#ixzz1lJg043o6

I'm not a fan as such, but the Mariah Carey comment is a bit of a cheek, if true.

In answer to the OP: (imho) The introduction of Danii Minogue to US audiences could well result in "Cheryl Who?" - Part II
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    I know most people think that Simon hates Dannii but she did X Factor for four successful years and is his chief judge on AGT. She has said she has been in contact with him since her departure from the X Factor and when Alan Carr asked her about BGT she acted all coy and just smiled.

So, does anyone else have the feeling, with the news of Paula and Nicole's axings, that Dannii might be headed stateside?

Let me see...

NO!
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine that she would want to go, she has the option to say no. Simon may find people more inclined to say no, given that he gets rid of people that have worked hard for the show.
    He already manipulated the schedule for the UK X Factor so Dannii couldn't make it.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    I can't imagine that she would want to go, she has the option to say no. Simon may find people more inclined to say no, given that he gets rid of people that have worked hard for the show.
    He already manipulated the schedule for the UK X Factor so Dannii couldn't make it.

It's very public and never seen as positive. It's 'only business' for Simon, so I'm sure he understands when people tell him where to go.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Dannii would go down a storm in the US as she knows what she is talking about.

She is missed on the UK panel
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    No...