The Only Way is Essex [Part 2]

Comments

• chasing_starschasing_stars Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    I'm on Charlies side on this one. I do think he was wrong to bring it up and maybe should have done it in private. Gemma, I felt, overreacted and showed her true colours.

Charlie, never slept with her, get over it, doesn't mean to say that he's gay. He's already explained that he's only been intimate with 2 girls and feels that he's lacking in confidence. Gemma obviously pushed too hard to get what she wanted and he backed off and ever since, from what I've seen on TOWIE, she's not been backward in coming forward getting people that they never had sex (even telling Nanny Pat). Hence the questioning his sexuality and the comments. To say to your ex, I've met a masculine fella is rubbing his face in it and I can see why he got so annoyed. If he had said I've met a size 6 model, I'm sure she would have had plenty to say.

My respect for Gemma has gone. Can't wait to see the fall out on Sunday tho.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But then that wouldn't really make good telly would it? All the scenes are set up by production - I've no doubt the sentiments are genuine but the wheres and whens are set up.

What an odd way to lead your life. I bet they find it difficult to know what's real and what's not in their lives.

I don't think anyone here is under the impression scenes aren't "set up by production" but we are discussing what we have seen on the screen - we're not discussing people we know in real life, and I don't think anybody thinks these people are living their normal lives. We're discussing the characters on TOWIE, and the things they have done on our screens. It's exactly the same concept as people discussing soap storylines, you don't see why people jumping into those conversations saying " oh it's not real, why are you talking about this".
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    fairy_ wrote: »
    I don't think anyone here is under the impression scenes aren't "set up by production" but we are discussing what we have seen on the screen - we're not discussing people we know in real life, and I don't think anybody thinks these people are living their normal lives. We're discussing the characters on TOWIE, and the things they have done on our screens. It's exactly the same concept as people discussing soap storylines, you don't see why people jumping into those conversations saying " oh it's not real, why are you talking about this".

OK :confused:

. I was simply making an observation as it clearly runs paralell to their own lives - they are not made up characters I was just commenting on how it must affect their own lives/relationships.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK :confused:

. I was simply making an observation as it clearly runs paralell to their own lives - they are not made up characters I was just commenting on how it must affect their own lives/relationships.

Sorry, it wasn't really a direct reply to you just in general - there are a lot of comments in the thread about how it's all set-up and it's a point against that.

To reply actually to you though, I think a lot of them seem so vapid they wouldn't really have any concept of what's real and what's 'for the show' now anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    i dont think Gemmas reaction was planned, if it was then that was really good acting :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always found Gemma extremely hard-faced. I’d only just started to warm to her (I enjoy her sense of humour) when she goes and does this... while I’m certain most of this is staged, taking the scenes and characters at face value (or what’s the point? :D).....

Charlie may not have chosen the perfect opportune moment to talk, but if Gemma didn’t want to talk at that moment and in that particular place, there was nothing to stop her being mature and politely saying “this is not a good time, let’s meet up to talk later on” or “I don’t wish to talk”. Gemma chose to shout the place down. She turned an awkward situation into a public screaming fit – anyone who wasn’t aware of the conversation when it started sure was by the time she finished yelling, so discretion clearly didn’t matter a fig to her!

Gemma made constant underhand, sarcastic digs at Charlie in the street when he was with a friend - digs that revolved around his sexuality (what on earth does his sexuality have to do with Gemma if she’s so happy with her new partner?!). Since when was not jumping into bed with a girl straight away, or (God forbid!) not feeling attracted to Gemma, a sign that a person has no attraction at all to the female sex?! I’m not surprised Charlie wanted to approach her about it. These comments from Gemma are out of order, and clearly extremely bitter. If she was genuinely happy with her new man she wouldn't need to rub it in anyone's face.

“Rudeness is a weak person’s imitation of strength” and Gemma being unbearably loud doesn’t strengthen her arguments at all - she could scream “the sky is green” until she passed out, but it wouldn’t make it true. Calling Charlie “paranoid” (like it's all in his head) for bringing up her overt passive aggressive comments was extremely low.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Charlie was in the wrong for going upto Gemma. He caused this. However Gemma was great, she held her own, she was fierce, and she put Charlie in the corner! When Charlie first said about the Elton and David comment, and she was like, they dress well and the hang out. Was so funny. She didnt need to say it. Charlie got owned imo. And my how Gemma can yell! I think she put Charlie down to size by the sheer volume of her voice. One of my favourite confrontations of the entire show I think. Charlie was never gonna be man enough for a woman like Gemma. Maybe Charlie's lack of experience has given him a very wrong impression of what some women want these days. Kisses and cuddles only go so far for some. Charlie just needs to be off the show, get some confidence, stick it about maybe and be better for it.

Charlie is actually just as bad as Gemma. But because he doesn't carry on like Gemma who shouts and swears everyone thinks he's lovely.

I think he's quite a nasty and superior sort of person. He played Gemma on last night's TOWIE. Light the blue touchpaper and all that. There are number of reasons seen on TOWIE as to why people might have suspicions about his sexuality. And let's not forget, Charlie is very touchy about it.
  • WillardWillard Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Gemma have been my favourite person in TOWIE since series 2, she's fun and brings a laugh to the show but last night was just horrible, I love her but she was really out of order.

Charlie already has enough insecurities about his sexual history and now people are turning it into him being gay and if I were him, I'd be pissed off too. Gemma was accusing of him of being gay and not just gay but feminine and weak because he's not "macho and strong", so freakin what...it's ridiculous.

I can understand why Charlie is annoyed because he is straight and he doesn't want to to yell to everyone he's not gay as he doesn't want to come across as homophobic on TV. The whole show has lots of set up about it but it's still projecting these people to the world, and these people have an image and if I were Charlie, I'd be annoyed.

If Gemma had just attacked him like any normal angry ex, then fine i think it wouldn't have lead to this but it's more than that, and it's a little bit offensive and big headed to suggest he's gay, it's a form of bullying in the sense it's picking on someones flaw and yelling it out, it'd be like Charlie slagging her off for being overweight. She's just getting in there before his insults ever get that way, by shouting...

Not impressed. Totally with Charlie on this one, the guy's as straight as a ruler. It's beyond obvious.

If Charlie was gay then breaking up with her would be the perfect thing for him as he'd be free of her!!! But he's clearly irritated, why would he care otherwise.

I bet if Charlie had called her a fat bitch or something, she would have burst into tears and claimed he was a horrible man and she was a weak victim.
  • Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    Gemma was so bloody loud last night, I hope we don't have to hear that awful screeching again. I have completely gone off her now and I am liking Charlie more and more. So, are there any 'real' couples in this show anymore? I don't believe Joey&Sam are, neither Jess&Ricckkkyyyy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also worth considering – imagine, for a moment, that Gemma is actually right? That Charlie is actually gay, and either in denial or deeply confused and struggling with it.

Is yelling and vicious passive aggressive remarks really how a reasonable human being would treat a person struggling with their sexuality? No.

If Charlie was actually gay (as she keeps trying to imply) that would actually mean the relationship between him and Gemma broke down for reasons completely beyond Charlie’s control. It would obviously mean he had no ill feelings towards Gemma, and could also mean he’s going through a pretty rough time personally.

So, if Gemma believes he’s gay, why would she yell at him and make vicious remarks about it? She has a new partner that she's happy with, and Charlie is alone. A decent person would try to be supportive, not rub salt into an already difficult situation - especially considering that Charlie hasn't done anything bad to her. :confused:
  • I heart shoesI heart shoes Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Wow last nights show was a corker!!

The Charlie Gemma row made me laugh!! In my opinion she was wrong to go totally over the top and throwing that drink at the end was just childish. She clearly isn't over Charlie as she would of just calmly told him she didn't want to talk to him end of!

Had to feel for poor Bobby stuck in the middle!

Glad we saw Debbie with her new doggies! Very kind thing to save that dog from being put to sleep. She's one of my favorites.
  • DesmondpDesmondp Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    I never post in this thread because i am never upto date with it until now

For me this is the perfect show to watch whilst running on the treadmill, brainless fun

It is strangely addictive.

It seems as the series go on, the best looking people leave the show and they get uglier ones in board. Lydia's new friend is hideous

The only girl who i think is actually attractive is Lucy.

I find Charlie one of the most interesting characters and also Gemma because she doesn't really fit in

Arg has turned into a right plonker
  • EmmgremEmmgrem Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Right, only just caught up with Wednesday's show so here are my observations:

* Lucy & Mario scene! Sounds like the producers have been reading this forum as that's what everyone's been asking for! Lucy looked amazing but annoyed me how she says she feels wobbly and how she's not really done much exercising in the past - HELLOOO what about the Ibiza bootcamp she went on for like 6 weeks and it was all in the papers? And other bootcamps I'm sure she went on with Arg etc?
    Also made me laugh how Mario commented that he's a lucky guy to have her, whilst looking her up and down. Not bothered about her personality then lol? Only realising how lucky he is when she's stood around in a bikini and heels, hmm funny that haha!

* Mark got a mention!!! Since when has that been allowed with ex-cast? haha.. Mario said 'Diags has been tweeting about the whole Lucy and Mark thing'..

* When Joey was confiding in Arg about his situation wth Sam I noticed how Arg had to turn it all around to be about him and Lydia and how much he regrets what happened. Ughhh

* Loved Frankie, she looks great for all the weight she's lost and the lumpy tummy isn't noticeable at all, it's normal! Did Cara really need laser lipo? I thought she looked a healthy size. I do appreciate how the cast are so upfront and honest about the procedures though. It's refreshing rather than having to speculate about rumours all the time with other celebs!

* Why did Sam feel the need to wear her heels whilst sitting down in her own lounge? Also did I hear correctly when she said 'I've got NO KNICKERS ON'???? Wtf. On national telly?

* I loved Chloe. Fav character and she's so dignified and keeps out of the silly dramas. Her advice to Joey was great and her sly comment to Arg was briliant. I genuinely think he believed he's better looking than her :S

* Good on Billi for being so cool with Lydia getting with Tom K (this is how it should be done, take note Arg haha!)

* I loved the story with Debbie and the dogs. How lovely. I also thought Carol came across quite well in that despite what people usually think about her.

* As for Gemma and Charlie... Gemma's attitude is ridiculous and no idea why she had to raise her voice. She clearly isn't over Charlie and feels some kind of rejection because he didn't get that sexual chemistry around her and she thinks she's sex on legs. But all the passive aggressive stuff is really horrible.
    However I dont think Charlie shouldve started off so confrontational like that as he was just asking for trouble. I accept the producers clearly asked them to have this convo though!) There was no other point to Bobbi's night in terms of the show, bless him! Also I think Charlie does have a bit too much of an issue over the gay thing. Yes Gemma shouldn't bring it up but Charlie dwells on it instead of being the bigger person. If he isn't gay then he shouldnt care what other people think as he knows it's a lie. Or if he is gay then who cares? Either way he needs to learn to accept who he is and not let it get to him so much what other people judge him to be!

• nats18nats18 Posts: 8,192
    Forum Member
    While Charlie clearly caused it with the fact he went over. I found it funny somewhere in her screaming at him Gemma said he should not ruin Bobbys night. Even though they could've argued and not ruined his night if she'd kept her voice lower.
  • DesmondpDesmondp Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    The whether charlie is gay or not is one of the most intriguing storylines

He's definitely not your typical alpha male
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Charlie is actually just as bad as Gemma. But because he doesn't carry on like Gemma who shouts and swears everyone thinks he's lovely.

I think he's quite a nasty and superior sort of person. He played Gemma on last night's TOWIE. Light the blue touchpaper and all that. There are number of reasons seen on TOWIE as to why people might have suspicions about his sexuality. And let's not forget, Charlie is very touchy about it.

Agreed, its like there is some nastyness that goes on behind his eyes, its just not so clear to see. As for the gay issue, your right, he is very touchy about it. A little too much, which only serves to betray him when he denies the gay thing. Theres just something that, on the whole, does not sit right with him. And as much as I dont like him, and feel that I dont want to see him, he is good for drama, so at least he is good for something. I suppose he does add something a little different to the mix wasnt there before.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some fantastic analysis on here guys - wonderful to read.

I too have been a huge fan of Gemma's since she first appeared in S2, but she has gone right down the pan this season. She is just plain nasty.

In fact, me and my housemate were discussing one point in particular as we watched on Wednesday: most of the 'nice' characters from earlier seasons have been given a really nasty edge or have been demonised in some way during this suite of episodes (especially Arg, Gemma, Joey and to a far lesser extent Diags)
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lauren pope still getting younger I see now back to 28 in the papers today. I do like Lauren but I am sure she was about 19 when she first appeared on the glamour scene in the mid 90s.As believable as sam fairs being 22.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Lauren pope still getting younger I see now back to 28 in the papers today. I do like Lauren but I am sure she was about 19 when she first appeared on the glamour scene in the mid 90s.As believable as sam fairs being 22.

She is amazing looking for her age. I think she looks amazing, I think she has to be one of the best looking female celebs in the country at the moment. She is just so stunning. I think, in terms of looks, she could do a thousand times better then Tom P, he is more then lucky to get to handle that piece of finery.
  • Ellie666Ellie666 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think the Gemma problem and her loud yelling, is that they're not in public - they're in a private party full of extras
    i think the shouting was real though and proves what a classless lump she is.

i loved the Sam line - "come over here as I have no knickers on" line of the series (and i'm including all the previous series as well!)
  • DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught up with Weds Towie last night.

Blimey O reilly! Didn't Gemma aka Cruella de Ville, show herself up :rolleyes: .... Ok so it was odd for Charlie to approach her about this at a party (yeah, I know the producers made him) but fgs love, behave yourself. I bet her blood pressure was off the richter scale by the end of her shouting :D her face looked as red as.

Joey and Sam were really cute :D ... I know Joey isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's got some really lovely attributes .... he's really quite sweet :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he is more then lucky to get to handle that piece of finery.

lol :D

I'm guessing youre quite liking our Lauren Popey then Scotty :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Lauren G back too :cool: although I thought she looked a bit washed out.

And Elvis's poo was almost as long as himself :D lol ..... I don't know about any one else but I'd never choose to have a dog like that.

See how grown up Billi Mucklow is about Tom K moving on with lovely Lydia. Now if only Argent could take a leaf out of her book. And if he loved Lydia "SO" much, then why the hell did he sleep around behind her back and treat her like sh!te when he was with her? ..... Stupid sod :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devon wrote: »
    Nice to see Lauren G back too :cool: although I thought she looked a bit washed out.

And Elvis's poo was almost as long as himself :D lol ..... I don't know about any one else but I'd never choose to have a dog like that.

See how grown up Billi Mucklow is about Tom K moving on with lovely Lydia. Now if only Argent could take a leaf out of her book. And if he loved Lydia "SO" much, then why the hell did he sleep around behind her back and treat her like sh!te when he was with her? ..... Stupid sod :rolleyes:

OMG! The poo :eek: Once Elvis started pooing, that was just gross. I had to look away, the same when we saw him having a wee. I think animals p-ssing and sh-ting being filmed and shown on telle is gross. I dont need to see Elvis doing a two, like, it actually coming out of his ass. Just the humans reactions would of been enough to get the point across that he was pushing out a whopper. But thats just me, I hate that sort of thing. As for Arg, you are so right. He really is a stupid sod, he should accept that he can no longer make her happy. Her happiness should still mean something to her if he does in fact still love her or even want the best for her at the minimum. Arg is just a really good example of how a human being should not be like. The only way is up for Lydia in my eyes (to coin part of a phrase).
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, its like there is some nastyness that goes on behind his eyes, its just not so clear to see. As for the gay issue, your right, he is very touchy about it. A little too much, which only serves to betray him when he denies the gay thing. Theres just something that, on the whole, does not sit right with him. And as much as I dont like him, and feel that I dont want to see him, he is good for drama, so at least he is good for something. I suppose he does add something a little different to the mix wasnt there before.
    Some fantastic analysis on here guys - wonderful to read.

I too have been a huge fan of Gemma's since she first appeared in S2, but she has gone right down the pan this season. She is just plain nasty.

In fact, me and my housemate were discussing one point in particular as we watched on Wednesday: most of the 'nice' characters from earlier seasons have been given a really nasty edge or have been demonised in some way during this suite of episodes (especially Arg, Gemma, Joey and to a far lesser extent Diags)

One thing is - Charlie tries to be very superior. That's why the show have partnered him with the very loud Gemma! Seriously, wasn't his sexuality always going to be in question when he had Gemma round to watch Titanic - his favourite film? Then she allowed him to make that sketch. Which was a complete joke. No wonder she is a bit peed off with him.

The show know they are onto a winner when Charlie & Gemma meet. Throw a gay person, Bobby and boom. Also remember, there have been other screaming matches from the women on TOWIE. The audience love a slanging match.

Lauren and Sam
    Jessica and Billi
    Billi and Arg

Billi isn't too far behind Gemma but Gemma is the top TOWIE tantrum thrower. So doesn't it stand to reason that the show will be looking for more? :D:eek::confused: