Options

Everyone's been fooled by Lucy .

Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Everyone is conveniently forgetting that Lucy has only "pretended" to be nice and friendly SINCE Amy alerted her to the fact that she was being portrayed as a bullying hag . As soon as it dawned on her that she was coming across badly , she suddenly changed her ways and played the part of the victim .

She's as fake as her plastic comedy boobs !

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy has been a good down to earth worker. There's nowt wrong with that.
  • Options
    kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Everyone is conveniently forgetting that Lucy has only "pretended" to be nice and friendly SINCE Amy alerted her to the fact that she was being portrayed as a bullying hag . As soon as it dawned on her that she was coming across badly , she suddenly changed her ways and played the part of the victim .

Lucy hasn't fooled anyone . Throughout the series she has been constantly either openly scathing of the others , or obviously faking compassion and support for others. ( You only need to look at her face when she thinks she may not be on camera.) Why she wasn't the first to be voted out defies belief. >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only people fooled were the sad ones that took in the hatchet job done on her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ericos wrote: »
    The only people fooled were the sad ones that took in the hatchet job done on her.

Lucy admitted in tonight's show that she's hasn't been herself in the jungle .

She said she'd normally "blow up" but " she couldn't in here ".

Unbelievable how many of you have been taken in by this "actress " .
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you are seriously deluded ..what utter rubbish
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's bitten her tongue not to make a terrible atmosphere in camp, takes a lot of determination, and Amy should be thankful :D
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    she's bitten her tongue not to make a terrible atmosphere in camp, takes a lot of determination, and Amy should be thankful :D

exactly
  • Options
    longpiggylongpiggy Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet no-one from the camp has really had a bad word to say about her! O.K. People who lived with her, random (slightly offensive, but so have I in the past so not holding that against you) person on a message board. Mmmm toughy on the who to believe stakes;-):o
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What makes you think people like or vote for her because she's suddenly started being nice to Amy?

Also I don't think she's suddenly started being nice, I think they just cleared the air over their minor disagreement. I certainly don't think she "was alerted to the fact she came across as a bullying hag by Amy" because she isn't one and hasn't been coming across as one.

Not to any non hysterical bandwagon jumping viewer anyway.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Lucy is being nicer to Amy because they made up by clearing the air between them. Lucy is also unaware of the lies that Amy has told her, so as far a she is concerned, she doesn't have any personal problems with Amy. Her only issues with Amy would be the same as the other camp mates.. irritated at some of Amy's selfish habits.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well in that case I admire her self restraint and ability to control herself in difficult circumstances.

People have different personalities and not everyone can take personality clashes, stress, conflict and lack of food in their stride.

I have far more respect for someone who finds that difficult to deal with but just gets on with the minimum of fuss and with only the odd minor conflict than someone who can breeze through it naturally with a smile on their face.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been fooled by her. I like her. All this bullying claptrap is laughable. The things being said on this forum and other internet places about Lucy is far far far worse than anything she has said about Amy but because she is a contestant on a show like this, that makes it ok?

Why does Lucy have to be jealous of Amy? She has a successful career, a gorgeous partner and a beautiful daughter. Why just because a woman doesn't like another woman, does she have to be instantly jealous yet when Matthew had an issue with Joey, people weren't saying he was jealous of his six pack or how attractive he was. He was just annoyed. Why is that ok but doesn't work the same way for Lucy. She HAS to be jealous.

Most of the camp mates have had an issue with Amy over her laziness and selfishness, not just Lucy. Rebecca and Kian have both said that she isn't a team player and that doesn't work in an environment like that. Lucy is trying to keep a lid on her anger at Amy's lack of team spirit and that's what's making her seem snarky. I'd be livid with Amy if I was living in that enviroment. You can't escape the people that get in your nerves.

She gets on with everyone else, seemed to really like Joey too and not one camp mate has had a bad word to say about her.

There have been some horrendous things said about Lucy on the net, even people wishing her dead which is disgusting and totally unwarranted over a flippin' reality show. That is far worse than her having a few harsh words to say about a fellow campmate. Why is that acceptable but Lucy's attitude isn't? Armchair warriors with nothing better to do than spew hatred and death threats about someone they see clips of during a 60 minute show for three weeks a year.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ Excellent post Fumb. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know who I am nominating for the 'this years bitterest forum member' award...;-)
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only person fooled is you.....With your blind obsession with Amy :kitty:
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It say's it all about this years editing and hatchet job on a campmate when the people who have LIVED with them for 3 weeks 24/7 cant believe negative comments coming out of the jungle about that person and that is Lucy,(all the ex campmates have nothing but good to say about her) from day one she has been set up as the hate figure,(especially by the disgusting Swash thing on ITV2) it said a lot last night when Alfonso and Rebecca could not say anything good about Amy..... JMO of course.
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You've lost it now and are just making yourself look even more stupid on here seen as you can't post how nice and honest Amy is . To be honest I think your better off sticking to putting those threads back up but I suppose your now trying to do. What you accused Lucy of doing what a hypocrite :)
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We - the viewers - only see the side of all the camp mates that the editors want us to see. It (probably) isn't in their interest to edit the show so that everyone seems nicey-nicey, so they pick out all the most controversial minutes of each 24 hours.

For example, they showed Matthew getting angry at Rebecca, telling her not to tell him what to do. But they didn't show what led up to that, making him look as bad as possible.

As to Lucy, not one of the evicted camp mates have had a bad word to say about her. As they're the ones who have been with her 24/7 for the past 3 weeks, I think I'll accept their judgement over the editors cut!
  • Options
    SquishySquishy Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you let me know what channel thsi version of IAC is on? Because it's really not the ITV1 version I've been watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only person fooled is you.....With your blind obsession with Amy :kitty:

Errr I'm actually a supporter of David .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greenyone wrote: »
    You've lost it now and are just making yourself look even more stupid on here seen as you can't post how nice and honest Amy is . To be honest I think your better off sticking to putting those threads back up but I suppose your now trying to do. What you accused Lucy of doing what a hypocrite :)

I think you'll find that Lucy is the hypocrite by attacking Amy in the first place about her looks and then constantly suggesting that she "put some clothes on" .

All a bit rich considering Lucy has been the one who's had her ridiculous looking , FAKE boobs bursting out of her top for two weeks .
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fumb Duck wrote: »
    I haven't been fooled by her. I like her. All this bullying claptrap is laughable. The things being said on this forum and other internet places about Lucy is far far far worse than anything she has said about Amy but because she is a contestant on a show like this, that makes it ok?

Why does Lucy have to be jealous of Amy? She has a successful career, a gorgeous partner and a beautiful daughter. Why just because a woman doesn't like another woman, does she have to be instantly jealous yet when Matthew had an issue with Joey, people weren't saying he was jealous of his six pack or how attractive he was. He was just annoyed. Why is that ok but doesn't work the same way for Lucy. She HAS to be jealous.

Most of the camp mates have had an issue with Amy over her laziness and selfishness, not just Lucy. Rebecca and Kian have both said that she isn't a team player and that doesn't work in an environment like that. Lucy is trying to keep a lid on her anger at Amy's lack of team spirit and that's what's making her seem snarky. I'd be livid with Amy if I was living in that enviroment. You can't escape the people that get in your nerves.

She gets on with everyone else, seemed to really like Joey too and not one camp mate has had a bad word to say about her.

There have been some horrendous things said about Lucy on the net, even people wishing her dead which is disgusting and totally unwarranted over a flippin' reality show. That is far worse than her having a few harsh words to say about a fellow campmate. Why is that acceptable but Lucy's attitude isn't? Armchair warriors with nothing better to do than spew hatred and death threats about someone they see clips of during a 60 minute show for three weeks a year.
    Well said. The jealousy thing is just a symptom of misogyny. According to those people, men are allowed to be individuals, while women have to conform to a set of predetermined negative stereotypes. If Matthew doesn't like someone, it isn't put down to some pre-determined male neurosis, but to him.

If I was to be jealous of someone, I'd be jealous of double gold medal winner, not Amy. Amy's aspirations and lifestyle don't have any meaning to me but that idea seems to be beyond some people who only see women in certain narrow terms which reflect their own neuroses (sometimes that women are only worth someone if they can fancy them (and they're likely to pander to them) or if they can make their dinner.).
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm no Lucy fan but I will concede she's played this brilliantly, and I do respect that. If anyone believes for a second no one's playing a game than they're foolish. Celeb RTV is all about being self-serving and boosting your own profile, and they've all done this (admittedly in different ways), and Lucy has done it well. This whole "Jungle Mean to Jungle Queen: The Redemption of Lucy Pargeter" saga isn't my cup of tea, but credit where credit's due, she's done it well. I've never had a problem with people 'game-playing' on RTV shows like some seem to, and I do prefer a well played game over "being real" (or at least the claim of "being real") Out of the three, Lucy's my third fave to win, but if she pulls it off, all credit to her.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    I'm no Lucy fan but I will concede she's played this brilliantly, and I do respect that. If anyone believes for a second no one's playing a game than they're foolish. Celeb RTV is all about being self-serving and boosting your own profile, and they've all done this (admittedly in different ways), and Lucy has done it well. This whole "Jungle Mean to Jungle Queen: The Redemption of Lucy Pargeter" saga isn't my cup of tea, but credit where credit's due, she's done it well. I've never had a problem with people 'game-playing' on RTV shows like some seem to, and I do prefer a well played game over "being real" (or at least the claim of "being real") Out of the three, Lucy's my third fave to win, but if she pulls it off, all credit to her.

Oddly, of the remaining three, I think Lucy has done the least gameplaying. She has no control over the edit and it's the edit that's created this "Jungle Mean to Jungle Queen" fallacy. She was never Jungle Mean in reality, and it's only the edit that's led some people (very begrudgingly) to 'Jungle Queen'.

The reality is, Lucy has been constant throughout - neither mean nor queen - just her real, hardworking, straight-talking self, and we know this because practically all the other campmates have said so.
  • Options
    KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I do wish you wouldn't insult the lady's looks calling her a 'hag' etc,there's no need for it and distracts from your point which has merit.

I don't mind Lucy being top 3 but will be very upset if she wins because frankly she doesn't deserve it.

She WAS bitter and resentful towards Amy right at the start and I for one haven't forgotten that.

However,I didn't realise people hated her as much as they seem to. Lucy is just a normal woman, human, with insecurities and frailties.

However she is not the nicest camp mate and does not deserve to win. If her winning is caused by some sort of ironic feminist backlash the irony will be on the victors I'm afraid.