deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm up for it again this week even if I will be well off the pace again
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, nobody's beating Entropy are they?

But I'm still in challenging for 5th spot. I like seeing where people make their time and what lines they take etc.
  • Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool....someone name a track & car and off we go :-)

I've got a pretty mean F1 tune if anyone wants the build, I'll PM it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I am up for restarting this but not got much time this week. Why don't we just work through the spec rivals left in order so start with the Glory Days and so on each week?

Also would like to try your F1 tune if you could PM me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure if everyone has got bored of this or are busy playing Titanfall.

I noticed the second bounty hunter is up today if anyone fancies giving this a crack this week? It is the Maclaren MP14-C round Spa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're all playing Titanfall amongst other things (that plant & vegetable shooter thing???).

I'm ready to go whenever, I haven't done a huge amount of hot lapping recently, mainly been racing online in P&X Class over the last few weeks.

I think realistically people are gonna keep playing other new titles as and when they come out so maybe just have a time check every two weeks and then move onto the next challenge.

Lets start from today with that McLaren round Spa challenge monthly challenge and hopefully this time next week we'll see some times up.

how did you get on with that tune? I took another second off Road Atlanta with it, basically take the first corner in sixth flat, and then take the kink flat....all you gotta do then is get it through that chicane at the end (use 3rd).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Must confess not tried your F1 tune out yet, must have a look later. I need to revisit some of my X class times as a lot are set with the stock car.

The Spa challenge looks quite a good one. At first I hated the car as has a tendency to push on in almost every corner but starting to adapt how I drive it and found a couple of seconds since yesterday. A couple of 1/100's of Mechberg at the moment but know I should be a able to get into the 31's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just had a quick go on Road Atlanta with your tune. Wow what a difference, 3 laps and a second quicker than my previous best and not a good lap by any means. Still need to get line right through that second chicane to take it flat. Did a 38.1 dirty so just need to string it all together to improve on my current 39.4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well only two DS times posted so far with me on a 2.31.9 and smcbeath on 2.33.4.

Mechberg's time is a 2.31.1 so just out of reach sadly for me. Think this ends in an hour if anyone wants a late attempt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scottkil wrote: »
    Well only two DS times posted so far with me on a 2.31.9 and smcbeath on 2.33.4.

Mechberg's time is a 2.31.1 so just out of reach sadly for me. Think this ends in an hour if anyone wants a late attempt.

Yeah my bad, I didn't realise we were so short on time to get that challenge done, I'm looking forward to next months challenge.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to lose a little interest in the game, it's pretty much the only thing I play on xbox (starting from Fm3) but I'm finding myself craving something else when only a few races in. I tend to just race the F1 car online at the mo.

I think it's probably because of how slow the game is, too many cut scenes to navigate and the whole inability to change tuning without having to back out to the main menu every single time is ruining hot lapping for me. I'm used to tweaking a car a single value at a time on some parameter and it's just impossible on this.

Enjoying the graphics and gameplay, not enjoying the UI or lack of things such as timing/positional data during races. I'm gonna state it now that I think we'll never see that marketplace that's been 'coming soon' since the launch. I think we're gonna get minimal DLC once the obligation to provide for season pass holders is over and then they're going into development for Fm6.

I think after 3 months of playing this game solidly the only real differentiation I can see between it and Forza 4 (which I consider the benchmark) is:

Open Wheel Cars
    Better Graphics

Which on their own are great, but put up against what we've lost, for me means it's a lesser game overall than Fm5 and I hope T10 do a really thorough job of Fm6. I'm really looking forward to Project Cars and weirdly I'm intrigued to see if the F1 games get a drastic overhaul for the X1 and make them a bit more sim based.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah my bad, I didn't realise we were so short on time to get that challenge done, I'm looking forward to next months challenge.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to lose a little interest in the game, it's pretty much the only thing I play on xbox (starting from Fm3) but I'm finding myself craving something else when only a few races in. I tend to just race the F1 car online at the mo.

I think it's probably because of how slow the game is, too many cut scenes to navigate and the whole inability to change tuning without having to back out to the main menu every single time is ruining hot lapping for me. I'm used to tweaking a car a single value at a time on some parameter and it's just impossible on this.

Enjoying the graphics and gameplay, not enjoying the UI or lack of things such as timing/positional data during races. I'm gonna state it now that I think we'll never see that marketplace that's been 'coming soon' since the launch. I think we're gonna get minimal DLC once the obligation to provide for season pass holders is over and then they're going into development for Fm6

I think after 3 months of playing this game solidly the only real differentiation I can see between it and Forza 4 (which I consider the benchmark) is:

Open Wheel Cars
    Better Graphics

Which on their own are great, but put up against what we've lost, for me means it's a lesser game overall than Fm5 and I hope T10 do a really thorough job of Fm6. I'm really looking forward to Project Cars and weirdly I'm intrigued to see if the F1 games get a drastic overhaul for the X1 and make them a bit more sim based.

BIB - Agreed. The inability to alter anything in the race menu is frustrating. The fact that you have to watch the post race sequence annoys me no end. I just want to get on with it. And was thinking the same about the marketplace mystery.

I can understand the boredom factor. It's a problem I find with racing games. Well, in truth, most games. I tend to play in bursts of 1-2 hours. I can only really do long stints on specific games. Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Borderlands, Mass Effect. Hell, I played Skyrim for 5 months solid straight from release without touching another game.

Didn't know there was a challenge on. Will get back on this at some point this week. Finished with Titanfall for now and finished all the Dead Rising DLC.