Katherine Jenkins 9.15am BBC1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 421
Forum Member
Hi everyone,
I was ready to totally slate her presenting skills and thought this week of specials commemorating the start of WW2 would be tacky and purile, but blow me ,she's very good and natural, a breath of fresh air.:D:D
Really very nicely surprised, well done Kathrine.:D:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    worth a knicker sniff via iplayer me thinks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked her.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HisMaj wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I was ready to totally slate her presenting skills and thought this week of specials commemorating the start of WW2 would be tacky and purile, but blow me ,she's very good and natural, a breath of fresh air.:D:D
    Really very nicely surprised, well done Kathrine.:D:D

probably took lessons from her boyfriend
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not very good, but then again she's probably perfect for the target audience
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not very good, but then again she's probably perfect for the target audience

my snake enjoyed it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At least she isnt as annoying as Claire Sweeney
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least she isnt as annoying as Claire Sweeney

Here here :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LeeSheard wrote: »
    my snake enjoyed it :)

:D

She's not awful but I prefer the singing :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks like a thunderbird puppet!

I prefer Charlotte Church to open the six nations rugby!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    are the puppies on display or not?
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How condescending! The people who watch are like me - brought up in the war and "did their bit". If it wasn't for us you wouldn't be able to talk like that.

Anyway I think she is great and so pretty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    How condescending! The people who watch are like me - brought up in the war and "did their bit". If it wasn't for us you wouldn't be able to talk like that.

Anyway I think she is great and so pretty.

No offence everything on telly has a target audience :o
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what is the "target audience" then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she seems a bit plastic to me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevosowl wrote: »
    she seems a bit plastic to me

Yes she does look like she has had "the builders" in
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attractive woman, but she looks almost like a mannequin because she slaps so much make-up on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Attractive woman, but she looks almost like a mannequin because she slaps so much make-up on.

I dont mind women wearing make up but when its applied with a trowel then no
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Katherine Jenkins has been hired to host this programme and frankly I find her painful to watch. She is stiff, arch and charmless. This morning she reacted to an interviewee in such a way that it was clear she had no interest at all in what they were saying. Why is Michael Aspell hanging off to the side - it would be better if he was in charge of proceedings and if they want to bring in the "puppet" who they are trying to make into a new forces' sweetheart so be it. Give her 2 minutes. Also are there any true grounds for her to be a new sweetheart? I find it hard to imagine. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzassss wrote: »
    Also are there any true grounds for her to be a new sweetheart? I find it hard to imagine. :cry:
    Since La Sweeney disappeared, then yup Jenkins could very well be
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Since La Sweeney disappeared, then yup Jenkins could very well be
    Then what do I know. Didn't know Sweeney was either. I will have to pay more attention to this critical question in future :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then what do I know. Didn't know Sweeney was either. I will have to pay more attention to this critical question in future :eek:

Yes La Sweeney was the New" Forces Sweetheart"
    In December 2009 she stars as Carrion the Wicked Fairy in Sleeping Beauty alongside comedian Kev Orkian (who?) at The Churchill Theatre, Bromley, sounds lke she has found her level
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katherine Jenkins has been hired to host this programme and frankly I find her painful to watch. She is stiff, arch and charmless. This morning she reacted to an interviewee in such a way that it was clear she had no interest at all in what they were saying. Why is Michael Aspell hanging off to the side - it would be better if he was in charge of proceedings and if they want to bring in the "puppet" who they are trying to make into a new forces' sweetheart so be it. Give her 2 minutes. Also are there any true grounds for her to be a new sweetheart? I find it hard to imagine. :cry:

Perfectly said. I would have been very interested in the programme's content but a few minutes of Katherine left very disappointed.

Keep to the singing, Katherine!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I agree with cazzassss - She seemed to have memorised a script and did not appear to be taking note of what people responded, only what she had asked them so there was no natural flow. I was surprised that an actual evacuee such as Michael Aspel was sidelined into giving his experiences when he has the gravitas to have carried the whole programme with no assistance from Katherine. I found her extremely wooden and lacking in empathy with the people she spoke to.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    Perfectly said. I would have been very interested in the programme's content but a few minutes of Katherine left very disappointed.

Keep to the singing, Katherine!

Oh, but I wish she wouldn't - she sounds (and looks) like a ventriloquist's dummy whenever she sings. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Oh, but I wish she wouldn't - she sounds (and looks) like a ventriloquist's dummy whenever she sings. :eek:

only if Gethin Jones (her boyfriend) as his hand up her back drinking a glass of water:D