Options

I Think We Need A Memorial Thread

Comments

• Options
    RedRose9191RedRose9191 Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've already posted a thread about this, but my 7 and a half year old guinea pig Molly died on Friday. She took ill on the Thursday night and died Friday afternoon. The vet said she probably had a stroke.

I gave her lots of cuddles all throughout Friday morning but right before she'd died I'd put her in her pet carrier so I could go to the toilet. I was literally gone for three minutes at the most but by the time I'd got back, she was gone :(

Here she is
    http://i62.tinypic.com/k9hrti.jpg
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP ruby,
    I got her just before xmas, rehoming from Cats Protection. She had kidney disease..I knew about this.
    She was fine for a while, but last week started not eating.
    Been in and out of the vets all week and today they told me she'd had major kidney failure, and the best thing was euthanasia.

Id just had her a couple of months, but had grown so fond of her, but I always knew this could happen when I took her in.
    At least she had a nice comfortable home for the last months of her life.
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is so sad Hotelier. You gave her the love and caring she needed and deserved at the end of her life. Well done you. x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    Hotelier wrote: »
    RIP ruby,
    I got her just before xmas, rehoming from Cats Protection. She had kidney disease..I knew about this.
    She was fine for a while, but last week started not eating.
    Been in and out of the vets all week and today they told me she'd had major kidney failure, and the best thing was euthanasia.

Id just had her a couple of months, but had grown so fond of her, but I always knew this could happen when I took her in.
    At least she had a nice comfortable home for the last months of her life.

Exactly :( the little love knew she had a good home in her last few months. This story really touched me as I can't imagine losing MY little Ruby. Sending all my thoughts to you xx
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »
    That is so sad Hotelier. You gave her the love and caring she needed and deserved at the end of her life. Well done you. x
    Emzie21 wrote: »
    Exactly :( the little love knew she had a good home in her last few months. This story really touched me as I can't imagine losing MY little Ruby. Sending all my thoughts to you xx

Thanks, Your messages are very much appreciated.

I lost my cat of 18 years(had since a kitten) in December, sill greiving for him.
    I'd grown so fond of Ruby in the short time I had her though, she was such a help in taking my mind of 'Kipper' a bit, she was a lovely little cat.

Take care all of you..much love to you all, and your animals.
  • Options
    MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got Hans's ashes back last Friday, so I've cleared the top section of my bookcase and I've got his and John's ashes in their boxes opposite each other with a pic of each of them.

Some people may say it's a bit sad doing that as they were only Guinea Pigs, but to me they were not just Guniea Pigs, they were my boys. :-(
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madsocks wrote: »
    Got Hans's ashes back last Friday, so I've cleared the top section of my bookcase and I've got his and John's ashes in their boxes opposite each other with a pic of each of them.

Some people may say it's a bit sad doing that as they were only Guinea Pigs, but to me they were not just Guniea Pigs, they were my boys. :-(

Its not sad. Doesn't matter what they were, you loved them and that's what matters.
    We should get our boys' ashes back from the Vet on Sat or Monday.
    All the best :-)
  • Options
    MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Its not sad. Doesn't matter what they were, you loved them and that's what matters.
    We should get our boys' ashes back from the Vet on Sat or Monday.
    All the best :-)

Thanks, you too. :)
  • Options
    Shadow70Shadow70 Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been on this forum for a while, but some of the older members (and I mean those who have been members for a long time, not a comment on your age) may remember my cat Shadow.

Sadly Shadow was PTS yesterday at the grand old age of 17. I have some lovely memories of him, and I hope he is now playing with his brother Muppet beside the rainbow bridge.

My best wishes to everyone who has posted on this thread and knows what it is like to lose a beloved pet and furry member of the family. My thoughts are with you all.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow70 wrote: »
    I haven't been on this forum for a while, but some of the older members (and I mean those who have been members for a long time, not a comment on your age) may remember my cat Shadow.

Sadly Shadow was PTS yesterday at the grand old age of 17. I have some lovely memories of him, and I hope he is now playing with his brother Muppet beside the rainbow bridge.

My best wishes to everyone who has posted on this thread and knows what it is like to lose a beloved pet and furry member of the family. My thoughts are with you all.

Very sorry to read this Shadow :(

RIP lovely Shadow xx
  • Options
    MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    I'm very sad to read about Shadow. Poor old boy, he was lovely and not at all over 'shadowed' by his beautiful new cat family after the loss of his brother. I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to put my cat of 15 years to sleep this morning. She was the sweetest cat ever.

I work at home so we were always together. Obviously, I'm missing her loads already.

So she has now joined her sister on the other side of the rainbow bridge so they can be together again.

I know that in time, after the initial grief has passed, I will have all my wonderful memories for the rest of my life along with the thought that I gave those cats the best life I could.

RIP little Eek (and little Tigs from 3 years ago). I'll never forget or stop loving either of you.
  • Options
    gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 memorials to post on this thread.
    First I lost my dearest doberman girl 'Kara' (our third dobe)back in October 25th.
    She was 13 and 3 months which is some age for that breed within 3 weeks she was diagnosed with cancer and deteriorated rapidly and our vet came home to her to give her the necessary final jab.
    It was so sad for us as we loved her dearly.We buried her in the garden next to her sister Clarrie.2 dogs there now.Kara was the sweetest natured dog you could have and will never be forgotton.

My second is my daughters cat Fluffy.On a previous thread on this pet section I wrote about him going missing having jumped from the balcony of the flat in that freezing January 2013.So many kind thoughts then from people and I was thrilled to report him being found after 10 days.Jan 2014 he got run over outside the house and this time no happy ending.RIP Fluffy and Kara.
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also havent been on for awhile but we finally had to make a descision on our beloved Louie 12 year old Lab, who was born old and knew every emotion going,
    We had the vet come to us and then cremated as he will go with OH when the time comes.
    On the brighter side we still have hes son Freddie, who is now 8 but growing greyer by the day and getting more spoilt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 memorials to post on this thread.
    First I lost my dearest doberman girl 'Kara' (our third dobe)back in October 25th.
    She was 13 and 3 months which is some age for that breed within 3 weeks she was diagnosed with cancer and deteriorated rapidly and our vet came home to her to give her the necessary final jab.
    It was so sad for us as we loved her dearly.We buried her in the garden next to her sister Clarrie.2 dogs there now.Kara was the sweetest natured dog you could have and will never be forgotton.

My second is my daughters cat Fluffy.On a previous thread on this pet section I wrote about him going missing having jumped from the balcony of the flat in that freezing January 2013.So many kind thoughts then from people and I was thrilled to report him being found after 10 days.Jan 2014 he got run over outside the house and this time no happy ending.RIP Fluffy and Kara.
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    I also havent been on for awhile but we finally had to make a descision on our beloved Louie 12 year old Lab, who was born old and knew every emotion going,
    We had the vet come to us and then cremated as he will go with OH when the time comes.
    On the brighter side we still have hes son Freddie, who is now 8 but growing greyer by the day and getting more spoilt.

My condolences to both of you. :(
  • Options
    gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou Uffa.Your thoughts are much appreciated,Gamzattiwoo xx
  • Options
    Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Litefoot Feb 1997 - March 29th 2014.

My little cat gone to join her brothers. I came downstairs to find she'd died in the night. O still keep expecting her to jump on me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Litefoot Feb 1997 - March 29th 2014.

My little cat gone to join her brothers. I came downstairs to find she'd died in the night. O still keep expecting her to jump on me.

So sorry but what a wonderful age. And where she wanted too go too at home as well
  • Options
    NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Chester was 14 when he went to the rainbow bridge, he was a beautiful Golden Labrador with a pink nose that anyone would drop for... He loved his walks, he loved his food, he LOVED swimming as most labs do. Chester was a massive impact on me and my parents and we all cried when it was time for him. I hope to never go through that with another dog.......

I actually have tears writing this.
  • Options
    BeaurepaireBeaurepaire Posts: 13,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy - a much loved dog fell asleep in April 2014.

There is a light that never goes out.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sleep well my baby boy x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chester was 14 when he went to the rainbow bridge, he was a beautiful Golden Labrador with a pink nose that anyone would drop for... He loved his walks, he loved his food, he LOVED swimming as most labs do. Chester was a massive impact on me and my parents and we all cried when it was time for him. I hope to never go through that with another dog.......

I actually have tears writing this.
    Lucy - a much loved dog fell asleep in April 2014.

There is a light that never goes out.
    cavalli wrote: »
    Sleep well my baby boy x

Sorry for all your very sad losses. xx
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friends Labrador passed away. I loved her. She was a beauty. I will really miss her.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Sadly, my dear 24 y/o puss had to be put to sleep last Thursday because of a serious deterioration in her condition :cry:. Here's a picture of her from a couple of years ago in happier times: http://tinypic.com/r/8xkg7s/8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Put my 16 year old border collie Bonnie to sleep on Saturday.
    She had fluid on her big soft heart.
    I hope she's getting lots of belly rubs where ever she is xx