Options

Do you get ill often?

Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
Forum Member
✭✭
I come across some people and if a virus is going around, they've had it. Or like there's always a 'cold' or something wrong.

I never get any of these types of things, colds, flu, trendy viruses. It's not like I like a healthy lifestyle either, I drink and smoke a lot.

Maybe some people just like to complain! Or maybe we're now living in a society of hypochondricas :eek:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often confuse feeling tired with feeling ill. But generally I don't actually get ill often just now and then. Some people I know seem to be ill every day of the year according to them.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`m rarely physically sick.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm never hardly physically ill, mentally though is a different matter :sleep:
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost never. Haven't even had a cold for a couple of years.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty susceptible unfortunately and when I do get it, it's usually worse than everyone else.

It's probably an anaemia thing - I'm always anaemic on and off, but I suspect I don't have the strongest of immune systems.

Everyone is different I guess.
  • Options
    greendayfan6greendayfan6 Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have noticed people who eat animal products get ill a lot.
  • Options
    Pete GrainPete Grain Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get ill probably same percentage as anyone.

One thing is different to most though...an inability to puke.

Seriously. Cannot vomit period. If you think that's good..trust me, it's NOT.

Other than that anomaly - as sick and healthy as the rest of us.
  • Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get ill that often, get a cold maybe once a year and a touch of Hay Fever which is manageable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I just get ill and take time off work in February..I hate that month :( , always seems to be February each year for me lol

Im hardkley ever ill, i just get the odd cold , but just go to work and moan :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My immune system is hopeless, any hint of a cold/bug going around I'm guaranteed to get it. I work in a hospital so it's not helpful :D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very rarely get ill - havent had a cold in donkeys years.

I am, however, very unsympathetic with people who DO get ill and go on about it. I've got no patience with them! LOL
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember only once in my adult life actually being sick and I've only has they shites once as well (separate occasions)

Not even had a cold since before I was preggers so well over a year now.

I haven't had any childhood illnesses.

I have however had the flu once when I was 12 and it was the most poorly I have ever, ever been.

I am pretty healthy though - I don't smoke, I rarely drink and I eat quite well.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I come across some people and if a virus is going around, they've had it. Or like there's always a 'cold' or something wrong.

I never get any of these types of things, colds, flu, trendy viruses. It's not like I like a healthy lifestyle either, I drink and smoke a lot.

Maybe some people just like to complain! Or maybe we're now living in a society of hypochondricas :eek:

I'm like you OP, fingers cross to remain the same.

there's this work colleague who always sick, always have time off even after we've had a long half term break, something is always wrong, She's a female. :D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yellowpark wrote: »

there's this work colleague who always sick, always have time off even after we've had a long half term break, something is always wrong, She's a female. :D

We've got one of those in our office....every month or so, she'll ring up with "stomach cramps" or "getting a severe headache"....:yawn:

Take a pill and get on with it love! :D
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recently, yes.

I think I've been to the GP more times this year than I've been for the previous 35 years of my life.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    headaches and flu symptoms but thats it really, oh and hayfever
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »

Not very often, no. Pleased to say, and touching wood as I'm saying it.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Old but healthy. Flu twice. I'm am very fortunate indeed.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a drain on the national health
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed people who eat animal products get ill a lot.

How can you notice that enough to be able to make a statement about it? :p
  • Options
    izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get poorly at the drop of a hat, so does my youngest. Anything going around and we are guaranteed to get it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I am a total hypochondriac but in actual fact I rarely get ill, one cold a year if that and never a really bad one, haven't thrown up in over 7 years either, I spend all my time worrying I have way more serious illnesses.