Options

Forza Motorsport 5

Comments

• Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    It's because people abused drafting in earlier forza's, 3+ car teams pushing each other down Le Mans etc. The car in front gets a small aerodynamic boost due to the drag coming off the rear wing being moved onto the car behind. An extra couple of mph equates to around a second at the bottom of the Mulsanne Straight. Frustrating I know!

The thing that really bugs me is when an AI driver gets into the "drafting zone" behind your car - you get a dirty lap. I know there is a slight boost from a car pushing up behind you, but on a 2 or 3 lap career race it can make it almost impossible to get a clean lap time.

It almost encourages you to keep the driver AI turned down as low a spossible to ensure that they never catch you up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    An idea would be have the screen fade into a greyscale if your lap failed. Can understand not wanting to divert your eyes to the telemetry. Obviously that would take a patch to achieve that.

TBH - all the Forza's have done it, so it's kind of second nature by this point to spot the dreaded triangle. Plus you tend to know already when you've gone too far off the tarmac or clipped something.

I would say 90% of the time I subconsciously spot it flickering into existence - it's only occasionally that I'm surprised to see that I've done a dirty lap. Normally its when an AI car has managed to get in close enough behind me to trigger a drifting-fail.

I just wish the off-track fails were more consistant. There are some sections of track (on every course) where putting half of one wheel off the road will get you a fail and others where you can have 3/4 of the car off and it will say nothing - annoyingly there's real no rhyme or reason behind which is which. There are places on tracks where there is no reason to be ultra strict where it is and visa versa, places that should be strict, that aren't.
  • Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Well that's a kick in the balls. Why can't they just have a message pop up saying invalid lap - time not counted. I could then slow down and try again the next time around.

Thanks anyway.

The triangle works quite well, you just know it's appeared and if you're lapping consistently, you'll know you've made a mess up.

If you're in hotlapping/rivals and make a mistake in the last sector of the lap - Just hit the rewind button until you pass where you made your mistake, and then carry on. The lap you're on will be wasted but the next one will be clean.

Le Mans/Nurgburgring - On tracks like these it can take forever to get a clean lap in, especially considering the time it takes to complete the first lap and get up to racing speed. When in hotlap/rivals mode; do not cross the start line when the timer starts, instantly reverse the car and do a 180, drive a little around the lap in the wrong direction (ie 3 or 4 corners) and then spin the car round the right way. Then continue as normal, the laptimer only begins when you cross the line and is separate from the race timer. Ok so your tires won't be 100% up to temp but it's better than wasting ages to get onto your hotlap. If at any point you go off track or clip anything whilst your reversing the whole thing is rendered useless, you can't rewind them mistakes.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    TBH - all the Forza's have done it, so it's kind of second nature by this point to spot the dreaded triangle. Plus you tend to know already when you've gone too far off the tarmac or clipped something.

I have found at Prague if you gently brush the wall the lap will generally not be invalidated.
    I just wish the off-track fails were more consistant. There are some sections of track (on every course) where putting half of one wheel off the road will get you a fail and others where you can have 3/4 of the car off and it will say nothing - annoyingly there's real no rhyme or reason behind which is which. There are places on tracks where there is no reason to be ultra strict where it is and visa versa, places that should be strict, that aren't.

I know this is a pain I would hope the lap would not be invalidated until all wheels are off the track, it annoys me if I cut a corner but still have two wheels on the track yet the lap is invalid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I've noticed the occasional wall bump be ignored and the odd paint trade with an AI car too.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I miss something in the free DLC car announcement? I went to buy a new car last night for the first time in a few months and ended up getting 10 free cars including a Veyron SS, AUDI R10 and RUF Yellowbird. I know you get any DLC cars that you paid for for free now but I haven't purchased any DLC as yet. So is this just a good will gesture from Turn 10?
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long Beach track is coming tomorrow (10th April) for free.

Video on IGN : http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/04/09/long-beach-track-revealed-for-forza-motorsport

Link to Forza Motorsport: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm5_long_beach_announce
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are u a VIP? They are the VIP cars I think
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Kendo, VIP. But I'm pretty sure they weren't there when I bought the VIP pass. But like I said, it's been a few months (January I think) since I went to buy a new car.

Long Beach, hmm. At least it's a brand new track to the series. The longer we don't get the Ring the more I'm convinced I was right predicting a Porsche/Ring combo pack hopefully with the 918.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Video on IGN : http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/04/09/long-beach-track-revealed-for-forza-motorsport

Link to Forza Motorsport: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm5_long_beach_announce

Sweet, can't wait for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did I miss something in the free DLC car announcement? I went to buy a new car last night for the first time in a few months and ended up getting 10 free cars including a Veyron SS, AUDI R10 and RUF Yellowbird. I know you get any DLC cars that you paid for for free now but I haven't purchased any DLC as yet. So is this just a good will gesture from Turn 10?

I think they are the VIP cars, but previously you still had to pay out credits for them, to get them into your actual garage. Don't forget when the game launched it was still going down the micro-transactions & pay to win routes.

Which is probably why you never noticed them before - they were just lost in the buying list as cars you might buy at some future date.

I was quite surprised to see "free" above the Yellowbird the other day - I'd already got a free Veyron at launch... I forget how or why.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice that this stuff is free but please release a full game next time take note MS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think they are the VIP cars, but previously you still had to pay out credits for them, to get them into your actual garage. Don't forget when the game launched it was still going down the micro-transactions & pay to win routes.

I was never a fan of the Forza idea of when you buy DLC car packs and then also making you pay out from your in game credits to actually get them into your garage.
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow, cant believe they are giving a new track to the series away for free. Ita makes me wonder what has happened to the ring. My suggestions for the expansion packs, if they ever happen/ever existed:p

German track + dtm cars
    Usa track + nascar cars (one of the drivers did tweet that turn 10 had scanned his latest gen car)
    Japan track + gt cars
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Excellent news on Long Beach, I just watched the trailer it said "Avaliable NOW" at the end so I got all excited and booted up the X1 but soon realised it's arriving tomorrow.

Great job on Turn 10 listening to the complaints and making FM5 grow better each month that passes..
  • Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Free cars for VIP's? That's a nice surprise...

I'm really looking forward to Long Beach, I love the ring but I'm not expecting it this Forza, I think that'll be the hook to draw people in for Fm6.
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Free cars for VIP's? That's a nice surprise...

I'm really looking forward to Long Beach, I love the ring but I'm not expecting it this Forza, I think that'll be the hook to draw people in for Fm6.

Damn it, the ring had better be in this version or i'm kicking off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the Long Beach track download ? I can find the Long Beach Booster Pack but that costs £3.99, where is the free track download ?
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Where is the Long Beach track download ? I can find the Long Beach Booster Pack but that costs £3.99, where is the free track download ?

If it's anything like the last track it's downloaded automatically as an update
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    If it's anything like the last track it's downloaded automatically as an update

Oh I see, thank you.
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Switched of x1 for 10 mins, just switched on and I am downloading long beach now. I bought the dlc pack but still no sign of it in my game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a few laps at Long Beach, love it. Can't nail the final corner (hairpin turn), I either come in too hot and go into the tyre wall or too slow and lose all momentum.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    How's eveyone getting on with the Long Beach circuit? Gotta say I'm aboslutely loving it, it might even be my favrouite track in the whole game. Not driven it since F355 Ferrarri Challenge on Dreamcast and had a nice nostalgic moment. ;-) The graphhics on this track are pretty insane as well, driving a GT-R and LFA around it and it just looks unbelievable from cockpit view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The graphics on the long beach track are great.

I have spent a bit of time putting in timed laps using the E21 and over the weekend I completed the Long beach challenge in the multiplayer hopper. When doing timed laps I'm loosing time on the last hairpin and then all the way down the straight.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried Long Beach on the Monthly challenge which is a Track Day run with the 1970's McLaren and it is great fun to drive but trying to get a clean lap with traffic is very hard