Options

Nation radio

mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Couple of questions about Nation Radio

Does anyone know why they are off the air on dab on the muxco multiplex for North Wales and West Cheshire , they are been off since the early hours of this morning ?

Also they requested a format change to a older rock format? Does anyone know the outcome of this ?

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    LeeSLeeS Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    It was off air on the west wales multiplex this morning too but I think the whole multiplex was down.

As far as I can recall the format change was rejected, however the music has changed over the past few months, it is now playing much more older music and the contemporary songs they are playing are the same 10 songs over and over. I was so looking forward to this station on DAB but it is turning into a real disappointment.
  • Options
    SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LeeS wrote: »
    As far as I can recall the format change was rejected, however the music has changed over the past few months, it is now playing much more older music and the contemporary songs they are playing are the same 10 songs over and over. I was so looking forward to this station on DAB but it is turning into a real disappointment.

Ofcom haven't given their decision, it's probably been delayed due to the Christmas break.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/nation-radio/

Most respondents were in favour so it's highly likely to be approved, particularly as Ofcom are planning to deregulate music formats later in 2014.
  • Options
    LeeSLeeS Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    SouthCity wrote: »
    Ofcom haven't given their decision, it's probably been delayed due to the Christmas break.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/nation-radio/

Most respondents were in favour so it's highly likely to be approved, particularly as Ofcom are planning to deregulate music formats later in 2014.

Ah right, well a broader age range appeal isn't necessarily a problem, but they really need to expand their playlist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the playlist , it is the same songs all the time .
  • Options
    richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    mjdj1689 wrote: »
    I agree about the playlist , it is the same songs all the time .

Yes it is! Day in and day out the same songs. I used to like A Brimful Of Asha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems its problems with the multiplex ? Nation is still off, wonder how they feel about Muxco now ? Juice is in mono , Real Radio sounds its like on a telephone line. Dee on Dab is ok , and so are the 2 BBcs .

How come Now Digital never have these problems ?

Yet with Muxco, its always something ?
  • Options
    deepfroatdeepfroat Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't mind a tweak of the format to play more classic rock tracks as they do in the evenings.

But I'm hearing too many pop tracks during the day which seem out of place for the present format of a modern rock station.

Are they planning to sell the station to Jack FM which claimed it was going to launch in Wales some time this year?
  • Options
    x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deepfroat wrote: »
    Don't mind a tweak of the format to play more classic rock tracks as they do in the evenings.

But I'm hearing too many pop tracks during the day which seem out of place for the present format of a modern rock station.

Are they planning to sell the station to Jack FM which claimed it was going to launch in Wales some time this year?

Doubt it - they have expanded the Nation brand with Nation Hits, just last year. I doubt they'd bin the main Nation so soon after that! They could still provide a Jack format with Nation branding though. Anyone can stick a radio station on Auto with a Mix of David Bowie/Oasis type music!
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ofcom agrees to the format change although with a slight rewording to the original proposal:

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/nation-radio/statement