how to get controller to work ? - wii u

KunashKunash Posts: 1,144
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi. i bought my daughter a wii u. and some games.

one game was just dance 4.

i am having trouble getting the wii controller to work.

i am in the main screen, and am trying to configure the controller. it asks me to press button ''A'' on the controller at the sensor.

the controller is charged up, turned on, and i point it at the sensor, but it doesnt respond.

so the screen doesnt move on to the next page

any help is welcome or suggestions please

Comments

• CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you talking about the Wii U gamepad or the Wii Remote?

If you're talking about the Wii remote then make sure you sync them with the console first (by pressing the small red button on the console and the controller).Instructions are here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGJ10XLMo5w

Just Dance 4 requires a Wii Remote for dancing The Wii U gamepad won't work for dancing as far as I'm aware. It''s either used instead of the tv as a display when the tv is in use..or for a second player in "puppet Master mode" to control what dance moves the other players have to do.
  • KunashKunash Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    Are you talking about the Wii U gamepad or the Wii Remote?

If you're talking about the Wii remote then make sure you sync them with the console first (by pressing the small red button on the console and the controller).Instructions are here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGJ10XLMo5w

Just Dance 4 requires a Wii Remote for dancing The Wii U gamepad won't work for dancing as far as I'm aware. It''s either used instead of the tv as a display when the tv is in use..or for a second player in "puppet Master mode" to control what dance moves the other players have to do.

thanks for reply and link

i did some googling and it seems i havent synced the remote (controller).
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kunash wrote: »
    hi. i bought my daughter a wii u. and some games.

one game was just dance 4.

i am having trouble getting the wii controller to work.

i am in the main screen, and am trying to configure the controller. it asks me to press button ''A'' on the controller at the sensor.

the controller is charged up, turned on, and i point it at the sensor, but it doesnt respond.

so the screen doesnt move on to the next page

any help is welcome or suggestions please

you do have a sensor bar???