Options

Peter Kay's Car Share (iPlayer - All Episode Discussion + Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Oh right. Good in joke for those who can spot it. But I bet it went over most peoples heads. For some reason I have a good memory for pop years but when you listen to these shows most people are one or two years out! Just surprised John didn't have a quick rant about it.

You should go on popmaster (BBC radio 2 - just in case)
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the little moments that could be missed in the blink of an eye that make this show so great. In the latest ep… the one that made me smile was the nan was still talking on the phone saying… "did you hear"…..when he cut her off mid sentence LOL.

Of course best moment was "Rachel's Bitch" and "Shit for Brains" ! Hilarious.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would gladly have gone to prison for the satisfaction of punching that kid in the face. It was a rather pointless inclusion which spoilt it really. As soon as she'd filled the car and drove off, I thought, "thank god they didn't do that old mis-fueling gag". It's still funny, but does anybody else think that Peter Kay's put weight on since episode 1?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stop watching the bit from last night when John fell over. I laugh like a hyena every time. :D:D

I've done exactly the same. Best episode so far for me - loved it.
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    does anybody else think that Peter Kay's put weight on since episode 1?

WOuldn't be surprised, after all he spends most of his working day on this sitting down.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    You should go on popmaster (BBC radio 2 - just in case)

I have been on popmaster! In 2010 and I scored 36.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Well I guessed it as soon as Kayleigh put the fuel in at the garage, just surprised it took so long for the car to stop.:D

I thought that. I'm no expert but I would not have thought that you could drive to work and maybe half way back before anything happened. I thought that severe damage could be caused just by turning on the engine.

Great show though.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I thought that. I'm no expert but I would not have thought that you could drive to work and maybe half way back before anything happened. I thought that severe damage could be caused just by turning on the engine.

Great show though.

Funnily enough my uncle did this last week (Diesel car for 10 years and he somehow put petrol in so it does happen even after that long) and he got a good way before any effects started to show
  • Options
    MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Funnily enough my uncle did this last week (Diesel car for 10 years and he somehow put petrol in so it does happen even after that long) and he got a good way before any effects started to show

Diesel IN to petrol takes affect more quickly I believe?
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member

Wow! Were you one year out?
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that good or bad?
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ordered Now 48 On Amazon Kayleigh is right its got all the favourites on it
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    Is that good or bad?

It's very good, means Jeff got all but one answer correct.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Wow! Were you one year out?
    It's very good, means Jeff got all but one answer correct.

I actually did get the year right. I was gutted because the question I got wrong was about Abba. Ken Bruce read out three lyrics and asked which group sung them. I just couldn't bring it to mind. It was something simple like "No more carefree laughter". Mind you it was the day before my wedding so I was nervous anyway. I think the wedding angle helped me get on there. The three in ten was Tpau and I got two. So I never made the champions league.

Anyway back on topic. Looking forward to the final episode tonight. Hopefully they get the year right!
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    Is that good or bad?

39 is top score, someone got that yesterday.
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Just ordered Now 48 On Amazon Kayleigh is right its got all the favourites on it

Yes, like "Can we fix it?" by Bob the Builder :D:D:D
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member

Well done :) Did you get the 3 in 10?

Edited - just saw in another post that you got 2.
  • Options
    Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done :) Did you get the 3 in 10?

Edited - just saw in another post that you got 2.
    I actually did get the year right. I was gutted because the question I got wrong was about Abba. Ken Bruce read out three lyrics and asked which group sung them. I just couldn't bring it to mind. It was something simple like "No more carefree laughter". Mind you it was the day before my wedding so I was nervous anyway. I think the wedding angle helped me get on there. The three in ten was Tpau and I got two. So I never made the champions league.

Anyway back on topic. Looking forward to the final episode tonight. Hopefully they get the year right!

Close but not quite it seems!!! :)
  • Options
    Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminder Last one tonight 9.30pm BBC One Best scene coming up in this with Mick miller had me in stiches :D
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    To be honest I would have struggled to get 1 out of 10 for T'Pau.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    JT2060 wrote: »
    To be honest I would have struggled to get 1 out of 10 for T'Pau.

China in Your Hand. That's your lot.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Diesel IN to petrol takes affect more quickly I believe?

As things have gone all dull and factual.

Diesel's heavier than petrol, petrol's pretty good for washing oil off engine parts, so probably going to dilute the diesel for a while, leading to lumpy running probably.
    Eventually Diesel is going to settle at the bottom of the tank, I'd guess.
    'Might' be an explanation of why it didn't play up until the journey home, not that it matters IMO this is a comedy at the end of the day.
    Different viscosity's so either pump, petrol or diesel isn't going to 'like' the alternative fuel.

Not one of the best episodes, but when John went over I roared with laughter, so a lot of the response to the gags is down to the entire 'vehicle' than just the individual gags.
    I really liked the Fantasy video thing this episode, not much ar$ed with the others, but I just grinned like fool to Devil Woman.
    That is going to bare a couple of repeats, just so I can stare at Rachel doing her thing, after I'm done grinning at John.

They better not end this series on any kind of romantic hint, I don't want that, they need to stay as two people who've grown to be friends by accident.
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    China in Your Hand. That's your lot.

Heart and Soul, and thats it i think
  • Options
    Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    little clip from stage show Mick miller
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79l9RVaA8gw
  • Options
    Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    As things have gone all dull and factual.

Diesel's heavier than petrol, petrol's pretty good for washing oil off engine parts, so probably going to dilute the diesel for a while, leading to lumpy running probably.
    Eventually Diesel is going to settle at the bottom of the tank, I'd guess.
    'Might' be an explanation of why it didn't play up until the journey home, not that it matters IMO this is a comedy at the end of the day.
    Different viscosity's so either pump, petrol or diesel isn't going to 'like' the alternative fuel.

Not one of the best episodes, but when John went over I roared with laughter, so a lot of the response to the gags is down to the entire 'vehicle' than just the individual gags.
    I really liked the Fantasy video thing this episode, not much ar$ed with the others, but I just grinned like fool to Devil Woman.
    That is going to bare a couple of repeats, just so I can stare at Rachel doing her thing, after I'm done grinning at John.

They better not end this series on any kind of romantic hint, I don't want that, they need to stay as two people who've grown to be friends by accident.

Not long to wait now prince, to see how it ends hopefully you will be happy! ;-)