Google searches are all highlighted text not the usual blue text . Why?

Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi as the title says.... why are all the results in google showing up like I have clicked on them all? When using google the only results to be highlighted before were if I had already visited the websites but I randomly typed in zodiac and everything it came back with had highlighted links instead of the normal blue text. Is there something wrong or is it a google change?

Comments

• ZenithZenith Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My visited sites (in IE & Firefox) always show as a purple colour, compared to blue for sites not visited. I have never seen a heading that is highlighted, unless I drag the mouse pointer across it myself.

What browser & windows version are you using?
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zenith wrote: »
    My visited sites (in IE & Firefox) always show as a purple colour, compared to blue for sites not visited. I have never seen a heading that is highlighted, unless I drag the mouse pointer across it myself.

What browser & windows version are you using?

Internet explorer and Windows 7 is what i'm using.

Yeah like I said the normal thing is only highlighted if I have clicked on the link to the website. However I typed in "brown" to test and everything is highlighted and I know I did not visit all of those links. I tried green as well and every link is purple not blue. I click to next page and every one of those is purple too. I know I have not clicked all of those links so why is google showing them all in purple and not blue?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I tried Opera and google is fine there. I tried "green" in the search and none of the links were purple they were all blue text. I clicked on the first one to test it and when I went back the first link was the only one with purple text. So it would appear it is only happening in Internet explorer. Can anyone help me solve this?
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I typed green in Chrome and all the links were blue.

I opened up Internet Explorer (the current version is 10 by the way), did the same and all the links were blue there too.

Edit: I mentioned 10 because I thought I saw IE9 mentioned, but on re-reading, apparently not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    I typed green in Chrome and all the links were blue.

I opened up Internet Explorer (the current version is 10 by the way), did the same and all the links were blue there too.

Edit: I mentioned 10 because I thought I saw IE9 mentioned, but on re-reading, apparently not.

So what is going on?