Does anyone here regularly hate their own existence?

Comments

• TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think that, you need to seek psychiatric analysis.

No, what I need is a nice big knife for my troubles! :D

:rolleyes: What? Afraid I'm going to do harm to someone? If everyone who was so chipper as you think, put everyone clinically depressed into a hospital, half the world would be in psychiatric care! :mad:
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    No, what I need is a nice big knife for my troubles! :D

:rolleyes: What? Afraid I'm going to do harm to someone? If everyone who was so chipper as you think, put everyone clinically depressed into a hospital, half the world would be in psychiatric care! :mad:

How many times do you have to be told that you need to go and see someone. No, not half the world is clinically depressed.
  • ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only time i hated my life was when i tried to fit in with materialistic friends [was very young] and found life was pretty empty and pointless, that was sad because i really loved some of those friends but had to cut loose for my own sanity.
  • TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    How many times do you have to be told that you need to go and see someone. No, not half the world is clinically depressed.

Why? Much as I hate the world, I'm actually quite content with it. I'm not going to harm myself or others, I find myself better than that. I'm actually a kind and considerate person who, while hating the people that surround me, will not let that petty hate affect how I iteract with them.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do, mainly because my life has been going no where for the past year now.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, never.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Why? Much as I hate the world, I'm actually quite content with it. I'm not going to harm myself or others, I find myself better than that. I'm actually a kind and considerate person who, while hating the people that surround me, will not let that petty hate affect how I iteract with them.

Because being sad holds some sort of comfort. that much hate isn't good for someone and will only end up hurting you more in a vicious circle. Go and see someone.
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup....despise is the wrong word though. Frustrating as my existence is I'm fully aware many people have lives in terrible conditions so I don't let the actual physical annoyances of life annoy me.

Aside from my gender probs (believe i'm done to death worrying about that) I'm really annoyed at 'when' I've been born. Think how much knowledge we're missing out on. So many scientific discoveries ahead and I won't get to see them. I long for the day humans have evolved into a more stable species and whatever is left of 'humankind' interacts with other celestial creatures.

Who doesn't have the perfect life mapped out though?
  • Jamsey123Jamsey123 Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange that you say that because I do have a soap, a horror movie and an epic, dystopian, fantasy trilogy swirling around in my head. :D:p

I change mine like the wind, this month it a Tv series about 5 different people all involved in the crinimal underworld in different forms whos paths all tangle and wind into eachother and they become patners by circumstance.
    They arn't action heros though, real people, they also arn't the good guys.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,461
    Forum Member
    No - never.

I have probably been lucky enough to be born into a healthy, functional family and am blessed with an optimistic nature. Not even when life slung some pretty awful events at me, I always kept telling myself that it was temporary and would get better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Jamsey123 wrote: »
    I change mine like the wind, this month it a Tv series about 5 different people all involved in the crinimal underworld in different forms whos paths all tangle and wind into eachother and they become patners by circumstance.
    They arn't action heros though, real people, they also arn't the good guys.

Sounds good. I love those kinds of stories, when unrelated characters mingle together by chance!

Actually, I came up with the concept and scripted a (pretty naff) short movie with this acting group I attend about loneliness and imaginary friends (not that I have one though). It was fun and a good learning experience but it's kinda cringeworthy to watch now LOL! :D
  • Jamsey123Jamsey123 Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you film the movie or just act it out?
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup....despise is the wrong word though. Frustrating as my existence is I'm fully aware many people have lives in terrible conditions so I don't let the actual physical annoyances of life annoy me.

Aside from my gender probs (believe i'm done to death worrying about that) I'm really annoyed at 'when' I've been born. Think how much knowledge we're missing out on. So many scientific discoveries ahead and I won't get to see them. I long for the day humans have evolved into a more stable species and whatever is left of 'humankind' interacts with other celestial creatures.

Who doesn't have the perfect life mapped out though?

You should watch the film Idiocracy and you'll feel much better. It's how the world is actually going to turn out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just happen to me occasionally, not regularly. The hate comes when I cannot have a breakthrough on my weakness and keep committing the same mistake every time.
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't say I completely "hate" my existence, but i do regularly begrudge the fact that I do have to exist.

I have though got to a way of existing that suits me and causes me minimal hassle. What I do hate is when people decide that this way of existing isn't "normal" and then proceed to tell me in great length of what i ought to be doing instead (this usually involves pubs and sex at some stage in the list). And i do hate the fact that i just sit there and take it and pretend to agree with them instead of hitting them back with a list of reasons of why i don't do these things (if you're not comfortable in crowded spaces and don't handle physical contact with other people well then the list of "normal" things soon reduces)

but in general i understand what many poster on this are saying, and thanks for making me feel i'm not the only person in the world with these thoughts
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,240
    Forum Member
    I do feel frustrated. Me holding myself back all the time. Knowing what I could be doing but choosing not to and pretending not to care despite a burning inside. It is so tiring and I don't know how long I can last.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, most days in fact but just plod on.
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No - I am very content with my life. I'm not always 100% happy but then who is? I also don't hate the rest of the human race like some people do. I think as a whole we're a creative, inspiring species who make life rather wonderful. If you don't like other human beings perhaps it's time to get some new friends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not since I've been on Prozac....:o
  • ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adopter wrote: »
    No - I am very content with my life. I'm not always 100% happy but then who is? I also don't hate the rest of the human race like some people do. I think as a whole we're a creative, inspiring species who make life rather wonderful. If you don't like other human beings perhaps it's time to get some new friends.

i did and i was cured!
    :)
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find myself doing it a lot :confused: Can't work out why.

I used to but after 25 years of self destruct I managed to pull out of it and now I just pretty much hate everyone elses existence.

It is very difficult for a sane person to be happy in the world today because so much of our lives and futures are governed by unelected companies and corporations and individuals who are soley interested in their own well being and are willing to exploit and manipulate the rest of the population to keep themselves in clover.

All one can really do is take pleasure in the very small things in life and try and apreciate things other than material goods. Personal relationships and flowers. About all there is to be happy about.

There's little point in hating your own existence. You're probably not as bad as you think you are and you can always do something to change what you don't like about yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JG600 wrote: »
    Not since I've been on Prozac....:o

I found that it helped me to stop waking up screaming with night terrors but nothing for my general misanthropy. If I could just get everyone else to take some drugs to improve their personalities then there would be some hope
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, sort of a side question does anyone here doubt there own sanity and mental stability?

No, but I know for sure that most people are insane or deluded and the higher up the food chain the more and more people are properly insane. Unfortunately although power corrupts people by the time it happens they have gained enough power to change the rules to suit themselves. Ultimately you get mad dictators or heads of companies or political leaders who have built an entire insane edifice around their insanity to protect themselves and ensure that they staty at the top and stay mental.
  • SuperbassSuperbass Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Get a grip you moany bastard. :D
  • NomDePlumsNomDePlums Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I really dislike existing and am very much looking forward to having reverted back to non-existence (in the hope that I will never be dragged back into existence ever again).

I have helped others during my time here though because when I see others (human or otherwise) suffering I can't help but feel their pain as well, it's too distressing, it makes me cry for them and myself. Being able to feel like that is the result of having a consciousness/being aware etc though no doubt, and as far as I'm concerned is perfectly normal.

I see people attacking each other all the time for NO good reason, purely out of their own frustrations I suspect, and I do get annouyed at them for the attacks they make on others, but at other times I feel sorry for them because I know their actions are just the result of there own life experiences.

I find the more power a person has over others the less kind they are, the more cruel they can be.