• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I'll also add my vote for Divergent and also on a dystopian front:

Wither by Lauren DeStefano
    Delirium by Lauren Oliver
    Slated by Teri Terry
    The Selection by Kiera Cass

Away from dystopian I would really recommend the Pretty Little Liars series and theres about 15 so if she likes the first that will keep her going a while, if she likes witches The Witch In Winter series is cool, Night School by CJ Daugherty and Hollow Pike by James Dawson were 2 of my fave reads of 2012.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    I'm the other way, love the show but the books were not my cup of tea, a little young writing style, so maybe good for a teen (rather than an older woman who still likes to read teen books :o), they're very gossip girly.

I'm 34 and my fave series is Pretty Little Liars, I guess you could say I am young at heart!:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    I'll also add my vote for Divergent and also on a dystopian front:

Wither by Lauren DeStefano
    Delirium by Lauren Oliver
    Slated by Teri Terry
    The Selection by Kiera Cass

Away from dystopian I would really recommend the Pretty Little Liars series and theres about 15 so if she likes the first that will keep her going a while, if she likes witches The Witch In Winter series is cool, Night School by CJ Daugherty and Hollow Pike by James Dawson were 2 of my fave reads of 2012.
    I'm 34 and my fave series is Pretty Little Liars, I guess you could say I am young at heart!:o

Ha, I think we are very similar (I'm 30) I've read and liked all but one of your recommendations (reading night school ATM, it's really good, and not heard of hollow pike). I think I was expecting more from pll as the series was so good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ Yay, I'm not the only one, mind you theres loads of book bloggers 25+ who are reading YA!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of great suggestions already that I was going to make. Also you could try Chris higgins, cathy Macphail , 13 reasons why Jay asher, Rachel Caine Morganville vampire series. LJ Smith Vampire diares, nightworld and the The circle Series. Siobhan Dowd Books. Gone series by Michael Grant, switched trilogy by Amanda Hocking. Mortal instruments series by cassandra Clare, Gabrielle Zevin books, Candice bushnell's teen carrie diaries, :)

and Kate cann and sarah Mlynowski (sp) and cathy cassidy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ Yay, I'm not the only one, mind you theres loads of book bloggers 25+ who are reading YA!

Lol. Yup I'm one of them :D
  • Options
    mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    I'm the other way, love the show but the books were not my cup of tea, a little young writing style, so maybe good for a teen (rather than an older woman who still likes to read teen books :o), they're very gossip girly.

Oh, well I am late 20's and enjoyed the books :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mangomoon wrote: »
    Oh, well I am late 20's and enjoyed the books :o

Ha! Maybe it was just me Thant :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two of my favourite books ever.

Kind of like The Lost Art..., I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. I adored this.
    SourCherry wrote: »
    Oh, me too! I really love that type of book. I struggle to find more with the same feel. It's something I can't quite put my finger on.

GiraffeGirl - Eva Rice has a new book out! It sort of follows on from Lost Art. It's great so far! The old characters like Inigo and Charlotte are featured. Fantastic :)

It's called 'The Misinterpretation of Tara Jupp'
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    GiraffeGirl - Eva Rice has a new book out! It sort of follows on from Lost Art. It's great so far! The old characters like Inigo and Charlotte are featured. Fantastic :)

It's called 'The Misinterpretation of Tara Jupp'

Oh thank you so much SourCherry! I'll put this on my birthday list for March :)
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gone with the wind is a great book, a real page turner, absolutely ideal for a young woman.
  • Options
    purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rachel Morgan books by Kim Harrison are well worth a read. Urban Fantasy with a very believeable world!!
  • Options
    John DavyJohn Davy Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I've got two suggestions:

1) Willow by Julia Hoban - this book is about a girl who cuts herself because her parents died in a car accident while she was driving.Told in the 3rd person.

2) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer - this book i about a really smart kid who's father died in 9-11 and believes his father left him clues for him to find, like a game. It also tells the story of the kid's grandmother , who lived through a bombing in a foreign country. I think it's told in switching viewpoints.
  • Options
    Jim StarkJim Stark Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I always think that Phillip Pullman's Northern Lights trilogy is beautiful. (His "Ruby in the Smoke" quartet is also really good fun. Less fantasy, more Victorian adventure story.)