EE: What outcome would you have preferred?

chackalacka1234chackalacka1234 Posts: 1,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I cant think of a more satisfying outcome than Bobby, in terms of the potential for a brilliant and indepth after-math.

If it had been Abi, or anyone outside the family, it would feel like a cop out, and pretty predictable... If it was her family, it would feel ridiculous and the after-math would be short-lived

Edit:

What would Cindy being the killer achieve, the family barely love her, and she would go jail -- The End.

Why would Jane kill lucy and then hide it (out of character) --- Goes Jail, the end.

Comments

• TheDevil666TheDevil666 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone.

Anyone would have been better than Bobby.

Even Den Watts, back from the dead again, holding a bloody candlestick and saying "She looked at my Princess the wrong way" would have been better.
  • chackalacka1234chackalacka1234 Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone.

Anyone would have been better than Bobby.

Even Den Watts, back from the dead again, holding a bloody candlestick and saying "She looked at my Princess the wrong way" would have been better.

Why? You did not really give a reasonable explanation.
  • stitcherjennystitcherjenny Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Peter could have been a good storyline.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter killed her accidentally and Jane covered to protect him and Ian from finding out the truth.
  • momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather it had been Jane herself. I thought it was her for ages- though I had a niggle in the back of my head saying that she wouldn't be able to kill Lucy, she loved her too much; I thought something would happen in the flashback episode that would make Jane really angry (in the scene where Lucy was talking about mothers, I thought she was going to mention the time she aborted the baby she was going to give to Jane) but when the moment passed, I knew it wasn't her.

When I think about it, Jane wouldn't have quite fit with what happened. But she would've made enough sense.

I'd say Peter or Cindy- but Peter loved Lucy too much to ever hurt her, and Jane wouldn't have gone to such extremes for anyone except her children imo. So the Bobby ending does make sense and it was obviously well-plotted, but I'm just a bit disappointed. I hope tomorrow's fall-out will make me feel better about it. It just feels a bit daft at the moment.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly, anyone. I think the Cokers would have been odd but Bobby is the worst choice.
  • TheDevil666TheDevil666 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? You did not really give a reasonable explanation.

Because we're meant to believe that a ten year-old kid confronted his older (and much taller) sister, smashed her (presumably once) with enough force to kill her?! And quick enough for her not to defend herself?

This being the same kid who has barely been in the show for the last ten months which, in a way, has cheated some viewers.

It breaks the boundaries of credibility in terms of a storyline. How are we meant to take anything seriously after that?
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am happy with the reveal
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Cindy or Jane herself.
  • Chris_DalekChris_Dalek Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Sharon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Lee, Les, Pam, suicide or another non-official suspect would have been worse.

Cindy, Ben would have been slightly better.

Any other proper suspect would have been much better.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Cindy, Peter or Jane.

I actually think Ian should have never been a suspect.

I also thought that it was never Ian or Peter due to their reactions at Lucy's death.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone but Jane or someone who barely features really.

I would have hated it to be Jane because from the moment this all happened she has been the most obvious one, it would have been boring.

It actually being Bobby is a bit of a let down really. He is barely in it and when he is he doesn't say much at all. After 10 months i was hoping it would be a character we actually knew more about. What have we really seen of Bobby's character in the last 10 months or ever ? nothing really, we know very little about him at all, just the obvious stuff. He's not like other young actors that have loads of lines and play a key role in story lines. He is nothing, and making him the murderer is just poor in my opinion.

There are ways they could have surprised us without it being stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because we're meant to believe that a ten year-old kid confronted his older (and much taller) sister, smashed her (presumably once) with enough force to kill her?! And quick enough for her not to defend herself?

This being the same kid who has barely been in the show for the last ten months which, in a way, has cheated some viewers.

It breaks the boundaries of credibility in terms of a storyline. How are we meant to take anything seriously after that?

His blow was not the only thing that killed her, it was all the other blows she had to the head, and lets not forgot her collapsing in the car lot. He just happened to deliver the final blow, and if you believe children cannot do this, then you're naive. Children are arguably more aggressive then adults in confrontation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    A better outcome would have been for the unanswered questions to have been answered tonight. Like moving the body to the common. I don't really mind its bobby. I was shocked. But he wasn't on the suspect list and the clues haven't really been there for him to do it. They have about Jane. Its been obvious she's been hiding something.
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cindy or Peter would have been the best, I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Cindy or Jane herself.

What would Cindy achieve, the family barely love her, and she would go jail -- The End.

Why would Jane kill lucy and then hide it (out of character) --- Goes Jail, the end.
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy becoming weird, and killing her because she doesn't love him back :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    any other character apart from bobby,

whitney, peter, denise, abi (to name a few) had a much much believeable motive than bobby!
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cindy to be honest, though I'm not upset about this outcome like other people.

The Cokers or Lee would've been the definition of cop-out IMO.
  • LNSLNS Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cindy!

But i think having Bobby as the murderer is going to be... more shocking and also very heartbreaking
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josh_Luck wrote: »
    any other character apart from bobby,

whitney, peter, denise, abi (to name a few) had a much much believeable motive than bobby!

Whitney would have been boring, and the after math would be short lived. Peter would be strange for someone who loved her sister so much and then dump her body in the woods. Abi would be predictable and short lived.

Bobby did not intend to kill her, but simply got into a sibling fight which resulted in a finishing blow after Lucy received many other blows.
  • Chris_DalekChris_Dalek Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Jane wouldn't have covered for Cindy, she barely knows her, whereas Bobby is practically her son
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whitney or Ian (as I had bets on them). Whitney would have been a good shock. Anybody but Bobby, to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Whitney or Ian (as I had bets on them). Whitney would have been a good shock. Anybody but Bobby, to be honest.

Whitney would have been the worst, and least shocking since she hated Lucy and her involvement is minimal. Then once she was revealed, beales would call the police, she would go jail --- The End.