Options

Daniel Mays would be good for Eaatenders

boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
Forum Member
✭✭
This cockney type character actor would be a good fit for Eastenders. He emerged around the same time as Danny Dyer, playing similar type characters & I think he'd make a good addition to the Carter family as some kinda extended famiy member (maybe a lost son of Stan or Buster??)
He even looks a little like Danny Dyer, when they were both younger I used to confuse the 2 a little (they play very similar type characters)

The thing is I think Daniel has quite a strong career outside of EE as a character actor and might not be up for it.

I'd rather have him in it than DVO returning!

Comments

• Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd work but he does a lot of other stuff so can't see him looking to join EE just yet but you never know in the future.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If memory serves me right he has appeared in EE when the slaters moved into the square. He was madly in love with Lynn and wouldn't leave her alone. I think Lynn chucked a bucket of water over him? ;-)
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was in the show in 2000 playing Kat's besotted ex for a couple of episodes.

He's definitely spread his acting wings since then!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was in eastenders for 4 episodes back in 2000 playing a character called Kevin
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If memory serves me right he has appeared in EE when the slaters moved into the square. He was madly in love with Lynn and wouldn't leave her alone. I think Lynn chucked a bucket of water over him? ;-)

It was Kat he was in love with. And Mo threw the bucket of water on him because he wouldn't get down off Charlie's taxi.

Simpler times! :D
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was in the show in 2000 playing Kat's besotted ex for a couple of episodes.

He's definitely spread his acting wings since then!

He's sufficiently forgotten to return then! (I remember wondering if he'd already been in it!) :D

It's not uncommon for actors to appear twice in a soap-esp if they were a very minor character the first time round.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He would be great
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Kat he was in love with. And Mo threw the bucket of water on him because he wouldn't get down off Charlie's taxi.

Simpler times! :D

Thanks, i got a bit confused, nearly right. It was great when the slaters arrived. It was Ethels funeral.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, I remember Kevin from 2000. Yelling his love for Kat and I think he once chained himself outside the Slater house.

Wasn't he the lead role in C4 comedy Plus One in 2009? His ex-girlfriend got engaged to Duncan from Blue. It also had Nigel Harman in it (Dennis Rickman in EE).
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, I remember Kevin from 2000. Yelling his love for Kat and I think he once chained himself outside the Slater house.

Wasn't he the lead role in C4 comedy Plus One in 2009? His ex-girlfriend got engaged to Duncan from Blue. It also had Nigel Harman in it (Dennis Rickman in EE).

I remember that - that was a really funny show. Shame they only did one series.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I would LOVE to have him in Eastenders! I've seen him in a few dramas and he was great in all of them. I don't know whether he would want to join the EE cast but he might be glad of the wage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel and Danny are world's apart in terms of acting ability. Daniel is now in the "must see " category whilst Danny is " don't bother unless you fancy a laugh at how bad he is".
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    He's one of my favourite actors. I've always thought he would be great for EE but I think he's doing fine for work. Maybe one day.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    This cockney type character actor would be a good fit for Eastenders. He emerged around the same time as Danny Dyer, playing similar type characters & I think he'd make a good addition to the Carter family as some kinda extended famiy member (maybe a lost son of Stan or Buster??)
    He even looks a little like Danny Dyer, when they were both younger I used to confuse the 2 a little (they play very similar type characters)

The thing is I think Daniel has quite a strong career outside of EE as a character actor and might not be up for it.

I'd rather have him in it than DVO returning!

I like Daniel Mays. He would be good in EastEnders! I don't think I would want him to be a long lost son of Buster as he has both Mick and Dean and the long lost child stories went out with Derek, IMO. However I could see him playing a younger brother to Buster? That would be good.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I like Daniel Mays. He would be good in EastEnders! I don't think I would want him to be a long lost son of Buster as he has both Mick and Dean and the long lost child stories went out with Derek, IMO. However I could see him playing a younger brother to Buster? That would be good.

I always thought he'd make a good Moon with his curly dark hair.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I always thought he'd make a good Moon with his curly dark hair.

That's true, he could easily pass as one of the Moons. I don't think he needs the work but it would be good to see him appear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I love this guy. OK, some of the films he's done are a bit shit but he is an excellent actor.