Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 11)

Comments

• felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I don't like the ending though
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Capital said they were going to play it anyway.

Does Capital have a financial stake in LM or something? They have really been pushing them very hard this campaign. Or are they doing a little bit of harmless experimenting with On Air/On Sale?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Does Capital have a financial stake in LM or something? They have really been pushing them very hard this campaign. Or are they doing a little bit of harmless experimenting with On Air/On Sale?

Or probably because black magic is a good Pop song that's easy to play on radio and tbf they are the only big selling girl group in the UK atm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately Black Magic is falling for some reason.
    Yep. With the weak radio update today as well, I'm very concerned how the callouts will come in tomorrow.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the album higher on a few iTunes, has been top 10 in Sweden today which is great.

I like Hair, it's fun and I'm really looking forwards to seeing it live. I hate the last few seconds though, it's just annoying, I'll have to cut that bit off I think. I still have no idea what this album is going to sound like though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to kill these girls now. I can't even play it at work, and its stuck in my head while trying to revise spreadsheets. Not a good combo. *twitches at desk*

They're calling it a "bonus track".
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like 'Hair'. I like the repetitive vocal effect at the start and I would have kept it up front in the mix throughout. It would have made the song a bit more edgey. I would have left out a couple of the vocal embellishments in the latter part and unlike others I really like the end. It's a cheeky song which will work well live. Maybe a 4th single but probably just an album track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling they were testing it during that listening party AKA focus group, and while likable it maybe fell a little short for a single. What sorts of questions were asked about it?
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fun and doing exactly what they said they were aiming for with this album "showing off their personalities".....will be interesting to see how all these different aspects cohesively come together for an all album but I have faith...

Seems the Little Mix + Camille & co partnership is solid and fantastic one so far... Black Magic, The End and now Hair....if the next single is Love Me Like You then she is 4 frhttps://youtu.be/_eUN1mkSFXcom 4 with creds on all tracks we have heard/been released so far...
  • Regina_PhalangeRegina_Phalange Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor only has 7 live weekends this year and the second week is the closest to Get Weird's release date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the theme of the album is simply "fun".

If I read one more whine on the Net about how its not "edgy", I think I'll thrust burning bamboo slivers into my eyes. They explicitly stated they didnt want to be try hard edgy and "cool" on this album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #75 United States

I want Gaga to embrace them. I don't think she's a spent force (she is very talented under all the outré performance stuff) and she always vowed to bring back Pop.
  • Stardust11Stardust11 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I read one more whine on the Net about how its not "edgy", I think I'll thrust burning bamboo slivers into my eyes. They explicitly stated they didnt want to be try hard edgy and "cool" on this album.

What exactly do the complainers mean by "edgy"? Sounding like every other bland, manufactured song that's in the charts at the moment? I love the fact that LM are willing to be different in that regards and just let that go and be themselves. Very excited for this album.

As for Hair, I much preferred it on second listen, so I think it's a grower. My favourite parts are the chorus and Jade's verse. I think they're right not to release it as a an official single, but it's a very good album track.
  • xhannahlongxxhannahlongx Posts: 5,620
    Forum Member
    boy instrumental was just on Big Brother. Never heard it before!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    X Factor only has 7 live weekends this year and the second week is the closest to Get Weird's release date.
    I'd guess they will be on the first week, when the second single presumably comes out. Showing a successful former winner is a good way for the show to kick off the lives as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    Showing the only successful former winner that's still with Syco is a good way for the show to kick off the lives as well.

Fixed.
    Forum Member
    Nicki Minajs missing on Hair, I have a feeling thats where they want her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    A bit off topic but this kinda made me laugh, no hate plz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEnpkI9-10k
    Forum Member
    I'm bummed if this is the end of bm in america... (No pun intended)
  • Linda83Linda83 Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit off topic but this kinda made me laugh, no hate plz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEnpkI9-10k

man, parodies really are the lowest form of comedy :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bummed if this is the end of bm in america... (No pun intended)

Why would you even think that? Its just starting. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that this is very many sales, but.

Album: Get Weird
    #61 United States
    Forum Member
    Can't remember the last time I bought a song from iTunes years ago. Just bought black magic, good enough, they don't know you and hair. Probably about time I paid for some of their music 😂
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liamgetg wrote: »
    Can't remember the last time I bought a song from iTunes years ago. Just bought black magic, good enough, they don't know you and hair. Probably about time I paid for some of their music 😂

Welcome, sinner. :p

122 Little Mix Hair (UK)
    Forum Member
    #83 and #2 on hot songs. Assuming they have released it on a Friday to try get top 40 ?
This discussion has been closed.