Mel Gibson's (alleged) rantings

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/01/mel-gibson-oksana-grigorieva-racist-rant-audio-tape-n-word/

According to TMZ, Mel Gibson's ex taped him being racist and mysogynistic in the extreme.

:eek: Just :eek:

Comments

• PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If true he seems to be an incrediby bitter and hateful man. Check out some of the comments on the story in the below link. Some people blaming the woman for 'pushing his buttons'. It truly does pay to be male, rich and famous. Already people are making excuses for him. I hope Oksana and baby are ok cause it seems the media scrutiny will begin now and Mel's money and contacts will be used to destroy her.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/world-exclusive-more-mel-gibson-rants-caught-tape-calls-oksana-psycho-c
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone should be shocked by this - and I say this as a former "fan" of his - he and his father are incredibly racist, sexist and are about as right wing as lazy, right wing bigots can be.

Sick, sick sick. He'll blame the booze, do rehab and Oprah and make another film though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I truly am disgusted if this is true. I've always been a fan of Mel over the years. Been in some of my best films, Braveheart to name a few. But when you hear stories like this, the respect soon goes to nothing. And when I do watch the films next, I'll think of this, and I'm sure it will spoil the viewing.

I always thought he was very good friends with Danny Glover since the LW days?
  • SomebodytoLoveSomebodytoLove Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to quote my daughter

'What is he all about?':rolleyes:

First time I was shocked but not any more.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to quote my daughter

'What is he all about?':rolleyes:

First time I was shocked but not any more.:mad:

'sactly.
    I truly am disgusted if this is true. I've always been a fan of Mel over the years. Been in some of my best films, Braveheart to name a few. But when you hear stories like this, the respect soon goes to nothing. And when I do watch the films next, I'll think of this, and I'm sure it will spoil the viewing.

I always thought he was very good friends with Danny Glover since the LW days?

Some of my best friends are black, huh?

You can be racist without hating an individual black man. You can be racist and love all black men. Racism isn't about black/white, it is about a person of any shade, creed, nationality hating someone of another irrationally.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Gibson is vile. Not really breaking news :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Oh right.. I didn't know that, thanks for enlightening me.
  • luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's such a trashy, racist goon!:mad:
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is falling and falling hard. Never known anything like it in Hollywood since Fatty Arbuckle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't it just make you wonder what on earth his wife had to put up with for 27 years?:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't it just make you wonder what on earth his wife had to put up with for 27 years?:eek:

Or his daughter...his only daughter from his first marriage, from his 7 or 8 kids...that daughter...

the one that is now a nun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or his daughter...his only daughter from his first marriage, from his 7 or 8 kids...that daughter...

the one that is now a nun.

It doesn't bear even thinking about.:(

(apologies if its bare.......wasn't sure.:o)
  • roidboy_roidboy_ Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    real shame
  • PimpurlPimpurl Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I love it when stars show their true colours. Just like the rest of Jeremy Kyle's wannabees :D

It's all on tape (repeat offender). so let them get on with it in court. That's where my interest in this ended
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is just as well some of his rantings are on tape.I know it might not be true but from what was reported it seemed that Mel wanted to paint her as the mad on and an unfit mother.

I don't usually care but I do feel sorry for the child they have.
  • Warren.PeaceWarren.Peace Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    This is not the first time we hear tales of Mel with too much drink inside him.

Just goes to show you can become the greatest in the world, but if alcohol becomes an issue, it's all over.

Thankfully for him he's a millionaire so he won't become a bum on the streets anytime soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest from TMZ

The tapes are under lock and key ... for now.

What an astonishing fall from grace Mel Gibson has had. Seems to be a very angry and self-destructive man. Amazing how the Hollywood publicity machine can make someone appear to be a nice guy for years when the reality is very different.
    Forum Member
    Latest from TMZ

The tapes are under lock and key ... for now.

What an astonishing fall from grace Mel Gibson has had. Seems to be a very angry and self-destructive man. Amazing how the Hollywood publicity machine can make someone appear to be a nice guy for years when the reality is very different.

He had a swipe at Jews when he was once arrested, very bad move since Jews run most of Hollywood.

It went shit for him soon after.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting.

I hope he seeks the help he needs, and not just so he can talk about it on Oprah, as someone said.

Can we take his Oscar back? He didn't deserve it in the first place, Braveheart is dire.
  • ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    What do people expect, with the Nazi-esque father he had, a man who made Hitler look left wing....
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do people expect, with the Nazi-esque father he had, a man who made Hitler look left wing....

My parents were both completely racist, and I'm not in the least, and have been involved in several anti-racism campaigns. Mel Gibson is a grown man, supposedly, capable of making up his own mind about his own views and beliefs.

I was surprised that the DS headline was "Mel Gibson says the n word" rather than "Mel Gibson tells wife she deserves to get raped and threatens to burn her house down" though.

Anyhow, unsurprising. The guy's a psychotic, racist, misogynist arsehole.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is not the first time we hear tales of Mel with too much drink inside him.

Just goes to show you can become the greatest in the world, but if alcohol becomes an issue, it's all over.

Thankfully for him he's a millionaire so he won't become a bum on the streets anytime soon.

I drink. Funnily enough, it's never made me spout racial epithets. :rolleyes: Bizarre that people are effectively trying to make excuses for him, like he's not in control of his own mouth or world views. What, you drink a bottle of whiskey and it makes you hate black people?
  • Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the alleged tapes don't get released, this will blow over quickly, no problem.
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    I drink. Funnily enough, it's never made me spout racial epithets. :rolleyes: Bizarre that people are effectively trying to make excuses for him, like he's not in control of his own mouth or world views.

Sorry if I came across as making excuses for him, the guy is a prick.
    Forum Member
    As long as the alleged tapes don't get released, this will blow over quickly, no problem.

Ricky, if only your career was the same.

BTW, Mel's career was knackered after he told a copper:

"The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

Jews are always in the chorus, main leads - Germany, Britain and France....USA nipping in after the interval.