Options

Android - How do I stop calendar reminders going off at Midnight

joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
Forum Member
✭✭
I have had an HTC Desire for 9 mths or so and it drives me crazy when I get a reminder going off at midnight to tell me it's one of my contact's birthday or I've got an all-day event.

Is there anyway to tell it when I want these reminders - preferably sometime in the day before - or even tell it not to go off during unsociable hours? I can't find a setting anywhere in the menu!! :mad:

(Before anyone suggest it, I am not paying a tenner for an app to do the job of a function that should be in the default calendar)

Comments

• Options
    DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Install Sweetdreams (It's free) from the market, it silences all notifications, rings, message tones everything between a time you set.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Silent Sleep, which sounds very similar to the first suggestion. Also free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DotNetWill wrote: »
    Install Sweetdreams (It's free) from the market, it silences all notifications, rings, message tones everything between a time you set.

Thanks, but does it actually stop the reminder or just silence the phone as it will no doubt keep going off every 10 mins until I cancel the reminder or my battery runs out!
    Also, I do not want to silence the ringer incase I get an urgent/emergency call during the night.

Ok this app is free, but point I was (kinda :o) making was that I wanted a solution not a workaround. I would like to either set a reasonable time or disable birthday/all-day-event reminders all together ;)
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to either set a reasonable time or disable birthday/all-day-event reminders all together ;)

Am I missing something obvious ... what exactly is stopping you editing those events to remove the reminders entirely? I very rarely set reminders for any of my calendar events.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    Am I missing something obvious ... what exactly is stopping you editing those events to remove the reminders entirely? I very rarely set reminders for any of my calendar events.

:o:o D'oh! :o:o

You are completely correct! I had a look at the event reminder that woke me up last night and I had set it to remind me "2 days" before the event - for an all-day event that is MIDNIGHT! :eek: (I could have at least set it to 12hrs) :o
    Sleep deprivation must have switched my BRAIN off this morning! :)

Now I just need to work out how to switch off the birthday reminder from my contacts! ;)