Titanic 3D Ruined by 2 disc edition!!!

2»

Comments

• emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Why do they bother bringing out the 3D collectors edition of Titanic if they are going to ruin the film by splitting it into 2 discs.
    Very annoyed bought yesterday. Watched last night. Refunded today.
    Never would I have bought it had it been clearly marked as a 2 part film split onto 2 disks.

Can anyone comprehend why in the middle if a film someone wants to get the "insert disk 2 message"

The next time James Cameron sits down to watch one of his gold in the cinema, if he ever does, I'd love the middle if the film to be ruined by a message for someone to change the film in the projector or something to tell him.... BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

Very silly of the retailer to give you a refund after you've opened the packaging and watched the film?

Not only have you had a free watch of the film (and possibly copied it to your computer), but the retailer has to send the disk back to be repackaged, before it can be sold again
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    emptybox wrote: »
    Very silly of the retailer to give you a refund after you've opened the packaging and watched the film?

Not only have you had a free watch of the film (and possibly copied it to your computer), but the retailer has to send the disk back to be repackaged, before it can be sold again

Just said I bought wrong disk don't have a 3DTV,
    But also doesn't say anywhere to my recollection that the film is on 2 disks. That's very misleading
    If they did I feel sales would be hit. I wouldn't have bought it.
    But yeah free rental essentially

I understand quality issues but for £23.97 I think a higher capacity disk would be better if there is one.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I understand quality issues but for £23.97 I think a higher capacity disk would be better if there is one.

There isn't a higher capacity disc available for movies. Titanic 3D uses a pair of dual layer discs, each one using 46.6Gb out of the available 50Gb.

You can get bigger discs for use in a BD-XL drive, but these won't work on a standard Blu-ray player.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    webbie wrote: »
    Some lord of the rings boxsets are like that too.

And an intermission would have been most welcome with those in the cinema too. How lazy can people get that they can't handle changing a disk in the middle of a film?

If anyone wants to complain about blu-rays it should be those disks where the disk doesn't restart from where it was stopped but instead goes back to the beginning!
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    scruffpot wrote: »
    But it is a terrible film... I do not understand your point?

If you dont understand his point, there is every chance you dont understand neither Avatar nor titanic, perhaps thats your real problem.;)
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not hard to find the info that the feature is spread over 2 discs.
    This Amazon review states: " The first two discs are the theatrical version of the feature."
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Titanic-Collectors-Blu-ray-3D/dp/B006DZZLC8/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1349214852&sr=1-3
    As does the one on Play "... although I was glad that it was split over 2 discs as that gave me a good excuse for a 5 minute break (it's a long film)."
    http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/31808692/Titanic-3D-Collector-Edition/Product.html?searchstring=titanic&searchsource=0&searchtype=BLU&urlrefer=search&strefer=BLU&searchfilters=s%7btitanic%7d%2bc%7b600%7d%2b

And many more similar
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 2D version is all on one disk which is great as i hate 3D!
  • scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    If you dont understand his point, there is every chance you dont understand neither Avatar nor titanic, perhaps thats your real problem.;)

I'm actually really really happy without any problems and rather chipper. Thanks you very much for asking I appreciate your concern of my problems of not understanding films and peoples points, but it has all been resolved with the use of extended electroshock therapy on my testicles.
  • NefratiNefrati Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do they bother bringing out the 3D collectors edition of Titanic if they are going to ruin the film by splitting it into 2 discs.
    Very annoyed bought yesterday. Watched last night. Refunded today.
    Never would I have bought it had it been clearly marked as a 2 part film split onto 2 disks.

Can anyone comprehend why in the middle if a film someone wants to get the "insert disk 2 message"

The next time James Cameron sits down to watch one of his gold in the cinema, if he ever does, I'd love the middle if the film to be ruined by a message for someone to change the film in the projector or something to tell him.... BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

returning opened films. why things cost more in the uk...

as already said, your complaint is not legitimate, they made the correct choice to preserve quality. the bad releases are those they cram onto one disc at any cost to save money.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2D version is all on one disk which is great as i hate 3D!

and you are a boyband less in the process