Options

England scrap the national team

RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now England are out, it's time to scrap the national team we will never ever win the euro's and world cup so let's pack it up.

Comments

• Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, because that is ridiculous knee jerking.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep very sensible that......oh where are you rolls eyes
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If all the teams who weren't winning World Cups or Euros packed it up, you'd have a pretty short World Cup finals, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh do shut up.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get back under your bridge OP.

The sun has obviously fried your "brain" lad.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facepalm
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I've seen some knee jerk reactions in my time...
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    I've seen some jerk reactions in my time...

Fixed your post...
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    Now England are out, it's time to scrap the national team we will never ever win the euro's and world cup so let's pack it up.

Really, do jog on.
  • Options
    DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If every country who never succeeded at an international tournament had your pessimistic attitude, we'd have maybe 8 teams left and would never see what Costa Rica have managed to do today.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    I think England should experiment a little. Let's see them get in the opposition's head a little. You know what would really confuse the other countries? Let's appoint a fictional character as manager. I'm thinking Ali G, Johnny Vegas, Mike Bassett as a quick shortlist. Other countries will be so taken aback by the move that it will throw them off balance and every England media call will be a love-in. Stevie G and Wazza will be cracking up with the banter and seem as untroubled as kids playing in the park. Masterstroke #1. :p
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of the 53 nations in Europe, only 11 have won either the World Cup or the European Championships. So should the other 42 nations "pack it up"?
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England won a world cup, many years ago, but many teams have never won a single world cup ever. You dont see them moaning and giving up because they cannot win it. You pick yourself up (and your chin :P) wipe away the tears and hit the books. Try again next time.

If football was done like that, it would just be one team in the entire world facing an empty goal. There is always next time you can get your hopes up about England only to have them crushed, its part of our culture, embrace it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would help the trade deficit though ;)
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not often you get told what the future is in the same breath as a stupid idea.
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we will never ever win the euro's and world cup so let's pack it up.

We have won the World Cup, I swear. Google it.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of us are from countries that only make major tournaments once in a blue moon.

Should we just completely give up on ever hoping to see our teams have moments like Costa Rica, South Korea, Croatia et al?
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Of the 53 nations in Europe, only 11 have won either the World Cup or the European Championships. So should the other 42 nations "pack it up"?

Exactly, unbelievably arrogant reasoning to suggest they should quit because they aren't the best, to be expected.
  • Options
    DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a great idea.

Lets extend it to the domestic league as well. There are only about 4 teams who stand a realistic chance of winning it, so all the other 88 clubs, plus the thousands in the lower league structures should also pack it in.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,077
    Forum Member
    The Premier league and their clubs probably wish they could scrap England!
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    The Premier league and their clubs probably wish they could scrap England!
    Yep, that's how it works in the big American sports. Even the national teams they send to the Olympics used to be amateur until relatively recently.