The Great Big Benefits Wedding - Live Channel 5, 9pm tonight

124»

Comments

• MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Matt Baker is from Newcastle. This presenter is from Wales. I think you’ll find the accents are slightly different.

Matt Baker is from Easington Co. Durham. Quite a bit away from Newcastle.:)
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skiprunner wrote: »
    Yeah right, believe it when it happens.

The really low, low point was the 12 year old on benefits...disgusting using kids

I don't even bother looking at channel five in the TV guide!. It's so low rent.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The live bits looked like it had been filmed on a cheap smartphone, the presenter was dire asking inappropriate questions and the brides daughter irratated me so much for no reason other then when she hoiked her dress up and said 'boobies' to the camera
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did the presenter (matt Johnson, it said) keep saying some people would not approve. I can't think anyone would object to them getting wed.

That annoyed me. I think the insinuation was 'if you're on benefits then you shouldn't get married'.
    I gave up watching after so long.
    I didn't realise it was so wrong to get married when you're on benefits.
    It seems to be frowned upon to have anything these days if you're on benefits. And anything you may have bought before been on benefits I suppose they expect you to sell them & have nothing. I'd like to know what they believe is you are permitted to spend your money on. ?
    Most people I know all the money goes on bills & thanks to the energy companies been greedy don't have much spare for other things.