Will Young Is Back

2»

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still amazed that the absolutely terrible version of Light My Fire was released as a single - it was awful!

But that is your opinion. I think he did a creditable job on a awful song. I absolutely hate the Doors version of it.

And, as Will himself said, he has at least brought the song to the notice of another generation, some of whom might have a listen to the various versions of it and then maybe prefer the original or (most likely) prefer Will's version. He sold loads of copies and I believe Will was the only person to get to No.1 in the charts with the song.
  • Ron JeremyRon Jeremy Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by GJP4636
    .He sold loads of copies and I believe Will was the only person to get to No.1 in the charts with the song.

thanks to the modern british singles market of 12 year old girls, being number 1 doesn't mean he's any good.. He will never be able to sell records outside Britain, because he's s*** just like most british artists
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you dislike him so much why are you posting on a thread about him?

As for not selling outside the UK, Light My Fire has been in the charts in Italy for 27 weeks! Yes that is TWENTY-SEVEN weeks. Now you will say that Italians have no taste - that WOULD be wrong as you very well know. He has also done well in other countries in Europe. But without so much hype as the other one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by maf571
    well I'd still do him ;)

so would i ;)
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll wait and listen before i judge any further......Will Young is the only "pop idol" thingy i am quite interested in because in my own little wacky head....he might churn out something that might suprise us.......So i'll keep a open mind.

I heard the Will Young wrote the whole album himself...........pop idol peeps are you listen:p :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GJP - methinks you are a little biased here. You obviously are a huge fan of Mr Young, but there is no need to keep fighting back arguments with "but he sells loads of records" - which is effectively what you're doing.

Yes, he may well sell lots of records, but they are going to appeal to a certain market. As I said, he clearly has talent, but I'm waiting 'til I've heard new stuff before I make any judgements on that. The last album just didn't seem great to me. That is my opinion - you can't turn round and say "yes it was" as if it were fact.
  • pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's more a old-fashioned crooner rather than a pop idol
  • maf571maf571 Posts: 6,391
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Ceza
    so would i ;)

I got more chance than you ;)
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,901
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by maf571
    well I'd still do him ;)

Let's hope he's cut that awful hair of his then, and stops wearing those dreadful caps - then definitely yes! ;)