Options

Look alike - your thoughts

ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
Forum Member
I'm sorry but is this the most uncanny look-a-like you have ever seen? I swear either this is John Terry or someone has been playing around with photoshop! What do you think?

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/4076812._NHS_is_exploiting_my_life____claims_trasnssexual/

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    I'm more worried about the nature of that advert- only targeting women drinkers and implying that women drinking is worse than when men do it.

Something's either right or wrong. You can't have one rule for one group of people and another for another.

If men are allowed to get drunk, then so are women. To say that it's only OK for men is sexism.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL yes he looks like John Terry!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is priceless
  • Options
    ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    Turquoise wrote: »
    I'm more worried about the nature of that advert- only targeting women drinkers and implying that women drinking is worse than when men do it.

Something's either right or wrong. You can't have one rule for one group of people and another for another.

If men are allowed to get drunk, then so are women. To say that it's only OK for men is sexism.

I agree with you.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose that fella's got a lot of surgery ahead of him if he wants to look anything like a woman - considering the fact that he currently looks uncannily like an England football centre-half.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine that posing for the press in a bad wig will get him more abuse than any NHS poster
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    ebjeebe wrote: »
    I'm sorry but is this the most uncanny look-a-like you have ever seen? I swear either this is John Terry or someone has been playing around with photoshop! What do you think?

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/4076812._NHS_is_exploiting_my_life____claims_trasnssexual/

OMG, how can that person go out in public?

I have no problem with transsexual people, I don't know how they feel so I can never comment on their choice if change sex/live as a different sex.

But I wish someone would tell these people how ridiculous they look most of the time. I am yet to be shown someone who used to be another sex and it's not blatantly obvious.

And what is it with their awful sense of fashion?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant see anything wrong with it it tells the truth and maybe shock tactics will work. its no different to a poster telling men they wont get it up or it will shrink if they drink too much

and there's a heck of a lot of surgery needed there:eek:
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Looks like a cross between John Terry and Toby Anstis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RainDrops wrote: »

This woman is one of the first I've seen wearing realistic clothes.

I remember watching an old program, and there was a scene where recently post-op male-to-female transexuals went to learn about being a woman. You saw them going in.

Rows and rows of floral skirts, cardies, perms and court shoes.

They all looked like they'd borrowed clothes from their Granny!

I think part of the problem is that some Doctors won't operate until you can convince them you're feminine enough, so loads of transexuals end up wearing pink and flowers and tights just to prove they're girly enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    that is so funny :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member

I know, it's worrying.

Do all men never notice what us women really wear and see our LBD's as floral twin sets?
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most campaigns target a market. This ad doesn't imply men dont drink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Most campaigns target a market. This ad doesn't imply men dont drink.

No, but it does say 'If you drink like a man'... which implies that men are allowed to drink like that but women aren't.

That's how I read it, anyway.
  • Options
    roniftoronifto Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Terry's long lost brother/sister! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Perhaps you guys can help me. I'm trying to find a re-run of the Wright Stuff from Thursday morning (5th Feb). It had Ainsley Harriot on it talking about golliwogs and then they went on to take the rip about Lucy and John Terry. A fine juxtaposition of respect for racial sensitivites and contempt for transsexual sensibilities, so I'm told.
    But I wish someone would tell these people how ridiculous they look most of the time. I am yet to be shown someone who used to be another sex and it's not blatantly obvious.
    If it's not blatantly obvious, you wouldn't notice, would you? :)

I do alright. No-one gives me a second glance. I walked into a pub full of shipyard workers in Glasgow's Govan district the other week. Not clever if you don't look convincing. There are quite a lot of us about. We blend in quite well, thank you. We're not all wardrobe monsters that escaped from granny's boudoir.
    I think part of the problem is that some Doctors won't operate until you can convince them you're feminine enough, so loads of transexuals end up wearing pink and flowers and tights just to prove they're girly enough.
    No. I went to my last three meetings at the gender clinic dressed for hill-walking. The medical profession used to be like that about thirty years ago, but not now. At least not in Scotland.

Also Lucy is a girl's name. So she is a "she" not a "he", and not a "fella".
  • Options
    mootpointmootpoint Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (s)he will end up as one ugly woman, so perhaps looking like John Terry might get her a shag? after all there are plenty of chelsea fans out there who idolise the guy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    mootpoint wrote: »
    (s)he will end up as one ugly woman, so perhaps looking like John Terry might get her a shag? after all there are plenty of chelsea fans out there who idolise the guy
    I'm new here and I'm trying to reconcile this post, with this posting tip:

"Please ensure your reply is constructive and adds to the discussion."

The post on the face of it seems to be a snide observation on the necessity of women to look "hot" in order to deserve attention. I could stand corrected though; I'm sure there's a deep and profound message underlying this philosopher's wisdom that has missed me by.

Anyway, Wright Stuff, please...
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like a cross between John Terry and Toby Anstis.

Oh yes!! I laughed in recognition!! :D
  • Options
    sarumsarum Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have no problem with transsexual people, I don't know how they feel so I can never comment on their choice if change sex/live as a different sex.

What choice does she have? None of us have any control over our bone structure, or our genetic heritage.
    And, FYI, we're constantly being told we 'look ridiculous'. That's why the two most important attributes a trans person need are a thick skin, and a sense of humour.
    This woman is one of the first I've seen wearing realistic clothes.

I remember watching an old program, and there was a scene where recently post-op male-to-female transexuals went to learn about being a woman. You saw them going in.

Rows and rows of floral skirts, cardies, perms and court shoes.

I think the key word in that sentence is "old", and it ties in with your last paragraph.
    Gender clinics did, in the past, insist on transwomen displaying an unrealistic, stereotypical "50s housewife" appearance. I well recall an argument I had with a well-known (now retired) gender consultant when I turned up in his office one winter morning wearing jeans and flat-heeled boots; eventually I challenged him to look out of his office window and see how many women in the street below were wearing dresses or skirts. Fortunately, they're a little more realistic these days.

There is also the 'reaction effect'; particularly at the start of transition, many trans women do go a little overboard with the pink/frills/heels/et.c. just because they're finally allowed to wear these things. Eventually, we calm down and start to dress more sensibly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think he would at least buy a decent wig! Ebay is full of pretty realistic looking one now
  • Options
    sarumsarum Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlackOpal wrote: »
    You would think he would at least buy a decent wig! Ebay is full of pretty realistic looking one now

She has her own hair; why would she buy a wig?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a recent generation thing of whingers running along to the media over such pathetic issues, ffs people need to stop being so bloody weak, that or they're just plain arseholes wanting the attention.
  • Options
    Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:cry: (S)he is wearing my coat! I love my coat. Though it looks a lot better on me, even been stopped in the street about it!
    So I think they've got good style :p