Options

CS I liked seeing Gail get her comeuppance but....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
.....Audrey offering to lend David and Kylie the money for the mortgage to buy the house and ket Gail become their lodger was a bit much, even for me who can't stand Gail.

A better option (imho) would have been Nick buying it for him, Leanne and Simon.

Gail and co could then have rented somewhere else, one of the ever appearing from nowhere flats they always seem to have in Corrie. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Well Gail's reaction, after she'd downed a glass of wine or two and then complained about David buying ice cream, said it all for me. She's still trying to be arrogant now. I also wish she'd stop pulling those little girl facial expressions you know the one when she was drinking her wine and looking all lost - pathetic.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    David is a big boy, 22 I'm sure she said the other night, time for him to stop leeching off his mummy and granny and build a life for his own family. As for Kylie, she can piss off, didn't like her attitude change in last nights episode at all - she could've stopped it.
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think Audrey been really reasonable
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

So do I considering what Me me Gail's done to her. The constant woe is me this was my last chance without a second's thought for Audrey. I'm also sick of this bull that we're meant to swallow that this was another man that was letting Gail part with her money and she was falling for it. Once is bad enough, twice is ridiculous and three times...come on.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Tiggi wrote: »
    .....Audrey offering to lend David and Kylie the money for the mortgage to buy the house and ket Gail become their lodger was a bit much, even for me who can't stand Gail.

A better option (imho) would have been Nick buying it for him, Leanne and Simon.

Gail and co could then have rented somewhere else, one of the ever appearing from nowhere flats they always seem to have in Corrie. :rolleyes:
    Audrey wasn't offering to lend them the money for the mortgage - she was offering to lend them the money for the deposit. They'd have had to get the mortgage from a bank or one of the few remaining building societies. And what they must earn between them, they wouldn't have been offered what was needed to buy the house - unless the houses on that side of Coronation Street are as cheap as they are on the other side.
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Gail hasn't learned her lesson, has she? Not one bit.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too, Gail was going to go off and leave David, Kylie and Max stranded - ok yes they are old enough to look after themselves, but if Gail can complain of being hard done by so can they.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    ........... unless the houses on that side of Coronation Street are as cheap as they are on the other side.

Modern house, three beds and garage, with shops, a pub, a car workshop , and on a bus route where the bus comes the moment you get to the stop? Not to mention there are always jobs available at the pub and the factory. and acres of street parking for visitors.

About £300,000 I'd think. :)
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Modern house, three beds and garage, with shops, a pub, a car workshop , and on a bus route where the bus comes the moment you get to the stop? Not to mention there are always jobs available at the pub and the factory. and acres of street parking for visitors.

Its never worth that much
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    doute it would be that much, especially with the crime n murder rate no the street!!
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Well Gail's reaction, after she'd downed a glass of wine or two and then complained about David buying ice cream, said it all for me. She's still trying to be arrogant now. I also wish she'd stop pulling those little girl facial expressions you know the one when she was drinking her wine and looking all lost - pathetic.
    Made me laugh when she was drinking the glass of wine in the Bistro.....she nearly swallowed the glass!

Gail will come out of this ok..... she always does.
    Over the years she has made so many costly errors but still has her home and money around the place.
    Mark my words, she will be back "solvent" again soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand Gail Platt!!!
    She is the most VILE cretin ever!!!
    Loved it when Aud came in and told David and Kylie to buy the place!!!! :D:D:D:D

Gail deserves ALL she gets!!!

I hope she ends up on the street.... She's so desperate she falls in love with a man she detests - her own mother's ex.... Sick!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Made me laugh when she was drinking the glass of wine in the Bistro.....she nearly swallowed the glass!

Gail will come out of this ok..... she always does.
    Over the years she has made so many costly errors but still has her home and money around the place.
    Mark my words, she will be back "solvent" again soon.

Thank you for making me laugh!!!! ha ha!!

"she nearly swallowed the glass" classic!!! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great conclusion - Gail spends months trying to convince Aud (& anybody else who'll listen) that Lewis was a conman & a fraudster - yet it was she who ended up being fleeced & humiliated by him!! :D
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    I loved it when Audrey came round and Gail actually skipped to the door in excitement!
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can anyone remember how much Sally's house was valued at when she and Kevin arranged the swap with Claire and Ashley? I think it was around £160,000, but I might be mistaken. I remember Claire grumbling that the house was valued at less than they thought it was worth.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im loving how Daavid and Kylie are pretty much in the driving seat -

gail says shes going to increase their rent. The then say they will move out, meaning she cant pay the loan. Audreh offers to give them the money to buy gail out and she says "over her dead body" how else can she repay it? she has no other option but to go along with D&K decision.

Love it!!
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    This will probably end up in a silly "Gail squatting in a tent in the garden and refusing to leave" story or something daft
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps her gay Dad will die and leave her money so that she can clear her debts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Audrey wasn't offering to lend them the money for the mortgage - she was offering to lend them the money for the deposit. They'd have had to get the mortgage from a bank or one of the few remaining building societies. And what they must earn between them, they wouldn't have been offered what was needed to buy the house - unless the houses on that side of Coronation Street are as cheap as they are on the other side.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough but that's what I meant. Audrey offering them deposit to enable them to get a mortgage to buy the house.

I was questioning what you are questioning, whether they actually earn enough to raise the mortgage to buy the house.

Given what they earn, child care costs, another baby on the way etc, the current economic climate etc. also I can't see Audrey having enough to lend them the huge deposit they would need.

Far better if Nick bought it as a family hone for him and Leanne and Gail having to move into a flat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hatpeg wrote: »
    Perhaps her gay Dad will die and leave her money so that she can clear her debts.

That would be typical bloody Corrie wouldnt it, reward her for her stupidity.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Dennis Tanner can give her an address and phone number to a soup kitchen he once went to when he was homeless.

I'd love to see Gail shuffling around the street in a massive winter coat, a scarf and a dirty old beanie hat on her head, begging for money.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Put like that - that would be about right!;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I heard she moves in with Nick and Leanne?
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard she goes off a bycycle with a basket, up into the sky.

Just hope she doesn't phone home.